November 20, 2018, 01:28:01 AM

Author Topic: [News]Everton announce takeover deal  (Read 88571 times)

February 28, 2016, 03:48:13 AM
Read 88571 times

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Earl bought in in 2006 to the tune of 23%
So our new chap has bought in at 49.9% with the club valued at 175million

so 175/100 = 1.75
1.75x49.9 = 87.325 million

so earls 23% at that rate means 1.75x23 = 40.25million (very handy nice round number).

So if earl has sold up, does anyone know how much he bought for a decade ago? I'm trying to get an idea of the appreciation in value in that time and then compare to a flat rate investment on the highstreet for instance.
So when you deliver your analysis to us you will of course be factoring in the debt that Earl bought into a decade ago, won't you ?

February 28, 2016, 04:17:35 AM
Reply #1

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
The thing stopping the big takeover all these years was the stadium situation.

It looks like this guy is the way this may finally be solved, given his experience in the building of Arsenal's new stadium.

I expect that will be his role and I dont expect other big changes in how the Club or team is run anytime soon.

So good news long-term, but the near future wont be that different.
Wow, you really are an expert in these matters aren't you ! :Horse:

February 28, 2016, 01:10:50 PM
Reply #2

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
In the other thread I mentioned a couple of concerns I had, to be honest I think the structure of the deal has conflicted me. I wanted to see the back of Kenwright but if he has less control I can see why he might benefit us.

I would think the deal has been done to sever any ties/influence with Philip Greene ( or other hidden "interested parties"). The apparent complete removal of earl supports that. A few things I would like to see happen now.
1) Martinez either replaced or put under pressure to deliver results and set standards on things like preparation for games, fitness, organisation, gameplan etc. Things I would expect he could deliver without too much compromise in his "philosophy"
2) the training ground purchased back. I imagine this was always in the plans when the council purchased it and that moshiri is aware of the commitment to do this.
3) a genuine investigation into the challenges and benefits of redeveloping GP. Can we expand the footprint? How long would it take? This is our home and I'd hate to see us uprooted to a shitty identikit stadium if redeveloped GP was viable. If not fine at least we tried and we just accept its time to move.
4) elstone sacked- enough said on this one.
5) review our sponsorship and commercial deals. Renegotiate or dispose of poor/restrictive deals Chang for instance, I like them being involved with Everton, but if they want to stay on shirts they should pay market value for a bigger, more established and very well supported premier league club.

6) seize opportunities to market is properly on the world stage. Why are we not the biggest prem club in Australia after Cahill being with us. America after Donovan and Howard (when he was ok) etc

These 6 things to me are a must to take us forward. If the new owner is the businessman I think
He is I think he will address these (the first 5 at least) within the first few months of his tenure.

Just wasted two minutes of my life that I'll never get back reading that shite, what a load of bollocks.You honestly think having had an Australian player for a couple of years gives us the undisputed right to claim the title of biggest club in Auustralia or the fact that we had an American midfielder on loan for the odd half season should make us the biggest club in America ? You honestly think the new owners priority is to
buy Finch Farm ? Why would you imagine "this was always in the plans" ? Inside knowledge ? Point one, lmao, why don't you just apply for the job as manager  lolol

Oh, wait a minute, Lie Tie made us the biggest club in China didn't he ?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 01:25:14 PM by Escla »

February 28, 2016, 01:14:06 PM
Reply #3

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Koff!

Right thanks for a clear answer with no edge or malice.

Seemingly a 5 fold return for a 10 year investment with benefits. Wonder if he'll try and buy into spurs or sell them a rock cafe as part of the redevelopment.
And the debt Einstein ? Oh just swerve that one and pretend there wasn't any.

February 28, 2016, 04:44:20 PM
Reply #4

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

It really took you 2 minutes to read that?
But Any way onto the points you made. not the undisputed right, but a foot in the door. It's a sad fact that most Australians will barely have known who Everton are before Cahill came along. Why didn't we tour out there, at least a couple of times it gets people interested. People won't just commit and support us because of Cahill but if we had gone over and capitalised on it we would have grown a huge supporter base over there. Instead we sat back and did nothing. Donovan and Howard are seen as huge elite athletes in the USA and we could have marketed ourselves over there better. In fact when I was in America around the time of one of the loans I went into the adidas shop wearing an Everton shirt and a couple of the shop guys told me how much they liked Everton because they could watch Donovan easier. So again an opportunity to grow our supporter base in two countries which don't tend to have huge counterfeiting problems compared to say China/Thailand. This would result in a decent  increase in merchandising revenue.

The training ground will not be a top priority, but I imagine getting out of a reported 1m a year lease and reducing the annual outgoings of the club would be fairly high up. My assumption that the councils intention was to sell it back is based on the fact that it makes no sense for a financially struggling council to tie up a decent wedge of money for a real long term. Not sure on dates but wasn't it about 18months 2years ago they bought it. Could even tie in with moshiris reported interest. (Could be wrong on the timings there tho).

And as for you "lmaoing" and lolling about the Martinez point and using one of the staple Ill thought out responses of the bufoons who blindly follow the crowd but don't understand why. Do you really think he has delivered at Everton? I'm not a professional football manager (I sell houses) so I would probably be a rubbish Everton manager. My point was if we are to move forward under him he needs to adapt and improve. Have clear standards and expectations set out pressure on him to get results. In theory his vision is everyone's vision for Everton, in practice he is a long way off delivering that.

Hope you feel less like you have had your time wasted now. And this didn't take up too many of your cherished minutes.

There goes another minute I'll never get back !

February 28, 2016, 05:18:28 PM
Reply #5

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Wow your getting quicker, those remedial reading classes seem to be making you much more confident.

On a side note no badly written, expletive laden response? or have you seen the points I was making.

Lmao lolllz and other such teenage fuckwittery.

Bullet points in no particular order.

The four clubs with the biggest global following are Man Utd., Liverpool, Chelse, Arsenal, reason, they have won stuff !

Where is this assumption that the council are desperate to buy Finch Farm coming from ? They are getting a better return on their capital invested than they could through any other source.

The Martinez and other points - this guy is a self made billionaire, am quietly confident that he doesn't need his priorities spelling out, he probably knows what needs doing.

March 02, 2016, 04:19:30 PM
Reply #6

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
...........I noticed the steel connection too and I'm sure it will be useful.
I know it should be a formality but I'm still waiting to hear when the PL are due to give a decision.

Global demand for steel is in steep decline, that's why 6,000 jobs in the steel industry in Port Talbot and the North East will be lost this year, prices are rock bottom, a lot of his wealth depends on demand for steel, just sayin like !

March 02, 2016, 09:43:30 PM
Reply #7

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Most cringeworthy and embarrassing , can only hope they don't start that nonsense at Goodison on Saturday.

March 02, 2016, 09:44:28 PM
Reply #8

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Here's Moshiri's Missus, Nazenin Ansari, talking to David Frost. Didn't realise it until now, but I've seen her on Dateline London a good few times. She a prominent liberal journalist who is very critical of the Theocracy in Iran. Just makes me like him even more:

Our man has real class, she's a keeper !

March 03, 2016, 04:03:53 AM
Reply #9

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
So no money coming directly into the club from the deal.
Strange comment ? Did "the club" own anything to sell or did the shareholders own the shares ? It is now for the new shareholder to put money into the club, which he appears to be willing to do so.

March 03, 2016, 05:15:59 PM
Reply #10

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
This was from the short-term rip-off loans that may or may not have been to a Robert Earl company in the Bahamas or somewhere similar.  I said the other day even if he just funds the money for one year to stop this never ending cycle it'll be a few m extra to spend per year.

If you spend 9m on something, get 20m back for half of it, and will likely get an even greater return when selling the other 50% then that is a massive return.  But its more forgivable than Robert Earl who seemingly made a lot of money on both the sale of his shares and also m per year on the 'loans' if that turns out to be true.  And all we got in return was a visit from Rocky.

Would still have done better investing in the London property market plus he hasn't taken a penny in salary or expenses in 16 years.

March 03, 2016, 05:52:39 PM
Reply #11

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure they are too concerned about what you think about them !

March 09, 2016, 04:35:05 AM
Reply #12

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Was getting slightly concerned at the lack of news, the Everton way!

It was barely a week from his buying the shares to the Premiership approving it, what are you moaning about "it's the Everton way " ?