November 25, 2017, 11:54:03 AM

Author Topic: Transfer Speculation 2016  (Read 546204 times)

March 27, 2016, 10:48:01 PM
Reply #45

Hawkandro

http://readeverton.com/2016/03/27/got-milik-everton-interested-ajax-hitman/

Not really seen Milik play; anyone?
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

March 27, 2016, 11:09:26 PM
Reply #46

kramer0

http://readeverton.com/2016/03/27/got-milik-everton-interested-ajax-hitman/

Not really seen Milik play; anyone?

I've only seen him a little bit but he looks like a big talent. Maybe not Embolo / Batshuayi talented but definitely one to keep an eye on (and the sort of player I like Everton being linked with).

March 27, 2016, 11:18:28 PM
Reply #47

Danny

The only way we'll get anyone like Embolo or Tielemans is if we offer them first team football immediately and about 80k a week, could work but could be a huge flop.

March 27, 2016, 11:21:07 PM
Reply #48

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Weren't we linked with Tielemans last year?
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

March 28, 2016, 12:08:12 AM
Reply #49

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'd bite your hand off for schneiderlin, but he's not moved long ago and has his sights set higher than us I'm sure.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 28, 2016, 12:50:18 AM
Reply #50

Hawkandro

@thefootballcafe have tweeted that we are planning to hold talks with Pellegrini in the coming weeks.

Don't follow them myself, was RTd in my timeline. Probably bollocks.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

March 28, 2016, 01:13:51 AM
Reply #51

Bluedylan

I'd love Pellegrini. He's exactly the sort of pro-active, think on your feet kind of manager that would take us forward. He does an incredible amount of work on preparing for the opposition every week, and that's reflected in the numerous different formations and tactics that he comes up with. He leaves no stone unturned. Also, he's very young and dynamic, so he would bring the sort of energy we need to drive us forward as a club.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 28, 2016, 01:33:50 AM
Reply #52

Jay

Pellegrini is in his 60s isn't he?

March 28, 2016, 01:38:59 AM
Reply #53

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
I know I'll be slated but would Benteke be worth a punt? I know he plays for the dark side and has done fuck all but e does know where the back of the net is and maybe is just not suited to them.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

March 28, 2016, 01:47:12 AM
Reply #54

74Blue

I know I'll be slated but would Benteke be worth a punt? I know he plays for the dark side and has done fuck all but e does know where the back of the net is and maybe is just not suited to them.
I've actually thought that Benteke is more of an Everton type number 9 than Lukaku. He's decent in the air, but the problem he will always have seems to be his attitude. When he's in the mood, he's decent. When he can't be arsed, you might as well be playing with 10 men. For the right sort of money though, I'd probably take a punt.

March 28, 2016, 01:50:12 AM
Reply #55

hill135

I'd love Pellegrini. He's exactly the sort of pro-active, think on your feet kind of manager that would take us forward. He does an incredible amount of work on preparing for the opposition every week, and that's reflected in the numerous different formations and tactics that he comes up with. He leaves no stone unturned. Also, he's very young and dynamic, so he would bring the sort of energy we need to drive us forward as a club.

HIs approach seems to have worked well for him throughout his esteemed career.

March 28, 2016, 01:51:47 AM
Reply #56

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Is this city's pellegrini? Young and dynamic? Proactive? Changes his formation for the opposition?

Maybe I'm being dense here but I feel like I've never heard anyone speaking about him like that. In fact that sounds like he complete opposite impression I have gotten about him.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 28, 2016, 01:55:12 AM
Reply #57

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Is it now time for Joao Moutinho to join the Toffees. Still only 29
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

March 28, 2016, 01:56:29 AM
Reply #58

hill135

Is this city's pellegrini? Young and dynamic? Proactive? Changes his formation for the opposition?

Maybe I'm being dense here but I feel like I've never heard anyone speaking about him like that. In fact that sounds like he complete opposite impression I have gotten about him.

He was being sarcastic.

BD's got it in for Pellegrini.

March 28, 2016, 02:01:27 AM
Reply #59

Lxxx

I would prefer our search for a new midfielder target someone younger but still in/around his prime. Some names I've thrown out before:

Cristoph Kramer (http://www.hilltop-analytics.com/football/find-me-a-player-like-andres-iniesta/ > Everton > Gareth Barry)
Etienne Capoue (see: Kramer, harder to sign given his recent move to Watford)
Milan Badelj (a long time favorite of mine)
Marko Vejinovic (http://www.benefoot.net/in-the-mould-of-matic-magic-marko-vejinovic-can-go-a-long-way/)
Morgan Schneiderlin (see: Kramer / Capoue, way less likely that those two)

Youri Tielemans is very young and should be in demand (I can see a club like Juventus making a move for him) but he has the profile of a world class midfielder and we'd be foolish not to ask about him.
Ditch Football Manager for a while mate.