September 20, 2019, 06:18:38 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Tottenham  (Read 68754 times)

January 03, 2016, 11:52:54 PM
Read 68754 times

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
I'd bring Besic on for Kone . Move Cleavery on the left. Just to try and help us win the ball.

Good shout. :)
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

January 03, 2016, 11:58:10 PM
Reply #1

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
I think it was also as much the case that Cleverly taking over for Kone on the left side helped with possession and balance.

There was that too but Besic was everywhere, he did everything but score, and even that was only a whisker away.

January 04, 2016, 12:00:31 AM
Reply #2

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Very true. Running across your own 6 yard box and doing a Cruyff turn in the last minute of a game isn't really the brightest thing to do.

Strange that, a year ago when people said the same, everyone was up in arms about how he shouldn't be stifled and how he'll mature with time.

And he will, but he needs to be given time. Not a week or two but years.

January 04, 2016, 12:02:09 AM
Reply #3

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Martinez does this every time the pressures on, makes the obvious changes. The performance glosses over the fact that we failed to win 3 points again though

The performance...glosses over...the fact that we failed to win 3 points? So the fact that we played really well, which is the only thing we can control, glosses over something that we have no direct control over? How does that work?

January 04, 2016, 12:05:05 AM
Reply #4

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
I don't know if that is fair - you are drawing a bit of a false equivalency. Need to consider when it was during the game Stones was going on his walk about, the absurd number of times he cut in back and forth (more than any other time I have seen), and that he did have clear opportunities to clear it long. I was fine with him doing the first and second cut backs, but by the third I was a bit frustrated and the fourth was just ridiculous.

We should send him a graph that plots the number of acceptable Cruyff turns to make in your area as a function of time and current result. :)

January 04, 2016, 12:10:20 AM
Reply #5

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Pretty much all we're about now isn't it. Playing good football but not winning. The fact we played deeper just makes it seem like we was better. But we could have been about 4 down at half time in reality

Which is why the improvement and the changes for the second half were far from obvious.

January 04, 2016, 12:34:51 AM
Reply #6

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Aye, bet they fucking clang as well.

You're treading on thin ice. :)

January 04, 2016, 12:37:00 AM
Reply #7

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
If someone came here without having seen the game first, they'd be forgiven to think Stones gave the ball away and Spurs scored the winning goal from it.

January 04, 2016, 04:10:34 AM
Reply #8

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
"Journeyman" originally meant a person who's learnt the tricks of the trade, finished apprenticeship, but is not yet a master. I think the phrase refers to his need to go on a journey and work with masters in faraway lands, rather than him having already done so.