September 23, 2018, 02:09:14 PM

Author Topic: Director of Football might be appointed...  (Read 29879 times)

May 14, 2016, 03:21:04 PM
Read 29879 times

BlueBeagle

I'm sold give Martinez a call he is good at all that shit just can't coach😏

He's not though.

The only 2 real quality players he's brought in during his time are Lukaku and Barry, both of which were no brainers.

May 14, 2016, 07:54:55 PM
Reply #1

BlueBeagle

I beg to differ, you can't disregard deulofeu or even besic at the price I am not unhappy with how the Swiss kid seems to be going all be it in a lesser league, to name a few. I still believe in every thing he was trying to do. He just couldn't coach them. There's a reason we're all pissed off that we didn't storm up the league, he gave us belief which is why what came after was so hard. I for one was expecting to be mid table and lower for a few years after moyes left. But he came in and built from the bottom so I'll tip my hat to that but he had to go in the end.

Deulofeu is still unable to complete 90 minutes of football despite looking promising.

Besic is shite and never fit.

June 20, 2016, 06:48:15 PM
Reply #2

BlueBeagle

“It’s something I wasn’t used to so I didn’t really know a lot about it because there seemed to be a lot of cross-fertilisation with my role,” he said. “But it is modern football and if you get the right one it is a big plus."

So as chairman he never bothered to find out what this DOF role is all about until now despite most top clubs having operating this way for a good while now?