October 23, 2019, 04:06:32 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Tottenham  (Read 71037 times)

January 03, 2016, 01:03:07 AM
Read 71037 times

Gash

Global Moderator
Think Roberto will go all defensive for this one. As he does for a few games when the pressure on him starts cranking up.

So I'm gonna predict a 0-0. If we're to get beat I hope it's a spanking which leads to RM finally going!

What a daft statement. I never understand this mentality of wanting to lose so the manager gets sacked, wouldn't it be better we won and went on a decent run? Plus there's nothing to suggest he's under any pressure from within the club anyway.

January 03, 2016, 01:38:04 AM
Reply #1

Gash

Global Moderator
Right gash and ram......

Let's get this clear. There's a difference between wanting to lose and the consequences of a defeat.

Now before getting on your high horses, if you read my post properly I said IF WE WERE TO LOSE not I HOPE we lose.

The only difference between a 7-6 loss and 7-0 loss would likely be the mangers job.

I'm not going to apologize or be made out as a bad blue just because IF we were to lose I hope it's bad enough that a manager who I think is severely hampering us loses his job.

In an ideal world Martinez turns a corner and we win the amount of games we should be and I would sing his praises from the rooftops. But it's being going on 18 months now and he's just not good enough.

It's still a daft statement. We're not getting turned over 7-0 and even if we lose tomorrow, he's not getting sacked especially with a cup semi final in three days.

Other than fans voicing opinions on social media there has been absolutely no suggestion or murmurings from within the club that his job is under any pressure.

January 03, 2016, 03:10:26 AM
Reply #2

Gash

Global Moderator
Not really a daft statement if it meant that this game was the turning point for the board and in the long term we got a great manager in and managed to win the league. Would you then still wish we'd won this game and Martinez hadn't have eventually been sacked? Hmmmmm.......

I'd rather we win, go into Wednesday confident get to Wembley, win a cup and kick on for the rest of the season in the league as well. And there's far more factors than sacking Martinez required if we are to even get close to winning the league.

Not to turn this in to another manager debate but as I said twice already there is no hint whatsoever that he's under any pressure from the club especially not on tomorrow's result.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 03:50:30 AM by Gash »

January 03, 2016, 04:07:31 AM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator
I wish it was that simple but i'm looking at the bigger picture and i think the other guy is aswell. I can't be bothered with another Martinez debate but i'd rather lose a couple now if it meant winning the league in 3 or 4 years, that's just how i feel, we'll never come close to winning the league with the current manager. We won't even get in the top 7 this season with him in charge so a win here and there in my opinion is purely academic.

We'll never get close to winning the league under our current circumstances, changing the manager isn't going to change that and we won't attract a Premier League winning pedigree of manager if we get rid of him. It'll change things, possibly for the better but it won't put us in a league winning position anytime soon, there's far too many other external factors.

I'm losing patience with Martinez but sacking him during a transfer window (when there is little value/money for the new manager) and ending up with someone like Duncan Ferguson taking charge when we've three games against Man City in the next few weeks scares me more than Martinez attempts at changing things around.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 04:08:59 AM by Gash »

January 03, 2016, 04:39:15 AM
Reply #4

Gash

Global Moderator
Well i could point to Leicester currently and what can be achieved with a well drilled organised team with confidence, sure they haven't won anything yet but looking at the table they've got a GREAT chance of finishing in the top 4 if not one better. That in my opinion is down to the manager, and i makes me wonder what could be achieved with the right man in charge. Anyway like i say i'm not here to argue, its just my opinion and i respect yours aswell.

My final say on the subject.

Leicester's suddenly become everyone's favourite example but people need to stop making out Ranieri at 64 and averaging about 18 months at a club/country has suddenly become a managerial genius. And even then, they won't win the league which was your original point.

I'm away to watch the rest of the darts now. ;)

January 03, 2016, 08:42:18 PM
Reply #5

Gash

Global Moderator
https://twitter.com/FourthOfficial_/status/683648124427071488

Whoever runs that account isnt a fan of Howard so im thinking he's been dropped.

Howard or Robles. It's like being given the choice of chlamydia or gonorrhea.

January 03, 2016, 09:31:55 PM
Reply #6

Gash

Global Moderator
Don't think it's a bad line up, using the squad like he said he would. Someone said the other day we had arguably the best squad in the league (we don't) and now people moan when he changes it around a bit.

We've seven games in the next 24 days, players need rotated.

January 03, 2016, 09:36:16 PM
Reply #7

Gash

Global Moderator
Might be a decent move playing Lennon as well from the point of view he'll be bang up for this and feel he's a point to prove.

January 03, 2016, 10:11:15 PM
Reply #8

Gash

Global Moderator
Absolutely nothing for Baines in the left. Looks like Kone's been told to just wander around wherever he pleases.

January 03, 2016, 10:21:54 PM
Reply #9

Gash

Global Moderator
Well I'll be fucking dammed.

Called it. :)

January 03, 2016, 11:53:22 PM
Reply #10

Gash

Global Moderator
Given the second half performance I'm disappointed to only get a draw. They barely threatened us all game.

January 04, 2016, 12:02:04 AM
Reply #11

Gash

Global Moderator
I think it's because Barry has been one of our best players this season...

That and Besic not actually being fit as well.

January 04, 2016, 03:16:32 AM
Reply #12

Gash

Global Moderator
Oh another thing - where are all the Besic haters now?  Come on crawl out from under your rocks you spineless jellyfish.  He was excellent today and that was his first game back as well.  You don't have to own up, I know who you are anyway.  And similar applies to Mori who was also very good except a few small errors in the first half, and Deleufeu who apparently has been 'shit' recently and so we are back to tedious shouts of 'he's better off the bench' bullshit.

Ah you can't beat a good old "I told you so" on the back of one performance.

Everyone has their favourites and everyone has players they just don't get. I can be harsh on Barkley but if we're honest he could put in a man of the match performance in a World Cup final and you'd still find reason to moan about him so don't get all arsey just because someone you rate put's in a decent shift. He was very good today though.

January 04, 2016, 04:11:08 AM
Reply #13

Gash

Global Moderator
I know Howard has been criticised a lot, but thought he could of done better for the goal. In my opinion he dives to the floor facing left but doesn't actually go left, i think a more agile keeper may have got to that, that's my opinion.

It was never Howard's fault for that one. You can use the case that the ball should never have got that far anyway.