32 (47.1%)
Lennon
28 (41.2%)
Lukaku
0 (0%)
Kone (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: Everton v Newcastle United  (Read 32327 times)

February 04, 2016, 03:27:40 PM
Reply #480

Lxxx

Actually Howard's kept 6 clean sheets and Robles has kept 4 (mostly against championship sides). Robles has played 9 games in total and conceded 9 goals, on average a goal a game.

I'll bow to your knowledge. I took that stat from another poster without bothering to check it.

February 04, 2016, 03:37:47 PM
Reply #481

BlueNoseMike

• If hes on the fielf, can Oviedo take the freekicks, his corners usually beat the first man so hes an obvious upgrade
  • 2 penalties in a game for us, can Martinez have a word with referee HQ weekly please
  • Rob Elliot in goal for newcastle had quite the game, possibly the best player out there tonight such was how he was worked
  • McCarthy bought us that red card for their player, he stuck a snide tackle in earlier and the lad never let it go
  • I'm gonna crack the history books (Bruce Lee Style) and find our last back to back clean sheet occurance
  • newcastle are a dog rough side and a few new faces is very far from paper overing the cracks

Edit: Ballzed up list feature.

You don't need be Bruce Lee to go back too far in those history books for back to back clean sheets, Bruce Forsyth could do it as it was about 3 week ago!

February 04, 2016, 03:37:56 PM
Reply #482

Bluedylan

Stats alone, divorced of context, don't tell you anything about a keeper's performance or ability (at least not in this way). For example, Robles conceded 3 against City last week, but couldn't be blamed for any of them as he wouldn't have been able to get near any of them. And Howard has had games this season where he could've done nothing about certain goals.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 04, 2016, 03:49:38 PM
Reply #483

Rodenplav64

10th clean sheet of the season. 9th for Robles. Granted he didn't really do much tonight but it's what he doesn't do now that's noticeable. You can tell he really concentrates on doing the basics properly and although he has got a fuck up in him still he's holding it together at the minute. Deserves a run from here on in. Dozen games or so to give him some confidence and see how we get on.

I don't think there is a keeper in the world who doesn't have a fuck up in them it is just a matter of how often . He was nervous as fuck when he came in for the league games last season but he got his act together . He hasn't looked half as nervous this season and if Howard is going to go at the end of this season then play Robles from now on . I would play him anyway but there are many who still need convincing he is no worse than Howard .
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 03:50:01 PM by Rodenplav64 »

February 04, 2016, 05:12:06 PM
Reply #484

super_ape89

Did he play tonight?

Do rate him though. Needs to get out of Newcastle pronto.
Signed a new 5 year deal recently, whether that matters is another question.

February 05, 2016, 12:22:20 AM
Reply #485

Toddacelli

You talking to me like I've just joined. Been a member for years pal. I don't need talking down to by you!!

Apologies. No offence intended. I was trying to be helpful.

I know you've been here years bud. I was just trying to remind you and everyone else that this forum is normally a really friendly place because even though I agree with the sentiment, I thought that people were being a bit too harsh in delivering the message.

Again - I was just trying to help.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates