September 23, 2018, 08:52:29 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Norwich  (Read 35426 times)

May 13, 2016, 01:54:37 AM
Read 35426 times

Toddacelli

Problem for me is, if Martinez was succeeding in his first season due to working with what Moyes had built, how long will the players have the Martinez hangover effect after he has gone?
Yes the manager was shit.  But the players have been as well.  If they are suddenly good again in this game then they need to look at themselves as much as Martinez.

I agree to a point. But if the formation, tactics and instruction for out on the pitch are completely different, then it lays a bit more of the blame at Martinez's door.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 16, 2016, 04:51:55 PM
Reply #1

Toddacelli

Tbf si did say last week that royle doesn't rate Barkley and if what was said is true that it was a royle and unsworth side then it was no surprise

Also, Dowell was a certainty to play

Besic hasn't looked anyway near fit enough since his return, probably rushed back so hopefully a break for him, a good pre season and we will see him again

Funes mori....  I think it was just to give the kids some experience

It sounds a bit mad and I love, love, love Barkley - but I can understand why other people don't rate him.

In a conversation with a pain in the arse Spurs fan about Delli Alli and Barkley I said they were the two most promising England midfielders. He came back with "Promising? Delli Alli's already delivering mate, week in, week out, how much longer is Barkley going to be promising before you realise he's never gonna live up to it?"

I had to agree with the consistency aspect (which hurts), I just hope the new manager gets the best out of our Ross, because it's all there for him if he wants it.

Anyways:

Last game - great result
Howard - great send off
Naismith - great lad
Rhino & Joe - great Evertonians
Performance - great change
New manager - great hopes
Youngsters - great expectations

Everton - we WILL be great again!

May 16, 2016, 05:41:26 PM
Reply #2

Toddacelli

We are notoriously harsh on our own

Heres a comparison of Barkley, Dele Alli and world player of the year*, Coutinho

There isnt a lot between Barkley and Dele Alli at all. The media have fell in love with Dele Alli, our own fans dont appreciate what a talent Barkley is already and could be so what chance has he got winning over other teams fans

* According to @Shogun and Garth Crooks' team of the year centre midfielder

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#|premier_league/2015/2016/dele_alli/165/165/18185/0/p|premier_league/2015/2016/philippe_coutinho/165/165/2673/0/p#total_passes/successful_passes/key_passes/assists/chances_created/goals_scored/total_shots/shot_accuracy#total

I stand corrected - said the man in the orthopoedic shoe.

I've had a look at the stats and there are areas where each outperforms the other but on the whole I am surprised with how favourably Barkley compares.

Maybe I am buying into the bias against our own players? I didn't think I was that guy! I don't wanna be that guy!

But the games I've seen (and most on here wil have seen more than me), I have come away with the impression that if Barkley could just raise his game 10% then he could be like Ronaldo (the original of course, not the Portuguese pretender).

May 17, 2016, 11:32:51 PM
Reply #3

Toddacelli

Like @GLewis said, I cant wait for a new manager to get hold of him. I think he could be anything he wants to be honest, i do however think he will drop deeper and dele alli will in general stay further forward

I agree that it is the likely position he will develop into, however, I'd love to see him further forward, shooting from around the box and causing problems.