November 20, 2018, 01:29:08 AM

Author Topic: Laugh along with those loveable Reds...  (Read 202668 times)

October 08, 2018, 05:06:19 PM
Reply #165

Toffee1

Yes, like an ex Liverpool player for instance....

I hope not as there are enough of them already. However, I can't see anyone at the moment on the other broadcasters and radio who are truly impartial and/or do not fall over themselves to mention Liverpool at every possible instance.

The most laughable thing for me was on Radio 5 on the eve of the Champions league final, when they did a special programme with a load of their fans talking/convincing themselves that they would trounce Real Madrid. It was convenient for them that Salah had the injury as it allowed them to continue the excuse narrative and not how well Madrid played and the brilliance of Bale.

October 08, 2018, 06:03:24 PM
Reply #166

Toffee1

Sorry mate I was being sarcastic, not to you, but about the amount of fucking ex reds on Sky / Bt etc. I mean Neil Mellor and Stephen Warnock, it's even the no Mark reserves as well now.

I knew you were referring to the broadcasters mate and it is not just those two outlets either, Talksport had Forest Gump's less intelligent brother, Dean Saunders, saying the other day that Spurs should have signed the players that Liverpool did this summer to improve - I get Allison and maybe Keita but Shaquiri, really?.

I try to not listen to the sports radio outlets much as I used to now, as they spend more and more time talking about them - Jermaine Jenas or (JJ as he likes big called) spends about as much time as Dany Murphy does talking about Gerrard, even if there is no reason to.

Neil Mellor must spend a lot of time on the sun bed as he is more bronzed than David Dickinson or Frank Butcher or is he secretly trying to get on Strictly, so he can get fake tan for free?

October 13, 2018, 03:37:36 PM
Reply #167

Toffee1

October 17, 2018, 03:55:49 AM
Reply #168

Toffee1

Who's Paul Sinnah ?

One of the Chasers on the show - is a qualified doctor and also a stand -up comedian. He, in my opinion is the weakest of the Chasers.

October 17, 2018, 01:26:55 PM
Reply #169

Toffee1

I think Sean Wallace has lost it a bit recently. He's had some big defeats. Got 10 wrong in a final chase last week

I missed that one but it is good to see people winning. Still the best show of it's type though and in large part that is down to Bradley.

October 17, 2018, 08:17:23 PM
Reply #170

Toffee1

Yeah I love it. I've applied three times now but nothing doing. I applied for Mastermind once and got through first time. Desperate to get on it

I think you would do very well and I would love to see you up against your former colleague The Beast.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 08:18:52 PM by Toffee1 »

October 17, 2018, 09:07:36 PM
Reply #171

Toffee1

Love a bit of Catchphrase. And you get to take money home even if you lose (after the first round)

That's the bit (and Ben Shephard sounding like he is desperate for the toilet) on Tipping Point that annoys me, they should be allowed to take home the money.

On a more related note to the thread, Sky are showing the best goals between the shite and Man Utd and I forgot how much Dirk Kuyt looks like Sloth from The Goonies.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 11:32:30 PM by Toffee1 »

November 02, 2018, 10:30:58 PM
Reply #172

Toffee1

November 07, 2018, 04:48:58 PM
Reply #173

Toffee1

November 10, 2018, 04:47:23 PM
Reply #174

Toffee1

Wonder if Les Reed will end up there to complete their Southampton set?