September 19, 2019, 03:19:29 AM

Author Topic: Laugh along with those loveable Reds...  (Read 325041 times)

June 03, 2019, 05:32:13 PM
Reply #4470

sam of the south

Quote from Klopp- BBC Website

"I don't know exactly how many people live in Liverpool but it does not look like there is a lot of space for fans of other clubs," he told LFC TV.

"It is incredible. If you are a young kid, which do you support? There are not a lot of opportunities or options other than Liverpool. You see in the eyes how much it means. It is really intense."

On a par with Rafas “little club” statement.

Was just about to post this.

Imagine being that much of a prick, that during the victory celebrations after winning the most prestigious trophy in club football that you decided to take a pop at your local rivals who are nowhere near your current stature. Embarrassing, really.

They are the least gracious winners I’ve ever known.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 03, 2019, 05:48:41 PM
Reply #4471

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Quote from Klopp- BBC Website

"I don't know exactly how many people live in Liverpool but it does not look like there is a lot of space for fans of other clubs," he told LFC TV.

"It is incredible. If you are a young kid, which do you support? There are not a lot of opportunities or options other than Liverpool. You see in the eyes how much it means. It is really intense."

On a par with Rafas “little club” statement.

Fuck him.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 03, 2019, 05:56:59 PM
Reply #4472

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
750,000 at the parade apparently

I’m calling a massive load of bullshit on that.

That’s the whole population of Liverpool there.

I know a lot of wools and southerners would’ve come up but considering the police and merseyrail said there’s been smaller crowds than expected I’d take that figure with a massive pinch of salt.

Won’t stop the echo and national media blatantly lying though.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 03, 2019, 06:37:02 PM
Reply #4473

sirblue57

I live in spain and cant escape it, a couple i care for , NORWEGIAN! Never mentioned football before, gave me a full rundown of the game and how.much it meant.
Un.fucking.believable
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

June 03, 2019, 07:06:15 PM
Reply #4474

Macca77

750,000 at the parade apparently

I’m calling a massive load of bullshit on that.

That’s the whole population of Liverpool there.

I know a lot of wools and southerners would’ve come up but considering the police and merseyrail said there’s been smaller crowds than expected I’d take that figure with a massive pinch of salt.

Won’t stop the echo and national media blatantly lying though.

Who counted them, that's what I wanna know!

June 03, 2019, 07:11:11 PM
Reply #4475

sam of the south

Who counted them, that's what I wanna know!

I’ve been saying this for years, but the BBC crunching these numbers and Klopp’s comments enforce my belief that LFC and the media would love Everton to be obliterated; we are a big club, and are highly inconvenient being in the same city as them

June 03, 2019, 07:20:13 PM
Reply #4476

Macca77

I’ve been saying this for years, but the BBC crunching these numbers and Klopp’s comments enforce my belief that LFC and the media would love Everton to be obliterated; we are a big club, and are highly inconvenient being in the same city as them

It's as if we don't exist now though, BBC, Sky and BT where all claiming the whole of Merseyside was rooting for them, the entire population greeting them coming home. Even local radio stations have been having a pop at us. Don't think we've been so irrelevant to them all.

June 03, 2019, 07:29:01 PM
Reply #4477

sam of the south

It's as if we don't exist now though, BBC, Sky and BT where all claiming the whole of Merseyside was rooting for them, the entire population greeting them coming home. Even local radio stations have been having a pop at us. Don't think we've been so irrelevant to them all.

It’s not like they are acting as if we don’t exist, it’s like they are now showing that they would be happy if we ceased to exist

June 03, 2019, 07:53:28 PM
Reply #4478

Bluedylan

The only way you can really escape it or be freed from it, is in your own head. Their minions are everywhere, so you won't escape it physically or geographically.

This has been my thought process:

1) They didn't win the league. That's the one that everyone knows they want, and they'll admit that themselves. And they didn't, which was merciful.
2) Barca handed that competition to them, not Spurs. Spurs were the better team but lacked cutting edge. The moment Barca collapsed mentally at Anfield, the trophy was almost certainly theirs. So emotionally, we've had weeks to accept that, and for me, time does help. I've adjusted to it, and accepted it.
3) On pure football terms, they deserved it, in all honesty. They're one of the best teams in Europe. The 2005 win was much harder to swallow, because they were garbage for the entire game, and had people like Djimi Traore playing for them, and still fucking won it. It's still hard to take that their team is so good, and we're a long way away, but at least there's a degree of merit to it. I can cope with that.
4) The anticipation of something really bad is usually worse than the actual bad thing happening. I say usually because it doesn't always apply (nuclear wars), but it's often the case, and for me, it's the case here. Ok, they've won a trophy. So what? Well done. We'll live and we'll start the new season in a couple of months, and life will go on.

All of this is tempered by the fact that I've moved out of Liverpool in the last couple of years, and there's absolutely no doubt that there's an extra level of pain and sufferance from living in the city, and seeing and hearing it everywhere you go. We have to acknowledge that. There are reds everywhere, but it's not the same when you encounter it every other person you meet/in your family/in your friend group/in the media/near where you live/in town.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

June 03, 2019, 08:17:41 PM
Reply #4479

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Had to laugh in the end, yesterday in the local the game was on all day

Simply simply lovely

June 03, 2019, 09:17:56 PM
Reply #4480

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
All the ‘die hard’ Cardiff City and Newport County fans (ie when they’re winning/getting promoted) like this down here at the moment
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 03, 2019, 09:45:27 PM
Reply #4481

Lazarou

I had to chuckle first person that I heard interviewed on the BBC news was a cockney.

John Lennon Airport will have been busy yesterday with all the LFC fans coming for the parade.
"I'm not worrying, I'm not worrying, well I am worrying, I am worrying, I am worrying." Guy Martin

June 03, 2019, 09:55:30 PM
Reply #4482

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Im not having the 750,000 figure.

Ive had Mumford and Sons tickets booked for a while for last nigt at the Echo. It's not often me and the Mrs get out, so i wasnt going to let the parade put a dampner on it.
We got in to town about 3.30pm and hid away in places like Brass Monkey , Berry and Rye and Kazimier Gardens so I didn't have to see all the knobheads going past in their NEVER GIVE UP T-shirts.

Anyway after some food and a few drinks it got to 7pm and I thought the parade would have ended. So we headed towards the docks. As soon as I turned the corner near the Hilton there was a load if them singing, setting off flares and the fuckin parade bus was passing right in front of me, the whole fuckin team with the cup. My wife thought it was hilarious.
Instead of walking past that mob we cut through L1 to go past the law courts and all their fans were being sheparded up James Street (as the bus had already passed them).

I don't know what 750,000 looks like, but I've been in crownds of 70k, 80k before and it didn't even look that busy.

"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

June 03, 2019, 09:56:38 PM
Reply #4483

Alanvideo

Apparently the victory parade was so big it was visible from space , like the Great Wall odf China .
We are special ,we are Everton.

June 03, 2019, 10:02:56 PM
Reply #4484

Macca77

There was just under 1.5 million after Istanbul so they clearly need to up their game.