November 22, 2017, 05:11:20 AM

Author Topic: Everton v West Ham United  (Read 41779 times)

March 04, 2016, 06:07:59 AM
Read 41779 times

Shogun

Administrator

Everton v West Ham United
Goodison Park
Saturday 5th March 15:00
Premier League Match #28

Everton's last 5 matches

Everton 3-0 Newcastle United (Lennon, Barkley Pen x2)
Stoke City 0-3 Everton (Lukaku Pen, Coleman, Lennon)
Everton 0-1 West Brom
Bournemouth 0-2 Everton - FA Cup (Barkley, Lukaku)
Aston Villa 1-3 Everton (Funes Mori, Lennon, Lukaku)

West Ham's last 5 matches

Southampton 1-0 West Ham
Norwich 2-2 West Ham (Payet, Noble)
Blackburn 1-5 West Ham - FA Cup (Moses, Payet x2, Emenike x2)
West Ham 1-0 Sunderland (Antonio)
West Ham 1-0 Tottenham (Antonio)

Everton

Albeit with an underwhelming performance, Everton pushed Aston Villa even closer to their inevitable relegation during a midweek fixture which saw Everton improve on their already impressive away form this season, with a 3-1 victory at Villa Park. However, Everton have lost six times in the Premier League at home this season and they have won just four of their last 16 league fixtures at Goodison Park (D4, L8). West Ham are the visitors this weekend and Everton have beaten the Hammers 22 times since the Premier League started which is more than they've beaten any other side whilst the Toffees are unbeaten in their last 15 league matches against West Ham (W10, D5) and have scored in each of those matches as well. Romelu Lukaku notched his season tally up to 17 league goals in his last match and that equals his previous best in the Premier League whilst on loan at West Brom. The Belgian has scored a single goal in all seven of his appearances for Everton against West Ham.

Aaron Lennon and Mikhail Antonio have been in the sort of form over recent months which has led to murmurs of an England call-up in some quarters, with Lennon scoring four goals in six league matches since the turn of the year and Antonio scoring five goals and two assists in 11 league matches since Boxing Day. Lennon has scored in 31 Premier League matches during his career and he has never been on the losing side in any of those matches (W27, D4). Despite trailing on the goals and assists, It's actually the Everton man who leads in most of the attacking statistics with significantly better figures as far as dribbling is concerned whilst all nine of his shots in league fixtures have found the target. Despite being his lack of an assist, Lennon also creates a much higher amount chances than his West Ham counterpart. West Ham have won their last two fixtures with a 1-0 scoreline, both goals being scored by Antonio.

Possible Line-Ups

West Ham United

West Ham are certainly flying high this season and after putting an end to Tottenham's six league match winning streak with a 1-0 win at Upton Park in midweek, they are just one point off the Champions League places going into this weekend. West Ham started the season with some eye-catching wins against Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City away from home but the Hammers have won just one of their last nine Premier League away fixtures (D4 L4) which came in a 3-1 victory at Bournemouth. West Ham infamously have pretty poor record on Merseyside as they have won just three of their last 39 visits at Everton and Liverpool (D10, L26), though they did beat Liverpool 3-0 earlier this season, their first win at Anfield since 1963. It has only been 11 years since West Ham last tasted victory at Goodison Park and the Hammers have taken the lead in their last four meetings against Everton without winning the match outright (D3, L1), though they did go on to win on penalties in one of those instances.

West Ham sit 6th in the league table as we go into this fixture and Slaven Bilic's side have picked up seven more points than they had amounted at this stage of last season under Sam Allardyce, that is despite not much of a significant difference in terms of goals scored or goals conceded. There isn't much difference in the way of chances created either whilst the percentage of shots on target has actually taken a dip, though there's no way of knowing the quality of chances that are being created. The main difference probably comes in the possession stakes as although there's just a 3% swing in it, only Crystal Palace saw less of the ball at this stage of last season and West Ham also boast a better pass completion percentage this season (2% higher at 78%). One thing which looks certain to happen this season is that Bilic's side will finish with a positive goal difference which is an achievement as the Hammers have failed to end any of their previous Premier League campaigns with that feat.

Statistics & Injuries

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 04, 2016, 06:09:58 AM
Reply #1

Klown-Shoes

Firstly, great effort great stats.

Theres only one stat that counts though, we paid Bilic off for injury from his contract to the tune of a cool million pounds, he signed for another side 24 hours later.
Critics often suggest players dive like they've been hit by a snipers bullet, well, if for once a sniper is at a game, let it be this one and whoever has Bilic's goggle eyed bonce square in his/her sights.

Payet can play a bit of ball, and they can head the ball clear in a fairly large fat sam back line, where we can get at them is pace and exquisite snidery. Dont give them the lead as they'll shore it up and we'll blow ourselves out with poor aerial balls at a back line that'll laugh at our side of midgets, we need to stretch the backs and pull the ball back from the bylines and have those crosses/passbacks attacked. Attacked with properly toxic venom.

I don't want the free stadium scrounging poor relations of london getting any more free rides, crucify this bunch of crying upstarts like the faux invincibles they have styled themselves as. Properly rough for all of 95 minutes.

Edit: more to come when i've read it  :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 06:22:48 AM by L4Everton »

March 04, 2016, 06:19:03 AM
Reply #2

Shogun

Administrator
Firstly

Edit: more to come when i've read it  :)

You're not meant to read it ffs.

March 04, 2016, 06:24:52 AM
Reply #3

Klown-Shoes

You're not meant to read it ffs.

Its my number amnesia (less tasteful joke ruled out) kicking in, speaking of which has Payet reovered from earlier this season. Theres a couple of hot heads Mirallas can get at this game, lets pummel a 9 man side and really pull their pants down. Beat em blue and bluer blues!!!

March 04, 2016, 06:28:48 AM
Reply #4

Shogun

Administrator
Its my number amnesia (less tasteful joke ruled out) kicking in, speaking of which has Payet reovered from earlier this season. Theres a couple of hot heads Mirallas can get at this game, lets pummel a 9 man side and really pull their pants down. Beat em blue and bluer blues!!!

I think they're over that McCarthy tackle now...

http://kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=162751&sid=9a3e6e1c7d6d9b97b7a7774dc4ea9e58

March 04, 2016, 06:31:29 AM
Reply #5

Klown-Shoes

I think they're over that McCarthy tackle now...

http://kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=162751&sid=9a3e6e1c7d6d9b97b7a7774dc4ea9e58

Bless that bunch of flowers. Is that a wrought iron forum, not enough carbon involved to harden them up. Lemons!

March 04, 2016, 06:36:59 AM
Reply #6

Bluedylan

I know I've just had a little dig at Byram, and I dunno if he'll play, but I hope we don't boo him. That'd be so small time.

Interesting formation, Shogs. I saw the 3 at the back against Spurs. Have they been doing that regularly?
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 04, 2016, 06:43:13 AM
Reply #7

Klown-Shoes

I know I've just had a little dig at Byram, and I dunno if he'll play, but I hope we don't boo him. That'd be so small time.

Interesting formation, Shogs. I saw the 3 at the back against Spurs. Have they been doing that regularly?

They threw a martinez wigan back three for a first time vs spurs. although oxford has been utilized as a dm once or twice.

March 04, 2016, 06:47:04 AM
Reply #8

kramer0

I hope we do this to them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk2E1CoGe98

Byram is suspended (I think) but I would have loved to see him 1 v. 1 with Deulofeu.

Would like to see Besic harass Payet for 90' but not expecting him to play.

And, as always, Mark Noble is a cunt.

March 04, 2016, 07:00:26 AM
Reply #9

Bluedylan

I hope we do this to them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk2E1CoGe98

Byram is suspended (I think) but I would have loved to see him 1 v. 1 with Deulofeu.

Would like to see Besic harass Payet for 90' but not expecting him to play.

And, as always, Mark Noble is a cunt.

I really, really rate Mark Noble.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 04, 2016, 07:04:39 AM
Reply #10

kramer0

I really, really rate Mark Noble.

He's a good player, but he's constantly in the ref's ear trying to get players booked like he's fucking Yaya Toure. Can't stand him.

March 04, 2016, 07:08:08 AM
Reply #11

Klown-Shoes

He's a good player, but he's constantly in the ref's ear trying to get players booked like he's fucking Yaya Toure. Can't stand him.

Kind, at least his babies are his.

March 04, 2016, 07:44:36 AM
Reply #12

Thornton_19

Funny reading that West Ham forum, I fucking wish we were a dirty side, might win a few more games at home. We are too nice and passive when the opposition have the ball, and even more so by letting referees get away with murder.

March 04, 2016, 02:38:31 PM
Reply #13

Macca77

I expect a home win

March 04, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Reply #14

TheTone

I really fancy us to smash these , the media bigging them up all week so be nice to have them crash back down to earth

even sweeter if it means shutting that nobhead Russell Brand up, erm, for 30 seconds at least like