0 (0%)
Stones (Sub)
1 (1.9%)
Baines (Sub)
0 (0%)
Niasse (Sub)
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Everton  (Read 29632 times)

March 01, 2016, 07:36:15 PM
Reply #30

Bluedylan

Problem is we've been saying this since about the tenth game of the season and haven't shown much sign of putting together a decent, undefeated run.

True, but it's still there to be done. I'm not saying we will, but we still could.

I'm hoping that Moshiri coming in, and the additional spotlight on Martinez, forces him to be pragmatic for the rest of the season, because he realises he needs to start delivering results. 
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 01, 2016, 07:41:55 PM
Reply #31

Gash

Global Moderator
True, but it's still there to be done. I'm not saying we will, but we still could.

I'm hoping that Moshiri coming in, and the additional spotlight on Martinez, forces him to be pragmatic for the rest of the season, because he realises he needs to start delivering results. 

Hopefully but I don't honestly see changes in the boardroom giving us an uplift in performance on the pitch. Martinez might do his annual end of season "tighten things up" but I don't think over the long term he's going to change much. I don't think he feels any great pressure to deliver results as he's on some long term mission and thinks he has all the time in the world to get it right.

March 01, 2016, 07:48:57 PM
Reply #32

Bluedylan

Hopefully but I don't honestly see changes in the boardroom giving us an uplift in performance on the pitch. Martinez might do his annual end of season "tighten things up" but I don't think over the long term he's going to change much. I don't think he feels any great pressure to deliver results as he's on some long term mission and thinks he has all the time in the world to get it right.

And we're all guessing at the moment really.

Just going off the letter that Moshiri (and Usmanov) wrote to the Arsenal supporters, and listening to one or two Arsenal fans talk about him, I think he's going to be a bit more ruthless and results orientated than we've been used to.

I know BK is still around, but this guy is effectively the owner now, and it's his money. He wasn't willing to accept Arsenal just getting 4th every season and that's why a lot of Arsenal fans wanted him and Usmanov to take over.

I personally think, after an initial assessment period, he'll want to bring some of his own people in and that the pressure on people all over the club to achieve will increase, which in my view, can only be a good thing. I think you're underestimating the level of his ambition.

March 01, 2016, 08:03:47 PM
Reply #33

blob

March 01, 2016, 08:05:56 PM
Reply #34

arteta4spain

And we're all guessing at the moment really.

Just going off the letter that Moshiri (and Usmanov) wrote to the Arsenal supporters, and listening to one or two Arsenal fans talk about him, I think he's going to be a bit more ruthless and results orientated than we've been used to.

I know BK is still around, but this guy is effectively the owner now, and it's his money. He wasn't willing to accept Arsenal just getting 4th every season and that's why a lot of Arsenal fans wanted him and Usmanov to take over.

I personally think, after an initial assessment period, he'll want to bring some of his own people in and that the pressure on people all over the club to achieve will increase, which in my view, can only be a good thing. I think you're underestimating the level of his ambition.

Very true. I think that Moshiri's appointment will give pressure on Roberto and the players. And especially the former. He might possibly give incentives for finishing a certain position and that might spur the players and Roberto on to be as good as they can be in the remaining games.
I'm not saying I want him to be telling Roberto how to manage the team but he needs to be letting him know what the targets should be for the remaining of the season and beyond. I'm assuming he's hinted at this already and Kenwright is aware too.
We can't pussyfoot around anymore and just be content with what we've got now. Just look at our motto for Christ sake!
But I hope we start seeing a brand of football in the coming weeks that gets us up towards the Europa placings as I think that should be a MINIMUM requirement now and I think Moshiri will be ruthless and not stand for any "second season" syndrome performances.
Roberto, it's over to you. I give him until Nov next season.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 08:07:16 PM by arteta4spain »

March 01, 2016, 08:13:02 PM
Reply #35

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

I suppose whenever the conversations take place re new money (for whatever purposes) that timelines, or deadlines, will be included.

Previously we've always had (justifiable for many years) excuses for the length of time it can take to get anywhere.

RM has acknowledged that whatever Moshiri is bringing is likely to mean the end date for any plans can be brought forward. That in itself is a pressure.

And we know he tends to be more pragmatic when there is pressure.

But I agree with you that if I had to bet on whether he'll significantly change, I'd go for no.

March 01, 2016, 08:14:38 PM
Reply #36

ihatecollina

C'mon Everton...... these are shite!!!!
The bird in the pink is back.....

March 01, 2016, 08:16:21 PM
Reply #37

Gash

Global Moderator
I think you're underestimating the level of his ambition.

Not at all, I'm questioning whether Martinez will react to the pressure or just carry on as he is thinking it's all fine margins and everything is coming together nicely, which it isn't.

March 01, 2016, 08:20:53 PM
Reply #38

Bluedylan

Not at all, I'm questioning whether Martinez will react to the pressure or just carry on as he is thinking it's all fine margins and everything is coming together nicely, which it isn't.

Ah ok, misunderstood a bit. Your comment was more about Martinez than Moshiri?

Either way that's good then. If he reacts and it's a fundamental change to his outlook, sound, and if he doesn't, he'll should be out the door much quicker than would've been the case under BK.

If Martinez just drifts along with the same 'we're working towards becoming a good side' nonsense, he'll only have himself to blame if he gets the bullet and doesn't get a job on the same level again.

March 01, 2016, 08:26:10 PM
Reply #39

Shogun

Administrator
I wonder whether this will be the last time this is the most played league fixture in English football?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 01, 2016, 08:38:43 PM
Reply #40

blob

I wonder whether this will be the last time this is the most played league fixture in English football?

bit dramatic, shogs.

they'll be back, one day, unfortunately...

(or do you have a cunning plan? :))

March 01, 2016, 08:40:42 PM
Reply #41

Shogun

Administrator
bit dramatic, shogs.

they'll be back, one day, unfortunately...

(or do you have a cunning plan? :))

Depends how soon they're back, blob.

I think the derby is only 6 or so behind.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 01, 2016, 08:42:32 PM
Reply #42

blob

Depends how soon they're back, blob.

I think the derby is only 6 or so behind.

conveniently forgot that   :bonk:

March 01, 2016, 08:51:47 PM
Reply #43

Danny

We'll fuck these, I honestly think a corner has been turned and the WBA game was just a blip, on another day we'd have got the few we need and Pulis has always been a thorn in our side.

March 01, 2016, 10:35:33 PM
Reply #44

MmmBlueRamirez

Has anyone hated on Agbonlahor yet? Such a moustachioed twat nowadays.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama