December 15, 2018, 10:17:34 PM

Author Topic: Laugh along with those loveable Reds...  (Read 211935 times)

May 19, 2016, 07:23:40 AM
Read 211935 times

bacon sarnie

'He may feel appreciated by Klopp and established at Anfield but the £25m midfielder, one of five Liverpool players in England’s provisional 26-man squad for the European Championship, still finds it possible to get on the wrong side of his manager.

“He was screaming at me during the Chelsea game last week but he screams so much on the day of a game you’ve got to take it with a pinch of salt,” Lallana says. “You definitely can’t take it personally; that’s just him. He was shouting at me to be more compact against Chelsea. The worst thing you can do in that situation is gesture ‘What do you mean?’ or dismiss it. The best thing is to just nod your head even if you don’t understand what he’s saying.

“I made the mistake of saying I couldn’t hear him away at Leicester and that didn’t help but after the game he will always explain he was just trying to help you. He is a great character to have around. I really like the way he is and I think his traits bring the best out of a lot of players. He doesn’t get too angry. He’s more disappointed that we haven’t shown our best. He is emotional and aggressive in his demands but he doesn’t get that angry after a game. He is very structured in what he says.”

Klopp and Lallana are next-door neighbours in Formby, where the Liverpool manager has taken up residence in Rodgers’ former home. A little awkward, surely? “It is nice actually,” Lallana says. “He has got a nice family, nice kids and I see him walking the dogs. One time I was taking my little boy up for a bath and when we got to the landing we saw him [Klopp] taking out the bins so I put my lad on the balcony and he was shouting, ‘Klopp, Klopp’ and giving it the fist-pump celebration. He just looked at him and gave him a wave.”

Lovely.

May 19, 2016, 08:39:35 PM
Reply #1

bacon sarnie

So cute, so nice. Liverpool use the same house for all their managers. I wonder did Klopp keep the potrait of Rogers hanging in there

See todays Other Football thread......
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 08:40:53 PM by bacon sarnie »

May 19, 2016, 08:47:23 PM
Reply #2

bacon sarnie

Without missing a beat or any sense of irony comes the immortal words "next season....."

Sob!

May 21, 2016, 01:31:44 AM
Reply #3

bacon sarnie

some right whoppers on there, kin hell

Some on your avatar as well like.......

Talking of which - every photo I've seen regards the rumble in Brussels its a Kopite getting battered. Used to be hard them you know.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 01:35:09 AM by bacon sarnie »

May 25, 2016, 05:26:03 AM
Reply #4

bacon sarnie

They are playing Barca at Wembley in the International Champions Cup . Champions of what ?

Ex-player bullshit artists on telly that's what.

Ayup....'Liverpool and Manchester United have been fined €40,000 (£30,565) each – half of which has been suspended – for illicit chanting by their fans during March’s two-legged Europa League clash.

Liverpool were fined a further €17,000 for the offences of setting off fireworks, throwing of objects, crowd disturbances and a late kick-off and ordered to contact United within 30 days for the settlement of the damages caused by their supporters at Old Trafford.'

Scandalous.

July 09, 2016, 03:12:05 AM
Reply #5

bacon sarnie

Had forgotten about this shower.......

July 15, 2016, 04:08:21 AM
Reply #6

bacon sarnie

Ballotelli. Cracks me up he's still on the books......

Benteke as well.

July 16, 2016, 07:52:13 AM
Reply #7

bacon sarnie

Jurgen Rodgers has already said that he needs to find another club. The gossip columns reckon Brendan Klopp might be after him at Celtic which would get the Celtic fans frothing at the mouth but would be a massive fall from grace for Balotelli.

Off to China for 16 mil they say. Kloppgers may take Benteke to Celtic like.

July 19, 2016, 08:09:39 PM
Reply #8

bacon sarnie

'The Reds will try to rustle up some cash by selling Lucas Leiva, Lazar Markovic, Tiago Ilori, Mario Balotelli, Christian Benteke and Adam Bogdan, the last of whom could be on his way to Wigan. “It makes no sense to stay in the squad when you don’t have an opportunity to play,” said Jürgen Klopp of this spurned sixsome. “When there’s no chance to play, it makes absolutely no sense.” Unfortunately for the German the players involved may have accountants with an alternative view.' Guardian

Good swap for Winaljdum.

July 19, 2016, 08:15:03 PM
Reply #9

bacon sarnie

Bogdán definitely wants to go and play somewhere, he wanted to go out on loan in January too. But then he'll be on the lowest wages out of that lot.

Aye, but what happened to that defender they bought and used a couple of times as a striker?

July 30, 2016, 10:36:16 AM
Reply #10

bacon sarnie

Their new keeper is out for 2-3 months with a broken hand.

Punched Lovren in the head. 'Nuff said.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 10:36:51 AM by bacon sarnie »

August 08, 2016, 12:27:18 AM
Reply #11

bacon sarnie

Lovren's Mrs has been playing around, but every other paper is running the story as well.

Hope she gives him the Iceland clap.

August 16, 2016, 09:23:31 PM
Reply #12

bacon sarnie

Anyone still like Klopp?

August 21, 2016, 09:28:39 PM
Reply #13

bacon sarnie

They should have sold Sturridge and kept Benteke. Soft gets.

August 25, 2016, 10:53:01 PM
Reply #14

bacon sarnie

Sounds like there's trouble brewing in Mordor.

"World Class" Studgie doesn't like his position he's playing in and "Best defender in the league" Sakho is being shown the door.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/aug/25/the-question-will-jurgen-klopp-be-given-time-liverpool

Deffo their year/rebuilding/changing philosophies etc.