February 22, 2018, 07:14:12 PM

Author Topic: Laugh along with those loveable Reds...  (Read 96745 times)

Alanvideo and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 21, 2018, 11:19:12 PM
Reply #1830

Major Clanger

i dont watch big brother but seen the clips, basically saying he is old and has grown up with homophobic views so thats ok....thinks if a gay man is near him, they will jump him ::)

I'm sure he'll be fine with it then if I call him a nigger, because that's what I've grown up with.

It beggars belief that someone who actually campaigned against racism, and against this kind of "it was normal back then" attitude, can be this stupid.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

January 21, 2018, 11:29:32 PM
Reply #1831

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I'm sure he'll be fine with it then if I call him a nigger, because that's what I've grown up with.

It beggars belief that someone who actually campaigned against racism, and against this kind of "it was normal back then" attitude, can be this stupid.

Exactly, which is why i called him a hypocrite. Its frustrating as hell.
I have to return some videotapes.

January 21, 2018, 11:37:28 PM
Reply #1832

sam of the south

Unfortunately homophobia is even more rife in males from a Carribean background than those of a white British, working class origin.

John Barnes had both around him, plus he was from that grim era of blanket intolerance.

But yes, the hypocrisy of one man from a minority group that had to endure years of torment, being prejudiced towards those of a similarly derided minority group is both baffling and deeply depressing.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 21, 2018, 11:46:04 PM
Reply #1833

Bluedylan

To be alive is to be a hypocrite.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 22, 2018, 12:52:24 AM
Reply #1834

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
John Barnes is sound.

He's just a daft arl cunt. I wouldn't go as far to say he's a homophobe

January 22, 2018, 01:51:48 AM
Reply #1835

Major Clanger

John Barnes is sound.

He's just a daft arl cunt. I wouldn't go as far to say he's a homophobe

Yeah, but when people say "I can't for the life of me imagine why no active football player has come out as gay", they should also think that this guy has coaching badges. Granted, nobody would give him a job cos he's fucking shite at it, but would you risk coming out when someone with his attitudes could be your next manager?
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

January 22, 2018, 01:57:53 AM
Reply #1836

Bally

Administrator
Always find the attitude of how he is gay, he must want to fuck me as amazing

There's thousands of women, no millions who don't want to fuck you, so why would  a gay man want you?
Best put down from a gay man I ever heard of that said to my brother by the lad he used to work with.
It's the roll I way

January 22, 2018, 11:47:56 AM
Reply #1837

Jamokachi

Always find the attitude of how he is gay, he must want to fuck me as amazing

There's thousands of women, no millions who don't want to fuck you, so why would  a gay man want you?

The premise being that gay men are far more promiscuous (which it could be argued is relevant). However, the point very much still stands.

January 23, 2018, 01:25:46 AM
Reply #1838

bacon sarnie

To be alive is to be a hypocrite.

Heavy, man, born to be alive!

January 23, 2018, 03:41:28 AM
Reply #1839

Macca77

January 23, 2018, 03:52:06 AM
Reply #1840

The Analog Kid

Bit of cheer to take into Castle Greyskull tomorrow. Cheers Swans.

January 23, 2018, 03:55:37 AM
Reply #1841

Alanvideo

Oh how unlucky to hit the post in injury time  :Horse:
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 23, 2018, 02:48:36 PM
Reply #1842

Macca77

January 23, 2018, 05:18:18 PM
Reply #1843

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Sore loser alert

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42781304
How many times is he gonna be allowed to just apologise and laugh things like these off?

Simply simply lovely

January 23, 2018, 11:03:02 PM
Reply #1844

Toffee1

How many times is he gonna be allowed to just apologise and laugh things like these off?

The rant he had on Sky after the league derby was brushed under the carpet because he said sorry at the end. However, when Pep Guardiola had a similar rant with a BBC reporter (who lets be honest asked some really dumb questions) last season, Radio 5 Live talked about it and criticised him extensively for five consecutive nights.

One rule for them and another rule for the rest.