November 23, 2017, 03:33:19 PM

Author Topic: Olympics 2016  (Read 12297 times)

August 22, 2016, 02:35:58 AM
Reply #675

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Has done as good a job of anchoring these games as the London games but would still rather get stuck in a lift with Hazel Irvine.

August 22, 2016, 02:45:03 AM
Reply #676

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
You leave Claire alone, shes on my bucket list

As in you'd need a bucket over her head or one over yours?
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

August 22, 2016, 02:56:56 AM
Reply #677

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Is that primarily though because he is based in Oregon for tea ING for most of the year? If that is the case then I wouldn't expect him to pay tax here if he wasn't a resident. It's also a bit too black and white that view isn't it? Are you saying that no matter what good things you do, what accomplishments you make if you don't pay tax to Britain you shouldn't be awarded an honour? What about Brits who live abroad but have done things that are awarded by an honour. Should they not be allowed to receive one because they pay no tax to Britain? I'm not trying to pick an argument here btw.

Fully appreciate you not trying to pick an argument but would you agree that Usain Bolt would have to receive a nighthood if Mo does ?

August 22, 2016, 03:03:47 AM
Reply #678

Ross

You need to get a new tv macca they come in colour and 3D now.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

August 22, 2016, 03:06:29 AM
Reply #679

velimski

It seems ABA boxing judges favour defence and the odd accurate jab rather than a total barrage of shots.

Another farcical decision.

August 22, 2016, 03:08:52 AM
Reply #680

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Fully appreciate you not trying to pick an argument but would you agree that Usain Bolt would have to receive a nighthood if Mo does ?

How does it work with someone like Bolt? Is Jamaica part of the Commonwealth? I don't actually think Mo Farah should be knighted, but there is precedent with the likes of Redgrave, Pinsent, Wiggins and Hoy - but that presents another question - are their achievements greater than Farah's, making them deserving of a knighthood?

To go back to your original question - if Farah was to be knighted then of course Bolt should (if it's possible) as I don't think anyone will beat what he has done
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 22, 2016, 03:13:52 AM
Reply #681

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
It seems ABA boxing judges favour defence and the odd accurate jab rather than a total barrage of shots.

Think Joyce played into his hands a bit. He knew that he had to go for it (especially having lost to him in the World Championshios) and try and get past his defensive strategy. However, he left himself open a number of times after he'd thrown his punches. He can be immensely proud of what he's achieved though - only taking up boxing at 24. I do agree about the standard of boxing judging throughout the games though.

August 22, 2016, 03:20:12 AM
Reply #682

Risky

NSNO Subscriber

August 22, 2016, 03:25:38 AM
Reply #683

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
How does it work with someone like Bolt? Is Jamaica part of the Commonwealth? I don't actually think Mo Farah should be knighted, but there is precedent with the likes of Redgrave, Pinsent, Wiggins and Hoy - but that presents another question - are their achievements greater than Farah's, making them deserving of a knighthood?

To go back to your original question - if Farah was to be knighted then of course Bolt should (if it's possible) as I don't think anyone will beat what he has done

Yes of course Jamaica is a member of the Commonwealth and the Queen is head of the Commonwealth,
You have Sir Garfield Sobers and Sir Vivienne Richards already so next one would be Sir Usain Bolt if Mo is knighted.

August 22, 2016, 03:33:18 AM
Reply #684

Major Clanger

They mostly prefer nice, fat, brown envelopes.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

August 22, 2016, 04:14:10 AM
Reply #685

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Yes of course Jamaica is a member of the Commonwealth and the Queen is head of the Commonwealth,
You have Sir Garfield Sobers and Sir Vivienne Richards already so next one would be Sir Usain Bolt if Mo is knighted.

I thought so, but I had one of those brain fart moments. Yeah, he should be knighted. He is the definition of a sporting legend.

August 22, 2016, 04:15:38 AM
Reply #686

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber

Fuck. Ing. Hell.

August 22, 2016, 06:05:51 AM
Reply #687

Ross

Fuck. Ing. Hell.

@Macca77 you know it's wrong when a Welsh rugby player gets appalled!
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

August 22, 2016, 06:15:02 AM
Reply #688

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

She would kill you in the sack.

August 22, 2016, 12:54:48 PM
Reply #689

Macca77

She would kill you in the sack.

I do hope so