November 24, 2017, 12:50:44 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Swansea City  (Read 43970 times)

January 23, 2016, 10:46:49 PM
Reply #30

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I recon this is sarcasm...

Nope.

It's January and we still haven't put back to back wins together and I can't see that changing.

The leagues gone. Might get 7th if we can go on a bit of a run.

January 23, 2016, 10:50:32 PM
Reply #31

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Nope.

It's January and we still haven't put back to back wins together and I can't see that changing.

The leagues gone. Might get 7th if we can go on a bit of a run.

wow im shocked! Defo thought you were taking the piss!
I have to return some videotapes.

January 23, 2016, 10:53:48 PM
Reply #32

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
wow im shocked! Defo thought you were taking the piss!

Can't see us doing anything in the league.

It's too late now to think we're in a false position and going on a good run will put us up the table

That good run won't come, we'll continue to concede goals, and drop silly points.

Very rarely does a team completely buck the trend of what's gone before so late into the season.

January 23, 2016, 10:54:52 PM
Reply #33

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
think im still holding on, its an old cliche but it is the hope that kills!
I have to return some videotapes.

January 23, 2016, 11:02:19 PM
Reply #34

Shogun

Administrator
Win this and we'll probably be three points from 6th place. Champions League is nice and all but our aim should be getting into Europe next season and we need to get back into the top 7 after what we done last season.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 23, 2016, 11:04:09 PM
Reply #35

Bluedylan

We can still get Top 6. Have to beat Swansea and Newcastle at home though, no question. Other clubs up there will have loads of European games and will be fucked at the end of the season. Still do-able for us.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 23, 2016, 11:19:03 PM
Reply #36

Evertonian in NC

Top 6 is doable because the Top 4 are really starting to separate themselves from everyone else.  So just have to be one of the top two from the massive glut of meh that follows.

It's not LIKELY but still plausible.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 24, 2016, 12:02:20 AM
Reply #37

bacon sarnie

Hope we overcome a 3-0 deficit to win 8-7 with Kone potting the winner in the 99th minute. If the premier league has decided to emulate wrestling this season why the fuck not?

January 24, 2016, 12:30:33 AM
Reply #38

Gash

Global Moderator
How depressing that even a win tomorrow will only just put us into tenth place on goal difference.

I'm with TheRam, other than a team going on a bit of a run (and we've shown no sign of doing it) then the layout of the league is fairly settled now. The European places will probably be taken by the clubs in the top eight, the relegation places will be taken by the clubs in the bottom six and everyone else (including us) will be fannying around mid table.

Hopefully we can be that team that goes on a run but I just don't see it, I still have concerns that if we did Martinez would think he'd cracked the code and revert back to his old ways with five games to go. There's too much history over the years from him to make you optimistic that suddenly he'll coach a team to defend solidly and start seeing out games and even winning ugly if need be.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 12:31:46 AM by Gash »

January 24, 2016, 12:50:45 AM
Reply #39

plumber

We can still get Top 6. Have to beat Swansea and Newcastle at home though, no question. Other clubs up there will have loads of European games and will be fucked at the end of the season. Still do-able for us.

Probably. But 6th place would still be a piss-poor achievement considering our squad and the worst league in ages. We had a very rare chance to snatch a CL spot and blew it.

January 24, 2016, 01:00:02 AM
Reply #40

Toddacelli

We'll win this 2-0.

I had a real dip in enthusiasm for this season (as per earlier thread on that subject) but I'm starting to feel better again about watching us.

Having said that, I think @TheRam and @Gash have pretty much nailed it as to the rest of the season and how it will play out.

Only a cup win will be good enough to compesate for throwing away (and I MEAN 'throwing away') so many points this season.

Anyone who mentions the words Wigan, FA Cup and Relegation in response to this can go blow a goat.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 24, 2016, 01:50:27 AM
Reply #41

kramer0

We would be top 8 if we had just closed out Bournemouth and Chelsea (either at 2-0 or at 3-2, take your pick).

It's bizarre that, easy as we are to play against (which is certainly how it looks from a supporter's perspective), we're actually quite difficult to beat -- we've only lost 5 times, the same as City and West Ham and better than everyone else currently ahead of us in the table except Leicester, Arsenal, and Spurs.

The next steps in this team's progression is learning how to use possession to kill games. There's no excuse for how we allow opponents to come on to us in the late stages of a game we're leading.

January 24, 2016, 03:18:20 AM
Reply #42

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
Griffiths has instagramed he's in the squad tomorrow. So either Howard or Robles aren't, not aware of an injury to either of them so I wonder if Howard could be off? It seems more likely than Martinez taking him out the limelight for a bit.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

January 24, 2016, 03:26:08 AM
Reply #43

Shogun

Administrator
Griffiths has instagramed he's in the squad tomorrow. So either Howard or Robles aren't, not aware of an injury to either of them so I wonder if Howard could be off? It seems more likely than Martinez taking him out the limelight for a bit.

He's playing right back
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 24, 2016, 03:28:12 AM
Reply #44

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Seeing people saying the Colorado manager has said he thinks they're getting Howard