1 (2.2%)
Lukaku
0 (0%)
Kone (Sub)
0 (0%)
Mirallas (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Stoke City v Everton  (Read 38418 times)

February 06, 2016, 02:39:03 AM
Read 38418 times

Shogun

Administrator

Stoke City v Everton
Britannia Stadium
Saturday 6th February 15:00
Premier League Match #25

Stoke City's last 5 matches

Stoke City 0-0 Arsenal
Leicester City 3-0 Stoke City
Liverpool 0-1 (6-5 Pens) Stoke City - Capital One Cup (Arnautovic)
Crystal Palace 1-0 Stoke City - FA Cup
Manchester United 3-0 Stoke City

Everton's last 5 matches

Manchester City 0-0 Everton
Chelsea 3-3 Everton (O.G, Mirallas, Funes Mori)
Manchester City 3-1 Everton - Capital One Cup (Barkley)
Carlisle United 0-3 Everton (Kone, Lennon, Barkley)
Everton 3-0 Newcastle United (Lennon, Barkley Pen x2)

Stoke City

Stoke come into this match in a really poor vein of form having lost four of their last five fixtures in all competitions and even managing to lose their Capital One Cup tie against Liverpool despite winning the match. Their last match resulted in a 3-0 defeat at Old Trafford with a team more akin to that of the Tony Pulis days, led by Jon Walters and Peter Crouch. That was the 10th occasion that Stoke have conceded the first goal in a Premier League match this season and they've only managed to salvage one point when conceding the first goal, losing nine of those matches. Stoke have failed to score in any of their last three league matches and they haven't gone four league matches without scoring since March 1985. Although, Stoke have only lost two of their last nine Premier League fixtures at home and they have beaten Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United during that sequence whilst their losses came against Watford and Crystal Palace. Should he feature, Peter Crouch will become the 25th different Englishman to reach 400 Premier League appearances.

Despite all the plaudits that Stoke have received for changing their identity with players like Bojan, Shaqiri and Afellay, they're not doing any better than at this stage last season as far as the stats are concerned. The Potters have exactly the same amount of points as they did at this stage last season whilst they've scored fewer goals and narrowly conceded fewer goals. They're still averaging 50% possession per game whilst their creating fewer chances, the 6th lowest in the Premier League. Their shot accuracy has improved markedly but it's still the lowest in the Premier League alongside Aston Villa this season and they're winning a fewer percentage of tackles. Mark Hughes is undoubtedly, still a massive cunt.

Possible Line-Ups

Everton

Everton ended a run of five matches without a win (D3 L2) in the premier league in midweek with a 3-0 win over Newcastle at Goodison Park but it still means that Everton's only league victories since September have come against sides in the bottom three places of the table. Southampton are the only side currently in the top half of the table that Everton have beaten this season in 12 matches (D6 L5) and that came in their second match of the season. Everton have only lost one match away from home this season which is the joint best in the Premier League alongside Tottenham and Leicester but they've also only won three times on the road and drawn a league-high of seven matches. Ross Barkley scored his seventh and eight Premier League goal this season with a couple of penalties against Newcastle which equals his total from the previous two seasons combined whilst Riyad Mahrez (23) and Mesut Ozil (19) are the only midfielders who have been central to more goals than Barkley (15) this season.

It'll probably come as no surprise to any Everton fan that Shaqiri's only two Premier League goals came in that one match at Goodison Park this season. A match which also saw a goal from Gerard Deulofeu who has scored in both of his appearances against the Potters for Everton. Speaking of the first fixture, Ross Barkley is the Englishman with the most assists (7) this season but his last assist came in the match in December which saw the third of four matches between the sides to feature a match deciding penalty. Deulofeu trumps the Swiss in the majority of the statistics, most notably in terms of assists and dribbling whilst they've both scored the same amount of goals despite just eight shots coming from the Spaniard this season compared to 27 from Shaqiri. The Stoke winger does boast a significantly higher pass completion rate (85%) than Deulofeu (74%) whilst he wins more freekicks (1.24 Per90) than the Spaniard (0.86 Per90) as well, but he's given 15 free-kicks away this season too whilst Deulofeu has conceded 13 fewer.

Statistics & Injuries

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 06, 2016, 05:19:22 AM
Reply #1

Shogun

Administrator
I'm going to say it.

Glen Johnson is shite.

February 06, 2016, 11:05:43 PM
Reply #2

Shogun

Administrator
Finally, a respectable league position.

February 07, 2016, 05:24:11 AM
Reply #3

Shogun

Administrator
Just watching match of the day and we really should have had at least five today, a couple of excellent saves from Butland in the second half.