November 18, 2017, 10:24:32 AM

Author Topic: Watford v Everton  (Read 31381 times)

April 09, 2016, 05:59:20 AM
Reply #45

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Just to be clear. I'm not saying I'd like it to happen.

I'm just getting that feeling that we might see some players just going through the motions tomorrow.

Would be a real defining moment for me if I ever believed that to be the case.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 09, 2016, 12:45:27 PM
Reply #46

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think the last 4 matches have shown this; maybe not in such a blatant manner.

The sending off gave us something to hold on to and we defended really well for, erm 78, mins.

Then the poor sub didn't help to prevent the melt down and that must have taken its toll on player morale; especially if it was low with regards to the manager's ideas etc.

Then the 1/4 final was a big game (with a chance to lead to personal glory), good atmosphere etc so the performance was more intense still.

The following games where there's no real personal glory and, perhaps the thought of "it doesn't matter if we defend well, RM can always balls it up" have seen terribly insipid performances in fixtures that you'd normally hope for more intensity.

April 09, 2016, 03:32:49 PM
Reply #47

Bwana

It'll be again a phenomenal performance after which we would've deserved more from the game. If only the away changing room would've been a couple of degrees warmer and their tea & pies a couple of degrees cooler we would've made it. Oh and the sky was a bit too blue. And the pigeons on the roofs of Vicarage Road bit too fat.
Well there may be no score, but there's certainly no lack of excitement here. As you can see, Nietzsche has just been booked for arguing with the referee. He accused Confucius of having no free will, and Confucius he say, "Name go in book". And this is Nietzsche's third booking in four games.

April 09, 2016, 08:00:41 PM
Reply #48

Cozzie

April 09, 2016, 08:01:16 PM
Reply #49

Cozzie

Good having Barry back and also that he is sticking with two wingers.

Lose 2-1.

April 09, 2016, 08:05:40 PM
Reply #50

Thom

Administrator
Got to hope that those players stick to those positions throughout the 90 (Deulofeu and Lennon will change wings occasionally I reckon), as I can't be arsed seeing Lennon behind Lukaku with Barkley out on the left wing for some utterly stupid reason.

Only thing about that bench is that you can spot the subs a mile off. Cleverley and Mirallas definitely, but everyone else will be lucky to see time on the pitch.

Guess we'll wait and see if we perform better than recent matches.

April 09, 2016, 08:06:11 PM
Reply #51

Ross

The scientist starts at left back!
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 09, 2016, 08:07:17 PM
Reply #52

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
They've put Lennon and Barkley the wrong way round.

April 09, 2016, 08:07:42 PM
Reply #53

ally2

There's no way he could have dropped Baines (in hindsight!). Good to see Deulefeu. Bored with the rest of the team.

April 09, 2016, 08:11:42 PM
Reply #54

arteta4spain

The scientist starts at left back!
Sorry what does that mean? It's gonna be something so obvious now!

April 09, 2016, 08:12:56 PM
Reply #55

Ross

Sorry what does that mean? It's gonna be something so obvious now!

Leighton and his chemistry set are playing! Good news all round.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 09, 2016, 08:14:40 PM
Reply #56

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Away from home we will probably do alright, have done all season. Always want us to win but it's all so meaningless.

April 09, 2016, 08:15:01 PM
Reply #57

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 09, 2016, 08:18:15 PM
Reply #58

Evertonian in NC

Just to be clear. I'm not saying I'd like it to happen.

I'm just getting that feeling that we might see some players just going through the motions tomorrow.

same.  I predicted 3-0, but I certainly hope it doesn't happen.  If it does, much more likely to be subconscious rather than deliberate.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 09, 2016, 08:18:34 PM
Reply #59

arteta4spain

Leighton and his chemistry set are playing! Good news all round.
Ah nice! Haha I've been up for work since 3am my heads mashed! 😜
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 08:19:01 PM by arteta4spain »