November 20, 2017, 02:01:53 AM

Author Topic: Everton v West Brom  (Read 38411 times)

February 13, 2016, 02:57:20 AM
Reply #15

kramer0

https://twitter.com/tjdubss/status/633591976793915392

Not confident but I never am these days.

Would be ecstatic to have my worries allayed by a comfortable 2-0 win.

February 13, 2016, 04:34:04 AM
Reply #16

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I would feel like we've turned a corner if we beat these comfortably tomorrow

Traditionally they feel like the side most likely to turn up purely to try and stop you playing

I've been to this fixture the last 2 seasons and watched 2 horrible 0-0 draws where they didn't try to create anything all game

Anichebe won't actually play will he?
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 13, 2016, 05:53:17 AM
Reply #17

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
These matchday threads are getting later and later, is this so shoggy can get a team right?

Also @Shogun has completely wiped the Swansea game from his memory ;)

February 13, 2016, 05:54:54 AM
Reply #18

ally2

I fully expect us to beat these comfortably.

February 13, 2016, 06:46:24 AM
Reply #19

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Be about 4-0 this

February 13, 2016, 08:31:27 AM
Reply #20

howard1334

Think we will smash them. But then I am always over confident going into games.

February 13, 2016, 01:43:03 PM
Reply #21

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
We are the most backed team of the weekend according to Betfair

Three things are certain in life
Taxes
Death
Everton fuck your weekend up

Simply simply lovely

February 13, 2016, 03:29:38 PM
Reply #22

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
We are the most backed team of the weekend according to Betfair

Three things are certain in life
Taxes
Death
Everton fuck your weekend up

It would actually be a shock if we win this I think and maybe even show that Martinz really has turned a corner

This is the classic type of game that he fails to win. They are setting up just to stifle us, the exact toughest strategy for us to combat with his philosophy.
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 13, 2016, 03:36:38 PM
Reply #23

WeimaranerBlues

We need to start like last week, and not let them get a foothold in the game, just like we did to Stoke last week, and many teams have done to us at home , were we have started slow...

February 13, 2016, 03:43:06 PM
Reply #24

Gash

Global Moderator
They'll come and do what they did last year and play a 9-1 formation.

February 13, 2016, 04:15:09 PM
Reply #25

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

We need to start like last week, and not let them get a foothold in the game, just like we did to Stoke last week, and many teams have done to us at home , were we have started slow...

I think this is where it's tough in games like these.

Stoke wanted to control the ball; therefore us getting in and around them was disruptive to their plan and allowed us to take advantage of the resultant space.

Here they won't want the ball so a similar type of faster start won't necessarily achieve the same aims. E.g. They'd be happy to boot the ball away under pressure and get back into shape, lessening the chances of stealing it off them in advantageous positions.

However what we must do is look like we're trying to score.

There's not a need to always look for a clear chance to move forward.

If we settle for slow passing around midfield and at the back that's exactly what they want.

Therefore some early crosses, long range efforts will be needed to get the crowd feeling like we're on to something.

February 13, 2016, 04:36:36 PM
Reply #26

MmmBlueRamirez

This ones going to be grim. I can feel it.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

February 13, 2016, 04:50:16 PM
Reply #27

School of Science

This is as confident as I have been all season, have no doubt Pullises WBA will come down park the bus and win 1-0 with there only shot on target. Actually got us to win 4-0 in the prediction league.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

February 13, 2016, 05:04:49 PM
Reply #28

Lxxx

Glad I'm not going today. Watching us try and get past 10 men all sat in the final third playing for a point and maybe a scratchy set piece goal would be painful.

So it'll be a 3-2 win then.

February 13, 2016, 06:05:24 PM
Reply #29

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
It feels like we are more likely to win when we are against sides who want to control possession. Our strength really is playing on the counter, especially with Lennon in the side.

Would be ideal if West Brom came at us today and tried to beat us cos we would hit them on the break and give them a hiding

As it is they will just turn up and try and bore the shit of us and go for a 0-0 draw and make our support fume!dangerously teams who set up for a 0-0 at Goodison have been known to sneak away with a win!