November 19, 2017, 02:55:39 PM

Author Topic: 24 matches and no penalties  (Read 3049 times)

January 05, 2016, 07:17:55 PM
Read 3049 times

Shogun

Administrator
...and I can't think of any that have been robbed off us this season.

Just one of those strange statistics or does it say something about the way we play?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 07:18:09 PM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

deCoubertin

January 05, 2016, 07:19:47 PM
Reply #1

Alex6691

Now see how many penalties we've had over the last ten years. Must be low!

January 05, 2016, 07:28:03 PM
Reply #2

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Just one of those strange statistics or does it say something about the way we play?

Deulofeu is tending to cross a lot more and Barkley does most of his dribbling between the half way line and the box.

Coleman doesn't get into the box that much at the moment (although had an ok shout vs Stoke).

This takes down the chances of a dribbler getting tripped up.

We don't seem to have too many runners from midfield breaking into the box, so that leaves Lukaku.

He should have had one vs Newcastle but as he's big and strong i think it'd take a lot to a) bring him down and b) the ref to think that he'd been unfairly knocked off balance.

January 05, 2016, 07:33:21 PM
Reply #3

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
we arent direct are we, we are so calculated and slow a lot of the time. Most penalties are given when people are tripped as they are bursting into the box. cant remember that happening much?

Oh and Del diving like a disabled Bambi doesnt help matters.
I have to return some videotapes.

January 05, 2016, 07:38:04 PM
Reply #4

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Nowt new really. Only a few years back that we had one all season

Simply simply lovely

January 05, 2016, 07:40:14 PM
Reply #5

Lxxx

Deulofeu would win us a lot more if he decided to tear the fullback a new one every game instead of focusing on his diving. His pace and trickery should tempt a lot of full backs into diving in but he hasn't yet mastered the art of drawing them in before moving the ball on yet. It'll come, he's got the tools for it.

January 05, 2016, 07:52:28 PM
Reply #6

Bluedylan

We don't have players who pressure and surround the referee (rightly or wrongly). We have a manager who's not into the snidier side of the game, and Goodison is quite a passive place unless something or someone has particularly riled us.

I'm not making a judgement as to whether this is good or bad. I'm sure there's arguments either way, but it's these kinds of psychological elements that have an impact on officials and their decisions (along with arriving into the box with pace and quick feet, as others have pointed out).
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 05, 2016, 08:21:04 PM
Reply #7

bluenose27

Think you should have added "And only 2 goals from set pieces". Also think it would be interesting to know how many goals we have conceded from probably half the number or less than we have had and therein lies are problem.
Sad thing is though that by good tactics, practice in training and a bit of innovation it could definitely be improved.
If you go back to last season I think you can get a clue as to why this is happening!
Remember the debacle when Baines was taken off penalties not because the manager had authorised it but players acted like school boys in the playground shouting "I'm on it" and grabbing the ball!
This is a management problem as it shows a complete lack of discipline.
Likewise when defending and conceding too many goals you have to go back to basics to get it right by marking man for man and putting players on the post.
I am afraid our manager is acting like an ostrich and refuses to get the defensive side right at the expense of a little bit of our attacking play. This is not something recent as it has gone on since the start of last season and it needs sorting urgently!

January 05, 2016, 10:33:09 PM
Reply #8

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
We don't fucking appeal and it does my head in

Put a bit of pressure on the refs and they'll bottle it.

January 05, 2016, 10:47:44 PM
Reply #9

montanatoffeefan

Oh and Del diving like a disabled Bambi doesnt help matters.

It's always worked for Fabergas.
Everton forever.

January 05, 2016, 11:09:43 PM
Reply #10

howard1334

It's always worked for Fabergas.

He is actually good at it. Deulofeu is an awful diver. Not a huge fan of his propensity to go down with no contact - but the fact he does it so poorly makes it worse.

January 05, 2016, 11:45:23 PM
Reply #11

Gash

Global Moderator
Pienaar and Arteta are/were always great at winning a soft foul from the slightest nudge. Deulofeu throwing his arms about and screaming like girl isn't fooling anyone.

January 05, 2016, 11:50:13 PM
Reply #12

Major Clanger

Nowt new really. Only a few years back that we had one all season

And that one was given in the last or penultimate match of the season.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

January 06, 2016, 12:10:13 AM
Reply #13

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Considering we try and walk the ball in to the net all game, this is a bizzare statistic.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 06, 2016, 08:46:39 AM
Reply #14

Alfie Noakes

Of course it does! Everton score loads of goals from open play without falling over like twats.

They just have to vastly improve their other set pieces. Penalties isn't a good idea.