December 11, 2018, 01:04:59 PM

Author Topic: Newcastle next season  (Read 2827 times)

August 02, 2016, 09:20:04 PM
Read 2827 times

Shogun

Administrator
Do we reckon they will smash the championship then?

Relegated clubs generally don't have a great track record of doing well the following season.

They've bought Ritchie, Gayle, Hanley and Gamez from what I can remember. They've sold Winjnaldum, Cisse, Townsend and will probably sell Sissoko.

Newcastle beat Swansea and Spurs under Benitez at the end of last season but failed to beat Norwich, Sunderland or Villa. Perhaps they might struggle  against the sort of sides in that league?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 02, 2016, 09:21:38 PM
Reply #1

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Think they've bought well for that division.

I suppose like last time they went down that if they get on a roll they'll be hard to stop.

August 02, 2016, 09:22:58 PM
Reply #2

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
They should piss it, tbh.
My momma says I'm special.

August 02, 2016, 09:40:31 PM
Reply #3

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

August 02, 2016, 10:06:38 PM
Reply #4

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
For one whole year at least can we not hear about Newcastle. Let's pretend they don't exist?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

August 02, 2016, 10:40:49 PM
Reply #5

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
Think they will win nearly all their home games but struggle away from home

August 03, 2016, 02:21:49 AM
Reply #6

toffee_scot

If Benitez could make the team click, they should run away with the Championship title by February.

August 03, 2016, 04:06:27 AM
Reply #7

Zoolander

NSNO Subscriber
If they start well they'll walk it - a bad start though, with some tough results, and that league along with their fan expectation will eat them.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 04:06:50 AM by Zoolander »

August 03, 2016, 04:36:55 AM
Reply #8

Gash

Global Moderator
I only miss them because I like an away day at Newcastle, other than that they could fester in League One for all I'd care.

August 03, 2016, 08:03:58 AM
Reply #9

Haile GAZrselassie

Where these ideas come from that they should be 15/8 to win the league I really don't know.

Yes they have some good players in the team but they also have some massive ego's who will probably turn up to most games expecting a walk in the park.

Benitez has no prior experience of the league and they are instantly up against the fact every team in the league will shut up shop and kick them off the pitch at home and away.

As has been said. A bad start and it could all very easily have a sense of typical Newcastle scenario about it.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

August 04, 2016, 04:49:23 PM
Reply #10

Cereal Killer

They've also just bought Diame from Hull and Ciaran Clark from Villa, plus they signed a new keeper Matz Sels as well, so Rafa is pretty much rebuilding the whole team, mainly with decent Championship level players who have experience playing there

so yes they should walk it

August 04, 2016, 06:31:58 PM
Reply #11

hill135

Their problem was most of their big-rep players couldn't even motivate themselves when their Prem status was on the line so how can they be expected to do so playing away at Ipswich?

Seems like they're doing the right thing by shifting out the overpaid, over-rated, under-motivated players and getting in some proper professionals.

August 04, 2016, 10:30:52 PM
Reply #12

Macca77

If they finish top, will they claim it as a major trophy again, just like the last time?

August 04, 2016, 10:36:11 PM
Reply #13

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
They will absolutely smash it.

They've bought championship proven players which is always a good idea.

August 06, 2016, 04:07:46 AM
Reply #14

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Fulham 1-0 Newcastle
lolol
My momma says I'm special.