November 20, 2017, 02:05:59 AM

Author Topic: Transfer Speculation 2016  (Read 543542 times)

March 27, 2016, 06:40:55 PM
Reply #30

di_guyo

It's a no to Carrick from me, due to injuries and age. However, he is still a big upgrade on McCarthy. I just think that we should be aiming a bit higher - players in their prime.
Everton & Atleti

March 27, 2016, 06:42:14 PM
Reply #31

gwells

Carrick is past it unfortunately, so are Pienaar, Hibbert, Osman, Howard, McGeadie, the other Irish guy we got from United whose name i can't remember because he hardly is ever fit to play. Add to the fact that Lukaku wants to play champions League [so that leaves Chelsea and United out]. and Stones will likely go and I think Barry will play in the USA it leaves at least 8 players to fill the vacancies. Now we have some good youngsters coming through but we will need 5 or 6 top class recruits in the summer...and maybe a Manager perhaps big Dunc with an experienced coach with PL or top European experience as a mentor/assistant. Just my thoughts..
Wellzee

March 27, 2016, 06:46:55 PM
Reply #32

Hawkandro

We had scouts at the Anderlecht-Shaktar game a few weeks back apparently; looking at Tielemans, Praet and Bernard. Would take all 3 if we aren't back in for Yarmolenko.

Not feeling the GK's we have been linked to so far; Cillesen and Heaton. Would hope we would be looking at better to be honest. Hope they are the usual misdirected targets whilst we wrap up a surprise GK.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

March 27, 2016, 07:07:30 PM
Reply #33

Lxxx

I reckon Carrick would be a perfect signing for Spurs to be honest. They have lots of youth, tonnes of energy and not a lot of experience to go with it.

March 27, 2016, 07:08:12 PM
Reply #34

BlueBeagle

We had scouts at the Anderlecht-Shaktar game a few weeks back apparently; looking at Tielemans, Praet and Bernard.

Not having a dig at you but how can anyone other than a very, very select few at Finch Farm know what game our scouts are it and which specific players are being scouted?

March 27, 2016, 07:21:44 PM
Reply #35

Hawkandro

I think it was on Twitter, or in here. Just repeating what they said.

The Sunday Times have an article today saying City will be putting Kompany, Toure, Nasri, Bony, Mangala and Kolarov on the transfer list in the summer. Think we would be a distinct possibility for Bony if we sold Lukaku. Would love to bring Nasri and Kompany in too, but you have to think they would both be off to a CL team, unless Kompany's injury is worse than feared.

Suppose it all depends how much we have to spend.

March 27, 2016, 07:21:59 PM
Reply #36

Shogun

Administrator
I reckon Carrick would be a perfect signing for Spurs to be honest. They have lots of youth, tonnes of energy and not a lot of experience to go with it.

Reminds me of Redknapp signing Saha and Ryan Nelson when they capitulated.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 27, 2016, 07:24:40 PM
Reply #37

Hawkandro

If you could get a full season or two out of Carrick, he would be great replacement for Barry, whilst allowing Ledson and Walsh to learn from him in training etc. The worry is how many games you would get out of him. Has he not been quite injury prone these last 12 months? Or am I thinking it is worse than it actually is?

March 27, 2016, 07:25:23 PM
Reply #38

hill135

Has the potential to get a bit Football Manager in here.

Then again I fucking love Football Manager.

March 27, 2016, 07:31:18 PM
Reply #39

Lxxx

Reminds me of Redknapp signing Saha and Ryan Nelson when they capitulated.

They were two fuckin awful signings because they were two shite players. Carrick isn't in the same league as those two, he could easily do a job as an experienced head in a dressing room and good for a decent amount of games a season as and when needed.

March 27, 2016, 07:55:52 PM
Reply #40

arteta4spain

Can see this thread way surpassing the infamous N'Zogbia thread. I think that whoevers managing the team come the opening of the transfer window will have a major recruitment to do.
There's no assurance that Baines will be fit. Fingers crossed he is but he's one of a few who in a few seasons will need replacing. The turnover in players especially if we have a lot of money to spend could hamper our ambition is we don't gel soon. It's all a waiting game depending how much we spend and who gets to spend it.
Let's look at the first XI:

.......... GK
Most obvious and crucial in getting right, Howard gone and Joel despite getting better isn't a first choice option. We need someone youngish, experienced and the defence have faith in. The hardest and most pressing position to fill.

Coleman ....... Jags Baines
That's the best it CAN be if we can get a decent CB who can partner Jags IF Stones goes. But I can see us having to replace Jags and Baines in a few seasons. As for the here and now it's hard to judge as will Baines be fit? Will Stones go? Do we need to get a new back four as Coleman has not been great this season. Which asks the question. A change of manager might save us money

Del Barkley Barry Besic ......
Pienaar will be gone along with Mirallas if things are to be believed. Gibson won't get a look in. Maybe Ledson or other periphery players will get a chance but we need to have someone again experienced. There's Tarashaj to come back too. For me McCarthy has to go which is why he wasn't included. Replacing him and eventually Barry.
Well this is the big one isn't it. Will Rom be here or not? The rumour mill is that, rumours so nothing concrete and I'd love the press to ask Robertos stance on this. Unfortunately I don't think Roberto has a leg to stand on with Rom. IF he was underperforming and not banging the goals in then we and Roberto would have a case of well, you want champ league you need to prove it but he has backed it up this season and Robertos left with egg on his face.

This XI could be what were left with if Robertos still in charge next season. Stones wanted to go and didn't. But if he's still feeling ostrisied with not playing much hell want to go. Same with Mirallas he'll be off with the limited game time.

Some major rebuilding over the next few seasons. The fans need to see that if we're bankrolled we need to be realistic with how far we can go. I'd aim the same, top four. Title talk would be ludicrous!

March 27, 2016, 08:07:31 PM
Reply #41

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I was thinking yesterday that next years Everton is going to look very different.

Howard, Stones, Pienaar, McGeady, Gibson, Mirallas, Barry maybe, Rom...all potentially out, with jags and baines another year older.

Not to mention barkley and deulofeu who could just as easily be targets like.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 27, 2016, 09:01:25 PM
Reply #42

MmmBlueRamirez

Carrick? No, not for me. We should be batting with Utd to get the next Carrick instead of having their cast off.

NSNO and all that.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

March 27, 2016, 09:05:52 PM
Reply #43

Lxxx

Carrick? No, not for me. We should be batting with Utd to get the next Carrick instead of having their cast off.

NSNO and all that.

In your dreams mate. They might having a pretty average run at the minute but they're still in the top 3 clubs in the world and can drop 60m for a young, unproven striker with potential.

March 27, 2016, 10:37:48 PM
Reply #44

kramer0

I would prefer our search for a new midfielder target someone younger but still in/around his prime. Some names I've thrown out before:

Cristoph Kramer (http://www.hilltop-analytics.com/football/find-me-a-player-like-andres-iniesta/ > Everton > Gareth Barry)
Etienne Capoue (see: Kramer, harder to sign given his recent move to Watford)
Milan Badelj (a long time favorite of mine)
Marko Vejinovic (http://www.benefoot.net/in-the-mould-of-matic-magic-marko-vejinovic-can-go-a-long-way/)
Morgan Schneiderlin (see: Kramer / Capoue, way less likely that those two)

Youri Tielemans is very young and should be in demand (I can see a club like Juventus making a move for him) but he has the profile of a world class midfielder and we'd be foolish not to ask about him.