August 15, 2018, 06:31:45 AM

Author Topic: Saturday's Weather  (Read 1994 times)

January 02, 2010, 12:52:54 AM
Read 1994 times

sharpattack

This game will definitely go ahead? Snow seems to be everywhere
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

January 02, 2010, 12:58:20 AM
Reply #1

Gary Iceman

thanx michael fish  :thumbsup:
Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.

January 02, 2010, 01:08:06 AM
Reply #2

liamgt

no snow here and in anycase goodison has undersoil heating

January 02, 2010, 01:30:44 AM
Reply #3

Chazman

I have never known a game to be called off at Goodison because of snow
"I fuckin love this club"

January 02, 2010, 05:52:55 AM
Reply #4

Endless, Nameless

I don't ever remember a game being called off at Goodison, full stop. The groundsmen seem to be very good at their job. I'm actually quite proud of our pitch, truth be told   :)
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

January 02, 2010, 05:56:36 AM
Reply #5

Harry cross

January 02, 2010, 12:38:42 PM
Reply #6

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
I don't ever remember a game being called off at Goodison, full stop. The groundsmen seem to be very good at their job. I'm actually quite proud of our pitch, truth be told   :)
our game against leeds in december 2000 was postponed due to snow ....  don't remember though if the ground was unplayable or it was due to people not being able to travel ....  I'm proud of our pitch (and groundsmen) aswell

January 02, 2010, 03:36:24 PM
Reply #7

Derek

I think with most Prem games they're only cancelled if the areas surrounding the stadium are dangerous for travellers, the required underground heating keeps the pitches playable.

That's why the lower leagues get decimated but the Premiership doesn't.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

January 02, 2010, 05:23:23 PM
Reply #8

top flight for a long time

Had some hail 5 minutes ago but that won't stop the game.  Only had one match postponed in recent years and that was due to the council not gritting around the ground and the whole area being dangerous for pedestrians.
We're forever Everton....

January 02, 2010, 05:43:41 PM
Reply #9

Thom

Administrator
Really dull here in South Liverpool. Grey cloud all over the place and it's been raining/sleeting for a good half hour now.

Looks like it'll be another freezing, wet day at Goodison. Hope the game is decent this time around.