November 23, 2017, 05:33:48 PM

Author Topic: 16th most valuable club in Europe  (Read 1095 times)

May 28, 2016, 06:11:20 AM
Read 1095 times

Bluedylan

http://www.cityam.com/241915/manchester-united-named-most-valuable-club-in-the-world-but-must-win-trophies-with-jose-mourinho-to-stay-at-the-top

Yes, a lot of it is to do with being in the Prem, but a massive accountancy firm has valued us as being worth between $428-482m, above plenty of other clubs around the globe, considered to be massive. I would imagine part of that is also down to Moshiri's investment and presumable future ownership of the club. We're considered the 7th most valuable club in the Prem.

I just thought it was an interesting thing to think about, in terms of the way we're perceived, and to some extent the way we perceive ourselves. People talk about us as 'only Everton' or 'little old Everton' or whatever, but we're actually a massive business in a very big industry, and there's huge potential for that to grow if we're able to sort the ground thing out in the new few years, buy better players and move higher up the league again.

Not that I'm saying we should sell our souls (and I don't think we will). I just think we might be in for a period of rapid modernisation over the next few years. Hopefully we can take some of the best things from that modernisation (greater professionalism at all levels of the club, greater accountability at all levels, more scientific approach to appointments and recruitment etc). 
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 06:18:04 AM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

deCoubertin

May 28, 2016, 04:10:27 PM
Reply #1

hill135

How do they actually calculate these things? Cos it strikes me as a load of old shite.

Surely the value of the club is the market price if someone tried to buy it? IN which case we're a lot less valuable than 450 million euros.

May 28, 2016, 04:13:45 PM
Reply #2

Alanvideo

.....I like this bit !

''The 32 elite European clubs on KPMG’s list are those who have achieved long-term success, are unlikely to be relegated and regular appearance in Uefa competitions.

Consequently, clubs such as Leicester and West Ham are not included in the ranking, although Everton and Tottenham are also included in the top 20 with estimated values of £591m and £336m respectively.''
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 28, 2016, 04:31:20 PM
Reply #3

BlueBeagle

Something is only worth what someone will pay for it.

May 28, 2016, 05:43:23 PM
Reply #4

Ross

Moshiri really really really likes this..
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 28, 2016, 07:29:46 PM
Reply #5

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I wonder who paid this firm to come up with this stuff?
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

May 30, 2016, 11:51:37 PM
Reply #6

KingOfNapaValley

This is why accountants are allowed to count money but never allowed to INVEST money. They have no idea what anything is worth.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 11:52:05 PM by KingOfNapaValley »

May 31, 2016, 04:59:48 AM
Reply #7

ever100

Well quite a lot on here think we're mid table anyway and were 'punching above our weight' under Moyes. So there you have it, we are mid table in the top 32 clubs in Europe. The firm that did the audit (KPMG seriously big hitters) have obviously chosen an Everton supporter to produce the report and not wanting to bring suspicion on their favouritism, place us where many think we'd be happy.

May 31, 2016, 05:35:22 AM
Reply #8

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

This is why accountants are allowed to count money but never allowed to INVEST money. They have no idea what anything is worth.

Moshiri is a qualified accountant.

June 01, 2016, 12:38:18 PM
Reply #9

KingOfNapaValley

Moshiri is a qualified accountant.

Great, now I'm worried.