November 24, 2017, 02:38:11 AM

Author Topic: Manchester City v Everton  (Read 50389 times)

January 26, 2016, 04:41:37 AM
Read 50389 times

Shogun

Administrator

Manchester City v Everton
Etihad Stadium
Wednesday 27th January 19:45
Capital One Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg

Man City's last 5 matches

Everton 2-1 Man City - Capital One Cup (Navas)
Norwich 0-3 Man City - FA Cup (Aguero, Iheanacho, De Bruyne)
Man City 0-0 Everton
Man City 4-0 Crystal Palace (Delph, Aguero x2, Silva)
West Ham 2-2 Man City (Aguero x2 incl. Pen)

Everton's last 5 matches

Everton 2-1 Man City - Capital One Cup (Funes Mori, Lukaku)
Everton 2-0 Dagenham and Redbridge - FA Cup (Kone, Mirallas Pen)
Man City 0-0 Everton
Chelsea 3-3 Everton (O.G, Mirallas, Funes Mori)
Everton 1-2 Swansea (O.G)

Manchester City

The impetus is on Manchester City going into the second leg of this Capital One Cup tie with the task of overturning a 2-1 deposit at the forefront of proceedings. Manchester City are unbeaten in their last six matches in all competitions at the Etihad Stadium, winning five of those matches and scoring 17 goals in the process, though Everton were the one team to avoid defeat in that run with a 0-0 draw in the league, two weeks ago. City have won 11 of their 14 matches at home this season with West Ham United and Liverpool the only teams to come away from the blue half of Manchester with a victory, both in the Premier League. Manchester City's 2-2 draw against West Ham at the weekend means they have failed to win in any of their seven matches against their fellow top 7 sides this season so far (D3, L4). Unfortunately for Everton, Manchester City have taken more points than any other team against sides in the bottom half of the table and they're actually unbeaten in that particularly statistic, winning 10 of their 12 matches in the league.

Not much seems to particularly change at Manchester City under Pellegrini and that's shown by the fact they've conceded exactly the same amount of goals and have scored just one goal less than at this stage last season, though they are four points worse off which is their lowest total after 23 games in any of the last five season whilst they sit 2nd in the Premier League table, as they did last season. Although they're slightly down on possession from last season, Manchester United are the only team averaging higher than them with 55%, which goes to show how irrelevant that statistic can be. In a similar instance, despite a slight drop, Manchester City still create the most chances per game in the league, ahead of Liverpool (13) and Tottenham (12.65) but their tackle win percentage is the lowest in the league whilst they're actually second in the table concerning Aerial Dues Won, winning 53% of those battles.

Possible Line-Ups

Everton

Everton have the lead going into this Capital One Cup match and it's the first time they've gone into the second leg of a league cup semi final with such an advantage since they made the final in 1984 after beating Aston Villa at home 2-0, despite going on to lose the reverse fixture 1-0. Everton's win over Manchester City in the first leg and their FA Cup win are their only wins since Boxing Day and they haven't won in any of their last five league matches (D3, L2), though they are unbeaten in their last six Premier League away matches which is the longest unbeaten run behind Spurs (W1 D5). Despite the cup victory over Manchester City, Everton have only won one of their 12 matches this season against sides currently in the top half of the table and that came in the second match of the season against Southampton whilst the Toffees have taken just 9 points from a possible 32.

Ross Barkley often is under scrutiny in the footballing world, despite the fact he has more assists than any other Englishman in the Premier League this season and is the joint highest scoring England midfielder. Not only is Barkley bossing the stats against his international teammates but has completed 74 successful dribbles this season which is the second highest behind Wilfried Zaha (75) in the Premier League with 61% of his dribbles being successful, not bad for a player who apparently gives the ball away to much. Furthermore, Barkley boasts an 88% pass completion so far this season which is better the the likes of Mesut Ozil (87%) of Arsenal; Yaya Toure (87%) of Man City; Philipe Coutinho(78%) of Liverpool and the man of the moment, Dele Alli (77%) of Tottenham. It's the joint second highest pass completion rate in the Everton squad behind John Stones (89%) and alongside Muhamed Besic and James McCarthy. Can't believe you just read that crap can you?

Statistics & Injuries

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 26, 2016, 04:51:36 AM
Reply #1

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

January 26, 2016, 04:52:11 AM
Reply #2

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
So our last 5 matches saw us beat city and draw with them. get robbed at Chelsea and lose to Swansea after missing 2 sitters and not been given 2 clear penalties.

Sack the manager i say.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 26, 2016, 05:00:31 AM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator

January 26, 2016, 05:03:53 AM
Reply #4

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Wonder how we'll fuck this one up.

Haven't had a comedy own goal yet. I'll plump for that.

January 26, 2016, 05:30:20 AM
Reply #5

Sprooly

we are only a clean sheet away from the final...........

January 26, 2016, 05:38:02 AM
Reply #6

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
So our last 5 matches saw us beat city and draw with them. get robbed at Chelsea and lose to Swansea after missing 2 sitters and not been given 2 clear penalties.

Sack the manager i say.

I get it, and I have felt this way all year, but it's just like...it just keeps happening?

In general feeling very down about the blues at the minute, and even if we somehow creep through here, it's only because the universe has decided to give that lot across the way a trophy and a final derby win in klopp's first season.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 26, 2016, 05:40:25 AM
Reply #7

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
feeling even worse about the club for inviting that Tory cunt today. almost dont care about Wednesday.

However at 7.30pm ill be sat shaking in front of the tv. Or outside the Etihad trying to get a ticket.
I have to return some videotapes.

January 26, 2016, 05:42:25 AM
Reply #8

Bluedylan

I'm thinking this might be the game where Joel throws a nightmare performance in.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 26, 2016, 05:50:28 AM
Reply #9

KoemansNumberTens

I've absolutely no appetite for this game. As it stands now I won't be watching, not even that I'm sure we'll lose. I think we might win. Just kind of what's the point. We're just plodding on in terms of everything. Don't see any upturn coming. Watching us is a painful unfun experience
I love Everton. I don't fucking like them though. An endless source of disappointment. I'll find some shitty romcom instead

January 26, 2016, 06:19:45 AM
Reply #10

Redartin

We can't hold a one goal lead for seven minutes so how the hell can anyone expect us to hold one for ninty?

Two possible cruel scenarios;
we lose 1-0 to a really controversial goal and City to through on away goals. We have loads of hard luck sympathy and cry in our beer and dream of what might have been.    Or

We draw, saving Bobby's bacon, and we have a great FA cup run, prolonging his stay even further, maybe two finals, lose both, and get relegated.
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

January 26, 2016, 06:44:39 AM
Reply #11

TSGun

As painful as it is anticipating this game we just have to maintain our recent good form against this lot.

Not beyond us at all.

January 26, 2016, 07:11:58 AM
Reply #12

jongre123

I've absolutely no appetite for this game. As it stands now I won't be watching, not even that I'm sure we'll lose. I think we might win. Just kind of what's the point. We're just plodding on in terms of everything. Don't see any upturn coming. Watching us is a painful unfun experience
I love Everton. I don't fucking like them though. An endless source of disappointment. I'll find some shitty romcom instead

I fucking hate 'supporters' like you. We're not doing well at the moment no, but to say there's no point in watching us and cheer for us as we try to win our first cup for 20 years with some of the most talented players we've had since that win is fucking despicable.  I hope you don't watch and we smash them off the park, but if you don't and in the end we come up short at least I can say I supported the team because I love Everton.

January 26, 2016, 08:24:17 AM
Reply #13

Cuttyblue

I think we're going to get through.

I think we're going to face the rs in the final... whether you agree with it or not, it will be a HUGE chance for RM to extend his Everton tenure.

January 26, 2016, 12:10:41 PM
Reply #14

howard1334

Have a job interview so won't be able to watch. Not very happy about it. But at the same time, it probably means we will do well. At least I hope.