November 22, 2017, 09:49:19 AM

Author Topic: Liverpool v Everton  (Read 64439 times)

April 18, 2016, 12:31:28 AM
Reply #45

Simon Paul

Administrator
Osman was shit yesterday. Really don't want to see him play on Wednesday. Rated him as a player but he is finished I'm afraid.

now is not the time to be getting match practise is it?  he was awful and when the team news was read out at the Fanzone there was total silence in response to it.

I said to my mate "The only logic in that team is that some of those players haven't lost at Goodison in ages so maybe they'll provide that winning mentality"

To be fair to Gibson and Osman, they still haven't lost at Goodison in ages though!

April 18, 2016, 12:32:41 AM
Reply #46

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

No. The Europa league winners champions league space is completely separate from everything. If they win then there would be 5 English teams in it next year. Sevilla won it last year and Valencia didn't lose their champions league spot for finishing 4th in Spain as an example.

But if city won the champions league and finished 5th, then whoever finished 4th would lose their spot....not that they will finish 5th.

Only if the EL winner finished outside of top 4 too.

April 18, 2016, 12:38:56 AM
Reply #47

ally2

now is not the time to be getting match practise is it?  he was awful and when the team news was read out at the Fanzone there was total silence in response to it.

I said to my mate "The only logic in that team is that some of those players haven't lost at Goodison in ages so maybe they'll provide that winning mentality"

To be fair to Gibson and Osman, they still haven't lost at Goodison in ages though!

It was a strange team yes. I think Osman's decline has been important in our decline actually. Our central creativity relies on Ross Barkley who is not on it and there's no one to come in for him. And even if he was on form, we need a link player. Osman was being asked to play box to box yesterday which was utter lunacy and it was painful watching him suffer!

April 18, 2016, 12:40:13 AM
Reply #48

Simon Paul

Administrator
It was a strange team yes. I think Osman's decline has been important in our decline actually. Our central creativity relies on Ross Barkley who is not on it and there's no one to come in for him. And even if he was on form, we need a link player. Osman was being asked to play box to box yesterday which was utter lunacy and it was painful watching him suffer!

Ossie played some nice football early on in the game.  he danced into the Southampton box with the ball like he was rolling back the years.

then he remembered his tache

April 18, 2016, 01:04:13 AM
Reply #49

Heisenberg

Osman Baines and Pienaar in their prime. Now thats what you call attractive football

April 18, 2016, 01:35:51 AM
Reply #50

howard1334

So Pienaar is just completely finished as a player, right? There is no other explanation for him not getting game time in the past three months when he has repeatedly been on the bench. Not sure why we waste a bench spot on him if we refuse to play him.

April 18, 2016, 01:38:44 AM
Reply #51

howard1334

Agreed, I think we are still in need of a No. 10. Barkley exceeded expectations for much of the season but has fallen off in the last few months. And absent him playing well, we lack any real creativity at the moment, particularly with Deulofeu going to shit.

Speaking of Gerard, what the fuck has happened to him? He was playing so well to start the season and then has seemingly regressed in almost every single way. Maybe it was just the lack of playing time and the team regressing more generally....
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 01:39:34 AM by howard1334 »

April 18, 2016, 01:39:01 AM
Reply #52

Heisenberg

I wouldnt mind seeing Barkley playing in the middle with barry. And Pienaar behind the striker. I think that could definitely work

April 18, 2016, 01:42:31 AM
Reply #53

howard1334

I wouldnt mind seeing Barkley playing in the middle with barry. And Pienaar behind the striker. I think that could definitely work

Would be a great option in my mind if Barkley was playing as he was three months ago, and Pienaar and Barry were both three years younger. I feel like we would have a very slow central midfield three and would probably get torn apart by more athletic, youthful teams. (Barkley is certainly athletic but he looks very labored as of late.)

I still feel like we would have seen Pienaar if he was still capable of playing at a high level. Even though my once high confidence in Martinez has eroded, I still don't think he is that inept.

April 18, 2016, 01:45:19 AM
Reply #54

Heisenberg

I'd rather see pienaar at 80 than kone playing that weird LM/CM position

April 18, 2016, 02:17:08 AM
Reply #55

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

I'd rather see pienaar at 80 than kone playing that weird LM/CM position

And that was when he was supposed to be playing as a 9...

:)

April 18, 2016, 02:29:22 AM
Reply #56

Alanvideo

We are special ,we are Everton.

April 18, 2016, 02:32:19 AM
Reply #57

hill135

fuckin' HIbbo :snigger:

I'd rather play one of his coarse fishing mates Matt Hayes or Steve Ringer ahead of him.

Serious question though: where has he been?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 02:32:36 AM by hill135 »

April 18, 2016, 02:33:04 AM
Reply #58

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
If he had been near a full side football pitch in the last year it might not be that bad.

April 18, 2016, 02:40:35 AM
Reply #59

Paddockoldie

They'll hit the wings and bomb in crosses, totally exploiting our weakness. 2 on Rom and that's us fucked. Can't face watching this but probably will because Everton are my weakness... At least slippy isn't there to haunt us now and that cunt sterling.