November 23, 2017, 01:37:08 PM

Author Topic: 1982 Everton friendly line up needed please  (Read 1014 times)

June 20, 2010, 03:54:05 AM
Read 1014 times

John Tudor

Hi all, could anyone please help me find the Everton Line Up & Scorer for the following friendly game please

Wednesday 19th May 1982 - Sheffield United 1 v 1 Everton - Friendly

I have tried Everton Results site, they havnt got the info, I also have this running on a couple of Everton messageboards
Any help would be appreciated
Many thanks

deCoubertin

June 20, 2010, 11:54:17 AM
Reply #1

benuski

There are two programs from this match held in the Everton Collection in the Liverpool Record Office.  You can see the records for the two programs here:
http://www.evertoncollection.org.uk/object?id=796+EFC%2f7%2f96%2f71
http://www.evertoncollection.org.uk/object?id=796+EFC%2f7%2f96%2f70

Other than these two programs, I couldn't find any reference to this match anywhere.

Images of the programs themselves are not available online, so you will have to contact the Liverpool Record Office to see if you can get a photocopy or a digital picture or something.  I have no idea what services they provide.  Here's the website for the Central Library, where the Record Office is located: http://www.liverpool.gov.uk/Leisure_and_culture/Libraries_and_archives/How_to_find_us/Central_library/index.asp. If the programs themselves don't have the answer, hopefully one of the staff members at the library could help you find copies of a newspaper on microfilm form 20 May 1982.  That would probably have a match report in it.

Good luck! Post what you find back to the board, and let us know why you want to find out.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 11:56:44 AM by benuski »

June 20, 2010, 06:10:42 PM
Reply #2

John Tudor

Thanks for that Benuski, I will give them a try. I have already gone through The Sheffield Star newspaper archive but it gives you The Blades line up only, the match report in there is all about the celebration of United winning the 4th Division championship, nothing about the game itself.
I am a Sheffield United suppoorter of more years than I care to remember, my kids have grown up so instead of sitting watching rubbish tv with her indoors I.ve decided to put together a few 'collections' of my United years. I,ve just about finished every game Tony Currie [My true United god] played whilst at United, including all pre and post season tours, friendlies, his England U18, U23 & Full caps. I really enjoyed putting together my TC collection, so the only season that United ever won anything important [ish]  in my time following The Blades was season 1981/82 4th Division Champions  :-[ This Everton line up is the only one from that season that I am missing.
A lot of my TC collection came from other teams messageboards, I have been shown some unbeleivable kindness from a lot of people to get my information correct, it kind of puts your faith back into people. Anyway, enough of my ramblings, I will let you know how I get on
Many thanks
JT

June 20, 2010, 10:59:07 PM
Reply #3

Purple Aki