2 (2.3%)
Osman (Sub)
0 (0%)
Mirallas (Sub)
0 (0%)
Kone (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: Everton v Manchester City  (Read 47480 times)

January 06, 2016, 06:12:30 PM
Reply #60

Rhys

I've got to admit this isn't a game I'm looking forward to.... they will have sussed our weaknesses and unless we fight and close them down we could get wiped out in the first leg.. I'm normally positive about having a chance but start like Sunday and they'll tear us apart before half time.
Lose badly, he's got to go imo.. I'm sick of his patience and consistency nonsense statements because we have neither.

Realistically we arent favourites to win. They are a much better team, better players and we have an awful record under Roberto against City. Plus the fact it is 2 legs rather than a one off game means its difficult to go through even if we were bang in form.

However that isnt a reason not to look forward to it in my opinion. Its the 4th semi final in 20 years, no matter how well (or badly we/roberto are doing) it all goes out the window for the game tonight we forget our worries, our concerns and give everything getting behind the team and dream of the hope of getting to the final then beating Liverpool in the final.

So forget all fears, enjoy the fact we are in a semi final again and have some belief even if misplaced for tonight!

January 06, 2016, 06:35:13 PM
Reply #61

Tinga

This is just one of those games as a supporter that you watch and expect nothing from. I just hope we play decent and not get embarrassed.

January 06, 2016, 06:37:25 PM
Reply #62

Bluedylan

This is just one of those games as a supporter that you watch and expect nothing from. I just hope we play decent and not get embarrassed.

Exactly. As long as we don't get mullered, the manager and the team have got a free pass. Go out and properly give it a go. If they're too good for us, we can accept that, but we might just be able to rattle them. We've definitely got goals in us, home and away, and arguably we look more likely to be a cup team than a league team.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 06, 2016, 06:46:52 PM
Reply #63

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Let's face it almost any (PL) team can win a cup or at least get to the final.

So we certainly have the chance to if the fates fall for us.

Whatever the crowd is, if it's a good one, in terms of hope, the atmosphere will be great.

January 06, 2016, 07:22:51 PM
Reply #64

Evertonian in NC

If you ever are to achieve anything significant, you have to win matches where you are solidly not favoured.  Overall, the draw we've had in this competition is still about as friendly as they will ever get.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 06, 2016, 07:58:38 PM
Reply #65

Paddockoldie

Realistically we arent favourites to win. They are a much better team, better players and we have an awful record under Roberto against City. Plus the fact it is 2 legs rather than a one off game means its difficult to go through even if we were bang in form.

However that isnt a reason not to look forward to it in my opinion. Its the 4th semi final in 20 years, no matter how well (or badly we/roberto are doing) it all goes out the window for the game tonight we forget our worries, our concerns and give everything getting behind the team and dream of the hope of getting to the final then beating Liverpool in the final.

So forget all fears, enjoy the fact we are in a semi final again and have some belief even if misplaced for tonight!

Correct.. I will of course be glued and screaming at the box as always. Just hope we give it our best because our best can beat anyone.. as we have already shown. COYFBB!!!!!

January 06, 2016, 08:20:53 PM
Reply #66

BlueBeagle

Let's face it almost any (PL) team can win a cup or at least get to the final.

So we certainly have the chance to if the fates fall for us.

Whatever the crowd is, if it's a good one, in terms of hope, the atmosphere will be great.

Looks pretty good, just had a peek on the eticketing and every section is limited availability, most of those left are shocking seats too like the back row of the Gwladys

January 06, 2016, 08:31:46 PM
Reply #67

Alfie Noakes

Sorry if someone's already asked but is there the away goals rule on this semi?

January 06, 2016, 08:37:14 PM
Reply #68

Rhys

Sorry if someone's already asked but is there the away goals rule on this semi?

Only comes into consideration after Extra time in the second leg. So if this was 1-1 then the second leg was 2-2 after 90 minutes. We wouldnt go through on away goals until the end of extra time.

January 06, 2016, 08:44:48 PM
Reply #69

BlueBeagle

Only comes into consideration after Extra time in the second leg. So if this was 1-1 then the second leg was 2-2 after 90 minutes. We wouldnt go through on away goals until the end of extra time.

Forgot all about that ridiculous rule lolol

January 06, 2016, 08:48:45 PM
Reply #70

Heisenberg

I actually like that rule. Whilst not a fan of the away goals rule in general, it makes more sense than going out on penalties

January 06, 2016, 08:57:24 PM
Reply #71

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Massive advantage for us that like.

January 06, 2016, 09:10:42 PM
Reply #72

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I actually think it's clever.

Very frequently, extra time is not as exciting as you'd think it would be as most teams prefer to play cautiously, hope for a goal on the counter but rely on penalties if that fails. To counteract this, rules such as the Golden Goal have been introduced, but that didn't have much impact - the incentive wasn't enough for teams to alter their defensive posture for extra time.

By introducing this away goal rule only after 120 minutes, essentially you take two teams that are level and put one ahead as soon as the extra time commences. So for that 30 minutes you now have 1 team that has no choice but to attack the game, which should make it more exciting. You also retain the benefit of incentivising away teams to score across the 180 minutes of normal time.

You could argue the rule doesn't seem 'fair' to the disadvantaged team, but I'd say it's still more fair than the away goal rule as it's normally applied - at least in this instance they get another chance to win rather than being immediately knocked out after 180 minutes.

All in all a sensible rule.

I guess this is what happens when you let the Football League decide the rules, and not the corrupt mongified twats who run FIFA/UEFA/The Premier League.

January 06, 2016, 10:02:16 PM
Reply #73

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
what do you all HOPE the team is? & What do you think it WILL be? x
I have to return some videotapes.

January 06, 2016, 10:05:59 PM
Reply #74

Gash

Global Moderator
I hope and think it'll be as strong as possible. There's plenty chance to rest players at the weekend, plus give Jagielka and Pienaar a run out on Saturday as well.