1 (2.2%)
Lukaku
0 (0%)
Kone (Sub)
0 (0%)
Mirallas (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Stoke City v Everton  (Read 26447 times)

February 06, 2016, 07:45:48 PM
Reply #45

Evertonian in NC

I'm expecting Deulofeu to start this one, might want more creativity to open up a side like Stoke.  And asking Lennon to start again (3rd match in 7 days, having played full 90 in previous two) is asking an awful lot.  Especially for a player who runs as far and as hard as he does.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 06, 2016, 07:47:03 PM
Reply #46

Bluedylan

Another big chance for us today to put back to back wins together, and kickstart a push up the table with plenty of favourable games to come. Come on blues.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 06, 2016, 07:51:11 PM
Reply #47

Evertonian in NC

Another big chance for us today to put back to back wins together, and kickstart a push up the table with plenty of favourable games to come. Come on blues.

It's almost criminal how many chances we keep getting at redemption, no matter how many we fuck up.  I'm glad to have them, mind you.  And damn it, I'm still watching!

* also, since the new Everton fleece blanket I ordered off Amazon arrived from the UK, we are 2-0 and have yet to concede
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 06, 2016, 07:53:28 PM
Reply #48

Evertonian in NC

And I know this is the wrong forum for this...but by God, Foxy Footy really are gonna win the League.  Please stop tool rating me when I say it should be our goal and dream to have a truly special season where we do more than finish 4th.

February 06, 2016, 07:59:21 PM
Reply #49

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Unchanged.

No niasse

February 06, 2016, 08:07:57 PM
Reply #50

Ross

Oviedo up against Shaqiri is a worry surely Baines must be carrying some sort of knock and we've got no other option for a defender on the bench?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 06, 2016, 08:09:56 PM
Reply #51

Evertonian in NC

I'm super concerned that Galloway isn't on the bench again. What's going on with that?  And this is Stoke, they will take cheap shots at Rom, you can bet your ass on that.

February 06, 2016, 08:10:39 PM
Reply #52

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Oviedo has the pace at least to keep up with Shaqiri, should be a good game this.

February 06, 2016, 08:12:46 PM
Reply #53

Evertonian in NC

My only concern is Oviedo is also making 3rd start in 7 days, having played full 90 in the last 2.  But he was the unsung hero (except at NSNO, because we know our shit) Wednesday night.

February 06, 2016, 08:16:51 PM
Reply #54

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Hmm strange with Baines.

At least we're solid with this set up in midfield and we've got good options on the bench.

February 06, 2016, 08:22:39 PM
Reply #55

Evertonian in NC

I have the strangest feeling that McCarthy scores today.

February 06, 2016, 08:29:04 PM
Reply #56

toffee_scot

I'm super concerned that Galloway isn't on the bench again. What's going on with that?  And this is Stoke, they will take cheap shots at Rom, you can bet your ass on that.

Thing is from Martinez's perspective, which experienced player does he drop to allow Galloway in the squad and avoid upsetting the selected experienced player?

February 06, 2016, 08:32:55 PM
Reply #57

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Galloway's played more games this season than he will ever have expected to. If he has any sense he will be made up with that.

February 06, 2016, 08:37:36 PM
Reply #58

hill135

Still a good idea to have a centre back on the bench though.

February 06, 2016, 08:39:08 PM
Reply #59

Gash

Global Moderator
Galloway's never played centre back in the Premier League, he probably feels that if the worst comes to the worst Barry can slip in there.