September 24, 2019, 02:36:49 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Tottenham  (Read 69224 times)

January 03, 2016, 10:19:29 PM
Read 69224 times

Paddockoldie

Are we at home? Fuckin looks like goodison but it can't be looking at our play... Gonna be ugly this..

January 03, 2016, 10:34:18 PM
Reply #1

Paddockoldie

Get Kone off before he gifts them a goal ffs!!!

January 03, 2016, 11:38:48 PM
Reply #2

Paddockoldie

Howard is actually a worse puncher than Tyson Fury.. never thought I'd see that.

January 04, 2016, 02:32:55 AM
Reply #3

Paddockoldie

For all his effort today and superb hold up and running, i think we let Rom down today... he is getting better and better and unless we make it worth his while, he'll get frustrated and walk.
Sadly, this is Martinez's level and it will just be more on off, on off..

January 04, 2016, 07:27:57 PM
Reply #4

Paddockoldie

Taken from RM's post match interview:
“I felt that while Spurs had a lot of the ball in the first half they were playing into our hands a little bit.  We stopped their main threat and we’re disappointed to concede from such a direct ball but the way we grew into the second half and could use the squad was very, very pleasing.

UH?? Played in to our hands? We got outplayed and were shocking. This is like a boxer saying "I let him keep punching me to tire him out. It was part of my fight plan"

“It was an incredible game of football with a lot of intensity and I felt that with a bit more focus we could have taken advantage with our final pass and the good opportunities that we had in that second half.

The first half would have been nice Bobby..

“But overall the performance was terrific especially from a defensive point of view which has cost us a lot of points in the last few games.

It also cost us this game too.. We were 1 up. I admit we got better later on but let's face it , it's a backs to the wall fight approach again.

If we go out of the cup in a shameful fashion, then he really does need to go. I can accept losing, it's football but it's how you lose. The writing is on the wall for me... How high it is depends.