December 14, 2018, 05:40:41 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Norwich  (Read 38411 times)

May 15, 2016, 05:45:10 AM
Reply #90

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

I think so. Sounds stupid but it's like a winger who can go either side but stays out of the way of the centre. It's all gone a bit Brendan Rodgers sorry

You could stand Mirallas out on County Road and he'd still wander into the middle of the pitch.

:)

May 15, 2016, 05:45:39 AM
Reply #91

ally2

Respect is ebbing away here @ally2 ...

Are central wingers really called singers?

Maybe they get called swingers. I know there's no chance of us drumming this up in two training sessions. Just think it would be interesting. I'd like to Barkley and Dowell play together because I think they would work well together as a pair but you couldn't then have two wingers as well. The other thing is I wouldn't want Lukaku straying into wide areas which he might do (and be wasted there IMO) if he were to play as part of a front two. He should stay in the middle and we should get crosses to him from the full backs and/or Mirallas. This means having a really solid base though so that's why I went for Funes Mori over Pennington, and stayed with the Barry/McCarthy duo.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 05:46:58 AM by ally2 »

May 15, 2016, 06:01:51 AM
Reply #92

Ross

Maybe they get called swingers. I know there's no chance of us drumming this up in two training sessions. Just think it would be interesting. I'd like to Barkley and Dowell play together because I think they would work well together as a pair but you couldn't then have two wingers as well. The other thing is I wouldn't want Lukaku straying into wide areas which he might do (and be wasted there IMO) if he were to play as part of a front two. He should stay in the middle and we should get crosses to him from the full backs and/or Mirallas. This means having a really solid base though so that's why I went for Funes Mori over Pennington, and stayed with the Barry/McCarthy duo.

Personally I think part of our problem over the last 18 months has been the lack of pressing upfront. Not sure how this young lad Dowell plays but the thought of adding another none defensive player centrally doesn't sound great to me ally.

But fuck knows!  it wasn't that long ago on here that the hipsters were circle jerking about Baines playing as a holding midfielder.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 15, 2016, 06:38:19 AM
Reply #93

bluefrank

It'll be nice going to Goodison without feeling depressed, and leaving feeling even more depressed.
Never trust a Camel, or anyone else who can go a week without a drink.

May 15, 2016, 07:48:23 AM
Reply #94

Evertonian in NC

You could stand Mirallas out on County Road and he'd still wander into the middle of the pitch.

:)

Nobody puts Baby in a corner...
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 15, 2016, 01:32:24 PM
Reply #95

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Personally I think part of our problem over the last 18 months has been the lack of pressing upfront. Not sure how this young lad Dowell plays but the thought of adding another none defensive player centrally doesn't sound great to me ally.

But fuck knows!  it wasn't that long ago on here that the hipsters were circle jerking about Baines playing as a holding midfielder.

Sounds like a central fullback to me.

May 15, 2016, 01:33:36 PM
Reply #96

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Totally looking forward to this. I've been quite meh about it for a while but I'm pretty pumped for this!

May 15, 2016, 02:02:33 PM
Reply #97

fubarruk

Pocket change to Morishi.
Perhaps so, but by FFP, is that not £6m we potentially wouldn't be able to spend in the summer?

May 15, 2016, 04:41:57 PM
Reply #98

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Totally looking forward to this. I've been quite meh about it for a while but I'm pretty pumped for this!

I'm gutted that I'm not going to be there.

May 15, 2016, 04:45:34 PM
Reply #99

Bluedylan

Wasn't it your messiah that introduced that idea and took him to watch Lahm play for Bayern? You know, the fella you defended to the hilt.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 15, 2016, 06:41:26 PM
Reply #100

Tinga

Dreamt last night that Martinez sneaked back into Everton and change his name to Robert Martin whilst growing a mustache. lolol Anyway, looking forward to this game. First I have for a while.

May 15, 2016, 07:18:17 PM
Reply #101

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Hope it's a proper party atmosphere but could go either way really.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 15, 2016, 07:53:14 PM
Reply #102

Thom

Administrator
Liverpool Echo reporting that Pennington, Davies and Dowell will all start today. Would be great to see those three given a go from the off, if true.

May 15, 2016, 08:00:38 PM
Reply #103

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

May 15, 2016, 08:03:38 PM
Reply #104

Shogun

Administrator
4-3-3 then?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth