November 20, 2017, 12:10:00 AM

Author Topic: Everton v West Ham United  (Read 41640 times)

March 05, 2016, 03:27:11 AM
Reply #45

Bluedylan

Not meant as an attack on you BD, but I really don't get how you seem so certain about what Moshiri may or may not do. We really have no idea what is approach will be, he's never had this level of influence at a club.

On the one hand you're saying he's a savvy businessmen, he'll take the club forward in the exact right way, he's the perfect investor. But on the other hand you're saying he's not going to spot and act on what 90% of the fanbase have known for months, that Martinez isn't good enough (notwithstanding the recent results against some shite teams aside).

If he is as intelligent and good a businessman as you say he is (and there's every reason to think he is), then he'll also know that in business you need results, in business you need to be ruthless, and in business you need to listen to your customers. In other words, he'd be thinking very fucking hard about whether Martinez should be in charge next season.

No worries mate. Any comments welcome.

I'm not certain about anything. It's just personal opinions based on what I've read, what I've watched and then interpreting from there, which is why I started the comment with 'I think'.

Because Moshiri doesn't have full control of the club yet, and the way the deal has been done has been specifically to keep BK on board and to keep the soul of the club in tact, I'm intuiting that I don't think he will ruffle too many feathers too soon.

Even more significantly (in my view), the fact that Martinez has met him and was beaming from ear to ear in the couple of press conferences that he's done this week, talking about how much extra money he'll have to spend in the summer and planning for summer transfers, leads me to intuit that there's not going to be any appetite for a sacking in the short term.

More than welcome to disagree, mate.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 05, 2016, 03:56:24 AM
Reply #46

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah that's fair. For me I don't read too much into Martinez' comments - and not because it's Martinez saying them (which would be grounds alone to disregard the content) but because you simply wouldn't expect an intelligent businessman to come on board and do anything other than be perfectly nice to everyone he meets, from Roberto to the groundsman, and to not give off the slightest whiff that anyone's jobs are about to be lost.

His background is in business and he'll do what all incoming leaders do: come in, get the lay of the land, do his analysis of the situation, and make some decisions off the back of that. That process may take a couple months, it may take more. For me it lines up pretty nicely with the end of the season.

I personally wouldn't read much into him apparently offering Martinez his initial support or providing assurances about future funds. He's done exactly what you'd expect him to do regardless of how he may feel about the manager. If he'd come in and was already swinging his axe and putting people on edge, we'd have a much bigger issue on our hands.

Honestly, if we finish 9th or worse, I'd probably be surprised (and frankly disappointed) if he wasn't showing Martinez the door.

March 05, 2016, 04:17:58 AM
Reply #47

Bluedylan

Yeah that's fair. For me I don't read too much into Martinez' comments - and not because it's Martinez saying them (which would be grounds alone to disregard the content) but because you simply wouldn't expect an intelligent businessman to come on board and do anything other than be perfectly nice to everyone he meets, from Roberto to the groundsman, and to not give off the slightest whiff that anyone's jobs are about to be lost.

His background is in business and he'll do what all incoming leaders do: come in, get the lay of the land, do his analysis of the situation, and make some decisions off the back of that. That process may take a couple months, it may take more. For me it lines up pretty nicely with the end of the season.

I personally wouldn't read much into him apparently offering Martinez his initial support or providing assurances about future funds. He's done exactly what you'd expect him to do regardless of how he may feel about the manager. If he'd come in and was already swinging his axe and putting people on edge, we'd have a much bigger issue on our hands.

Honestly, if we finish 9th or worse, I'd probably be surprised (and frankly disappointed) if he wasn't showing Martinez the door.

Fair enough mate. I think you're going to be severely disappointed if you're expecting a sacking in the summer. Time will tell.

March 05, 2016, 04:26:11 AM
Reply #48

Toddacelli

I agree with @Bluedylan on this one.

I don't think he'll start rocking the boat until he's really got himself under the skin of EFC and understands all the different aspects.

It's a complex picture and I expect him to be cautious - but it's based on no other reason than that is how I would play it in his shoes.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 05, 2016, 04:46:05 AM
Reply #49

howard1334

Fair enough mate. I think you're going to be severely disappointed if you're expecting a sacking in the summer. Time will tell.

Results will matter to close out the season. If we continue playing solidly at the back and finish in top 7 or 8 then Martinez stays. Otherwise, I think there is a possibility of him leaving.

March 05, 2016, 05:05:08 AM
Reply #50

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Just cannot, under any circumstances see Everton winning here.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 05, 2016, 05:50:12 AM
Reply #51

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Results will matter to close out the season. If we continue playing solidly at the back and finish in top 7 or 8 then Martinez stays. Otherwise, I think there is a possibility of him leaving.

Exactly. Pressure is off at the minute given we've won a few. It's a fragile peace though and even a bad result tomorrow and the mood could change a lot.

March 05, 2016, 06:59:37 AM
Reply #52

Klown-Shoes

I remember when we were a poor side devoid of very much at all, and west ham were sporting a whole generation of the next greatest all singing and dancing players that were going to take england by storm.

We fuckin whopped em 5 nil.

In some of our darkest modern days we've utterly stuffed this bunch, it's been hilarious.

Glenn Roeder
Harry Redknapp
the Fat Sam
Slav Bilic

what a bunch of chancers, what a bunch of unwashed plebs, what a bunch of ultramaroons, the worst form of buffoons. west ham history - i've eaten more consequential breakfasts. Napoleon syndrome bellends to a man most perfectly summed up by superfan and all round fuck head russel brand.

guillotine asap.

March 05, 2016, 01:33:59 PM
Reply #53

ally2

I'm not optimistic about this one. West Ham are a soft club for sure but I think they are simply better than us at the moment and this season has shown that we only beat shite teams.

March 05, 2016, 01:40:11 PM
Reply #54

whirlwind82

I always get the feeling lukaku struggles a bit against big strong shit house center backs. Now that the eptimone of that in James Collins is out for this, I'm backing him to bag a trick in a three nil stroll. My dislike for these pricks is borderline Liverpool levels.

March 05, 2016, 01:45:36 PM
Reply #55

jennifermatt

Lukaku may hattrick in this game

March 05, 2016, 03:27:14 PM
Reply #56

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
God I hate Wham and their cockney fans.

Think it'll be a draw today.

March 05, 2016, 07:07:59 PM
Reply #57

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

March 05, 2016, 07:09:27 PM
Reply #58

Bluedylan

What could that mean? Howard?

March 05, 2016, 07:10:08 PM
Reply #59

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Just about to post that myself.

Please not Howard. I will kill a toddler if so.