August 16, 2018, 05:08:54 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Norwich  (Read 34031 times)

May 12, 2016, 09:18:51 PM
Read 34031 times

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Howard
Holgate Pennington stones baines
Mirrallas Barkley Gibson pienaar
Osman
Lukaku

Send offs for Howard, Gibson and pienaar
Probs Osman too as he levels some sort of record

Wonder if de boer came he would try to keep pienaar as a coach?
Simply simply lovely

May 13, 2016, 09:33:20 PM
Reply #1

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
For me, Barkley only gives the ball away when trying a killer ball. His all round passing is actually very good.

He's defo an easy pick to lay into

I do think he needs to be playing deeper tho, he is better around the edge of the box coming onto the ball rather than being on it of that makes sense
Simply simply lovely

May 13, 2016, 10:01:33 PM
Reply #2

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Let me get this straight, are we genuinely analysing Barkley's figure? :)
I prefer a more curvy figure
Simply simply lovely

May 14, 2016, 12:30:09 AM
Reply #3

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
What is his brother known for?
Throwing his cock up page 3 models
Simply simply lovely

May 15, 2016, 05:24:50 AM
Reply #4

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Is there such a thing as a central winger?
Never heard if that before
Simply simply lovely

May 15, 2016, 10:58:22 PM
Reply #5

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Shit houses Norwich
Needed a goal for me bet
Simply simply lovely

May 16, 2016, 03:38:13 PM
Reply #6

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I seem to remember Unsworth said he would pick a team that had showed him they wanted to win for Everton. Hence the youngsters and no Besic Funes Mori and Oviedo,,,, Barkley on the bench was what surprised me...
Tbf si did say last week that royle doesn't rate Barkley and if what was said is true that it was a royle and unsworth side then it was no surprise

Also, Dowell was a certainty to play

Besic hasn't looked anyway near fit enough since his return, probably rushed back so hopefully a break for him, a good pre season and we will see him again

Funes mori....  I think it was just to give the kids some experience
Simply simply lovely

May 16, 2016, 05:23:15 PM
Reply #7

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
It sounds a bit mad and I love, love, love Barkley - but I can understand why other people don't rate him.

In a conversation with a pain in the arse Spurs fan about Delli Alli and Barkley I said they were the two most promising England midfielders. He came back with "Promising? Delli Alli's already delivering mate, week in, week out, how much longer is Barkley going to be promising before you realise he's never gonna live up to it?"

I had to agree with the consistency aspect (which hurts), I just hope the new manager gets the best out of our Ross, because it's all there for him if he wants it.

Anyways:

Last game - great result
Howard - great send off
Naismith - great lad
Rhino & Joe - great Evertonians
Performance - great change
New manager - great hopes
Youngsters - great expectations

Everton - we WILL be great again!
We are notoriously harsh on our own

Heres a comparison of Barkley, Dele Alli and world player of the year*, Coutinho

There isnt a lot between Barkley and Dele Alli at all. The media have fell in love with Dele Alli, our own fans dont appreciate what a talent Barkley is already and could be so what chance has he got winning over other teams fans

* According to @Shogun and Garth Crooks' team of the year centre midfielder

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#|premier_league/2015/2016/dele_alli/165/165/18185/0/p|premier_league/2015/2016/philippe_coutinho/165/165/2673/0/p#total_passes/successful_passes/key_passes/assists/chances_created/goals_scored/total_shots/shot_accuracy#total
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 05:24:33 PM by Jimmywhack »
Simply simply lovely

May 16, 2016, 05:29:21 PM
Reply #8

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Well Once again that fucking link didnt work
So accroding to squawka heres the stats

Games played Barkley 38, DA 33 PC 26
Total Passes B 1776 DA 1075 PC 1081
Succesful Passes B 1530 DA 813 PC 852
Key Passes B47 DA 46 PC 44
Assists B 8 DA 9 PC 5
Chances Created B 55 DA 54 PC 49
Goals B 8 DA 10 PC 8
Shots B 95 DA 74 PC 111
Simply simply lovely

May 16, 2016, 05:48:23 PM
Reply #9

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I stand corrected - said the man in the orthopoedic shoe.

I've had a look at the stats and there are areas where each outperforms the other but on the whole I am surprised with how favourably Barkley compares.

Maybe I am buying into the bias against our own players? I didn't think I was that guy! I don't wanna be that guy!

But the games I've seen (and most on here wil have seen more than me), I have come away with the impression that if Barkley could just raise his game 10% then he could be like Ronaldo (the original of course, not the Portuguese pretender).
Like @GLewis said, I cant wait for a new manager to get hold of him. I think he could be anything he wants to be honest, i do however think he will drop deeper and dele alli will in general stay further forward
Simply simply lovely