1 (2%)
Lukaku
0 (0%)
Pienaar! (Sub)
2 (3.9%)
Kone (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: Manchester City v Everton  (Read 35674 times)

January 14, 2016, 12:54:14 AM
Reply #45

Macca77

Not amused at all, Osman isnt good enough anymore, what goes on in Martinez' head

January 14, 2016, 12:54:41 AM
Reply #46

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We'll probably go on and win with that now lol
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

January 14, 2016, 12:54:47 AM
Reply #47

Shogun

Administrator
I like Osman on the left tbh. More worried about Baines right back

Baines RB?

Obviously Cleverley would be playing if he was fit and Lennon is quite a different player to him whereas Osman does have similarities. It'd be suicide to play Mirallas and Deulofeu away to City.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 14, 2016, 12:55:10 AM
Reply #48

howard1334

Osman is starting?

That is a very strange one.

It makes sense in light of Martinez's refusal to start two out-and-out wingers at a time. Only other options if he did not want to start Mirallas were Kone and Peinaar, and I actually think Osman is the better choice over both of them. Peinaar is still regaining match fitness and returning from a seriously long injury layoff, and we all pretty much have grown tired of Kone starting on the left. Osman will be able to link up play, bring Baines into the game, and provide cover.

With that said, obviously I would prefer Kevin was starting. But that kind of goes without saying.

January 14, 2016, 12:55:22 AM
Reply #49

kramer0

Even though Stones isn't a natural right back, he passes the ball well and can help us build down that flank. I'm really curious to see how this side performs.

January 14, 2016, 12:55:46 AM
Reply #50

hannu

Not amused at all, Osman isnt good enough anymore, what goes on in Martinez' head

Osman is a phenominal player

January 14, 2016, 12:56:12 AM
Reply #51

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
This mirallas thing has gone beyond a joke now.

Why, though?

He just hasn't done anything at all to stake a claim when he's had a chance this season.

Plus, a 3 of Barkley, del and Mirallas would be a nightmare.

January 14, 2016, 12:56:39 AM
Reply #52

Trowel

Can only think Bainman has been clicking in training.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

January 14, 2016, 12:56:45 AM
Reply #53

Everton Mint

Possible delayed kick-off ?

January 14, 2016, 12:57:11 AM
Reply #54

howard1334

3 man midfield of Ossie, Besic and Barry is an interesting one. Bit risky having all 3 of our centre backs on the pitch though an injury to one and we are fucked for backups with Chelsea coming up at the weekend

I don't see it really being a risk. We can always bring on Oveido or Galloway if one gets injured.

January 14, 2016, 12:58:21 AM
Reply #55

Snipellis11

Who else would people have put right back if not Stones?

January 14, 2016, 01:00:28 AM
Reply #56

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Stones at Rb won't be a problem. They don't play with a left mid do he should be troubled too much.

He's obviously think we can get some joy down their right, which is why osman is there to get the best out of baines. Plus he does bring a calming influence which is much needed. Still rather see Lennon though

January 14, 2016, 01:00:50 AM
Reply #57

howard1334

Why, though?

He just hasn't done anything at all to stake a claim when he's had a chance this season.

Plus, a 3 of Barkley, del and Mirallas would be a nightmare.

He has not been all that poor. He does have 3 goals and an assist in limited game time, and has not gotten a consistent run out to really get going in the league. I do agree, however, that starting all three though could be problematic defensively, and I am actually fine with Martinez opting for a more defensive and possession minded option over Mirallas when playing a side like Man City.

January 14, 2016, 01:01:26 AM
Reply #58

Gash

Global Moderator
And Martinez thinks we've a big enough squad to let people leave without replacing them.

If I was Naismith I'd getting fucked off by now, either give him some game time or let him go but quit fucking around. We'll have a clear out on 31st of Jan, no one in to replace them and a couple of more injuries.

January 14, 2016, 01:01:41 AM
Reply #59

howard1334

Who else would people have put right back if not Stones?

Yeah, I think it was our best option. I would not have minded Oveido given how well he did at the weekend, but Stones is probably the better defensive option, and Man City is a far cry from playing a league 2 outfit.