November 18, 2017, 02:25:00 PM

Author Topic: Everton v West Ham United  (Read 41526 times)

March 04, 2016, 08:39:34 PM
Reply #30

starblood

One of the Leagues form sides and a difficult game . Without mentioning the home crowd we need to be up for this as much as we would United or Arsenal . Think we can just scrape this .

The home crowd react to what they're seeing on the pitch (and sidelines). Simple as that!

March 04, 2016, 09:14:37 PM
Reply #31

Evertonian in NC

I think the home crowd is gonna be energized for Moshiri.  REALLY hope there can be a formal introduction tomorrow, would give us a huge emotional life.  The Great Persian Hope!

/also if someone would ask his niece if she likes reclusive, strange Americans who read and listen to depressing alternative rock all day, would be much appreciated
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 04, 2016, 09:24:47 PM
Reply #32

Alanvideo

I think the home crowd is gonna be energized for Moshiri.  REALLY hope there can be a formal introduction tomorrow, would give us a huge emotional life.  The Great Persian Hope!

/also if someone would ask his niece if she likes reclusive, strange Americans who read and listen to depressing alternative rock all day, would be much appreciated
..........he's not coming tomorrow according to RM ,it's going to be Chelsea or Arsenal. My money is on the Arsenal game so he can get a lift with them. heard he's a bit of cheapskate. :snigger:
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 04, 2016, 09:34:39 PM
Reply #33

Bluedylan

He needs to get ratified by the Prem first. Not even Everton would parade a new owner/investor before the guy has officially been passed by the authorities.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 04, 2016, 09:37:34 PM
Reply #34

Evertonian in NC

He needs to get ratified by the Prem first. Not even Everton would parade a new owner/investor before the guy has officially been passed by the authorities.

Yeah, I was hoping that would come through in time.  Serves me right, hope in one hand, shit in the other, see which gets full first...
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 04, 2016, 10:19:09 PM
Reply #35

Fynci

Big game for us, but looking at the bigger picture it is probably an even bigger game for Martinez. If this season stutters into nothingness, which is likely if we fall 9 points behind the likes of West Ham, then I think it will make Moshiri's first big decision a lot easier.
Cool + 380
Tool - 0

March 04, 2016, 10:48:51 PM
Reply #36

Bluedylan

Big game for us, but looking at the bigger picture it is probably an even bigger game for Martinez. If this season stutters into nothingness, which is likely if we fall 9 points behind the likes of West Ham, then I think it will make Moshiri's first big decision a lot easier.

I think it's highly unlikely that he'll bin Martinez off at the end of the season, even if we drift into mid-table nothingness. Kenwright's still on the board remember, I doubt Moshiri will want to be the man who comes straight in and sacks someone, and Martinez is already talking regularly about having money to spend in the summer and who he's going to buy.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 04, 2016, 10:59:21 PM
Reply #37

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
great day of football tomorrow, hopefully we win, will be a massive win if we do and put us in a good position for the remaining games
I have to return some videotapes.

March 04, 2016, 11:18:46 PM
Reply #38

Alanvideo

3 home games in 3 weeks against 3 London teams and all at different ko times . Good news for local businesses .
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 05, 2016, 12:05:35 AM
Reply #39

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Why would we parade him anyway?

He's not a player, or a manager. Major shareholders don't get paraded.

Stop with these silly shouts please.

March 05, 2016, 12:33:46 AM
Reply #40

Klown-Shoes

Why would we parade him anyway?

He's not a player, or a manager. Major shareholders don't get paraded.

Stop with these silly shouts please.

So wheres stallone fit in?

March 05, 2016, 02:51:17 AM
Reply #41

Fynci

So wheres stallone fit in?

The deal must have fallen through...

Cool + 380
Tool - 0

March 05, 2016, 03:02:23 AM
Reply #42

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Is there anyway you can use the photo of Lennon's face on the pic Shogun used for the Lennon face
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 03:02:44 AM by Confucius »
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 05, 2016, 03:02:46 AM
Reply #43

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I think it's highly unlikely that he'll bin Martinez off at the end of the season, even if we drift into mid-table nothingness. Kenwright's still on the board remember, I doubt Moshiri will want to be the man who comes straight in and sacks someone, and Martinez is already talking regularly about having money to spend in the summer and who he's going to buy.

Not meant as an attack on you BD, but I really don't get how you seem so certain about what Moshiri may or may not do. We really have no idea what is approach will be, he's never had this level of influence at a club.

On the one hand you're saying he's a savvy businessmen, he'll take the club forward in the exact right way, he's the perfect investor. But on the other hand you're saying he's not going to spot and act on what 90% of the fanbase have known for months, that Martinez isn't good enough (notwithstanding the recent results against some shite teams aside).

If he is as intelligent and good a businessman as you say he is (and there's every reason to think he is), then he'll also know that in business you need results, in business you need to be ruthless, and in business you need to listen to your customers. In other words, he'd be thinking very fucking hard about whether Martinez should be in charge next season.

March 05, 2016, 03:13:15 AM
Reply #44

Klown-Shoes

The deal must have fallen through...

You mean the floor of the swimming pool?