December 16, 2018, 12:48:39 AM

Author Topic: Manchester City v Everton  (Read 70225 times)

January 27, 2016, 05:07:32 PM
Reply #105

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
So just the 30 thousand corporate seat a then?

its the club Wembley section

January 27, 2016, 05:20:12 PM
Reply #106

Gash

Global Moderator
Shit kick off time as well. 4.30pm on a Sunday is shite, especially when two northern clubs are guaranteed to be involved. Extra time etc it could be 7.30 before the winning fans get out the ground. There's bound to be issues getting trains or even flights at that time on a Sunday?

January 27, 2016, 05:36:23 PM
Reply #107

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Shit kick off time as well. 4.30pm on a Sunday is shite, especially when two northern clubs are guaranteed to be involved. Extra time etc it could be 7.30 before the winning fans get out the ground. There's bound to be issues getting trains or even flights at that time on a Sunday?
Madness, should just play it at Old Trafford and get it over with.

January 27, 2016, 07:36:59 PM
Reply #108

super_ape89

I'm frightened to death about actually getting through.

Our ultimate bogey team awaits us in the final who also happen to be our most hated rivals. It's just too much...

I'm still not over the coach drive back after giving them the semi final a few years back. Never known disappointment like it.
And they are loving it, this is the unfortunate small time mentality we have adopted   :-\

January 27, 2016, 07:40:15 PM
Reply #109

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

And they are loving it, this is the unfortunate small time mentality we have adopted   :-\

We've not adopted it.

We haven't beaten them in a big game (semi or final) since 1906!

Whereas they have beaten us in 4 FA Cup semis, 2 FA cup finals and a league cup final.

January 27, 2016, 07:41:14 PM
Reply #110

bacon sarnie

Really hope we win this mainly for the chance at winning something again but also to read/laugh at posts from those scared of playing Liverpool Football Club.

Lukaku, Stones and Howard play like they can and should its our game. If we don't show up its time to go Bobby lad.

Everton aren't we!

Aye.

January 27, 2016, 07:48:08 PM
Reply #111

Evertonian in NC

We've not adopted it.

Whereas they have beaten us in 4 FA Cup semis, 2 FA cup finals and a league cup final.

Once every 110 years, whether the Shite like it or not FFS.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 27, 2016, 07:50:03 PM
Reply #112

super_ape89

We've not adopted it.

Sorry I meant adapted, a terrible use of English on my behalf tbh. We are adjusted to it all is what I was getting at, and your points are the reason why. I just dislike all the negativity surrounding every derby fixture, it's as if it rubs off on the players mentally haha

January 27, 2016, 07:50:37 PM
Reply #113

Bluedylan

When we were flirting with relegation but used to beat them regularly they accused us of 'small time mentality' and only caring about two cup finals a season, and now we're stronger but never beat them it's the same 'small time mentality' accusation.

Until our manager and players step up and deal with the expectation of beating them, and then get back into a pattern of beating them on a regular basis, our fans are always going to be anxious about those games.

It's criminal that we haven't beaten them in recent years, given how average they've been at times. That's on the players, not the fans.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 07:51:53 PM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 27, 2016, 07:55:08 PM
Reply #114

Bluenose 91

Arse is going like a rabbits nose for tonight now.

Both excited and sick with nerves.  Beyond me how anyone can say they're not arsed about it all.

January 27, 2016, 08:26:06 PM
Reply #115

Toddacelli

Arse is going like a rabbits nose for tonight now.

Both excited and sick with nerves.  Beyond me how anyone can say they're not arsed about it all.

Me too!

VERY excited! God DAMN these electric sex pants!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 27, 2016, 08:43:08 PM
Reply #116

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Ridiculous, Wembley is 90,000 capacity so it should be at least 40,000 each
Just modern day football economics I'm afraid, you wouldn't have a new Wembley Stadium if it weren't for the Corporates and Club Wembley debenture holders.

January 27, 2016, 08:47:29 PM
Reply #117

Gash

Global Moderator
To be fair to Sky Sports News, they do have a sense of humour, I'm sure they've just had a veiled dig at Liverpool fans. They've just interviewed some Liverpool and Everton fans ahead of the game tonight. The Everton fans were two scouse blokes and a scouse woman, the Liverpool fans were one Norwegian, two groups of Irish kids and a guy who sounded like he was from Somerset.  :snigger:

January 27, 2016, 08:51:43 PM
Reply #118

Lxxx

I honestly think this forum makes people cynical.

It's difficult to not be cynical being an Evertonian.

January 27, 2016, 08:54:01 PM
Reply #119

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
My one wish, please God grant me that should we get through and go to Wembley let there be NO half and half scarfs on sale anywhere ! there is a limit this nonsense !