November 18, 2017, 12:01:56 AM

Author Topic: Chelsea v Everton  (Read 52236 times)

January 17, 2016, 05:16:10 PM
Reply #900

Lxxx

Does anyone else think we're capable of going on a run of winning games, seriously i think we will sooner rather than later, we're a fantastic team, with fantastic players, yesterday was hard to take, but some of the shite spouted in here is riduculous,  we were seconds away from a deserved win at a the current champions, and got an excellent fought draw at City! Give your heads a wobble and back the players and manager, we're not far off the top 6, and top 4 is still possible,  we need to start winning games starting on Sunday

We've had lower mid table form for the best part of two years. This magical run that people dream of being just around the corner never appears. Give it up and just accept it.

January 17, 2016, 05:20:39 PM
Reply #901

Craig_1878

Watching it back on Goals on Sunday and its hard to watch. Sick of us not being able to manage a game once we're in front. Yes the goal shouldn't have stood but we gifted them chances before that as well. Really don't enjoy watching us play these days.
"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge

January 17, 2016, 06:12:33 PM
Reply #902

Rodenplav64

No I wouldn't swap our squad for Leicesters I'd swap managers though and we'd be in the top 4 and Leicester would get relegated

John stones said otherwise he handed in a transfer request. He didn't believe in our project.

But that is utter fucking shite because he will go for the money and the trophies that in any other season Chelseas , Citys or Barcelona or Real  millions guarantee . . He wouldn't go for the Manager because they are changed every fucking season .

January 17, 2016, 06:14:35 PM
Reply #903

Macca77

We've had lower mid table form for the best part of two years. This magical run that people dream of being just around the corner never appears. Give it up and just accept it.

I refuse to accept it, this is the best squad we've had in decades, we're under performing and have been for a while thats true, but we will come good, im 100% certain of that

January 17, 2016, 07:13:02 PM
Reply #904

Lxxx

I refuse to accept it, this is the best squad we've had in decades, we're under performing and have been for a while thats true, but we will come good, im 100% certain of that

What happens when Lukaku decides he doesn't fancy battling West Brom and Stoke for 10th spot? Where do we find another 25 goals season striker to get us out if the shit when we're shipping goal after goal? We have this season to persuade people like him and Stones that we are going places. We can't always hope that tomorrow will bring better days.

January 17, 2016, 07:45:14 PM
Reply #905

KoemansNumberTens

Errrr, aren't you always advocating selling our best players?

When they are shit and in the main for crazy money. Lukaku wasn't the same player last season. I was obviously wrong though
I'm absolutely not having I was wrong to suggest selling Barkley for 50m after last season was wrong. Even with his massive upturn in performances 50m isn't a bad deal and I wasn't wrong with suggesting selling stones. I was right at the time and he's got worse
I'm always in favor of selling players for over the odds. We won't get over the odds for lukaku though

January 17, 2016, 07:49:23 PM
Reply #906

KoemansNumberTens

But that is utter fucking shite because he will go for the money and the trophies that in any other season Chelseas , Citys or Barcelona or Real  millions guarantee . . He wouldn't go for the Manager because they are changed every fucking season .

That's my point. I don't mean he thinks "our project" is utter shite. I mean that not 1 of them believes in it enough to turn down the top teams when we are currently 11th. The players will love playing under Martinez he'll develop them then they will sod off to do their winning

January 17, 2016, 07:51:40 PM
Reply #907

KoemansNumberTens

The simplest reasoning to best squad shit results is surely the manager being at fault though.
18 months this has been going on. Something needs to change and I'm not having its just our luck. We aren't in 11th this season and last because we are unlucky

January 17, 2016, 08:26:09 PM
Reply #908

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think it's luck either. We're not winning enough and it's unacceptable.

i just think we're close. Something special just around the corner.

That said, I've felt that for a year and a half and the Chelsea game was like a microcosm for Martinez's tenure here. Lots of right undone by painfully avoidable wrongs.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.