November 24, 2017, 11:52:55 AM

Author Topic: Martinez gets the Belgium job  (Read 7353 times)

August 04, 2016, 07:08:02 AM
Reply #60

Tony Clifton

A bit of a weird one, but good luck to him.  I'll bet he sleeps like a baby, but with lovely psychedelic football dreams.  He's a fascinating character for sure.   

August 04, 2016, 07:29:32 AM
Reply #61

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not one for heavily criticising managers, owners or players because with rare exceptions they all try to do their best. So I feel a bit guilty writing this.
Earlier in the evening I had a quick glance at the thread about the Man Unt game and saw one or two comments about Belgium and Martinez  but presumed they were jokes and couldn't be bothered trawling back to see what the joke was about.
I passed some comment to my wife as she was finishing the late milking before collecting the eggs and cooking my meal before she scrubbed the kitchen floor where the chickens had capped and we both laughed at the absurdity of the idea.
I hereby promise never to make a football prediction again.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

August 04, 2016, 07:34:57 AM
Reply #62

MexicanToffee

I'm not one for heavily criticising managers, owners or players because with rare exceptions they all try to do their best. So I feel a bit guilty writing this.
Earlier in the evening I had a quick glance at the thread about the Man Unt game and saw one or two comments about Belgium and Martinez  but presumed they were jokes and couldn't be bothered trawling back to see what the joke was about.
I passed some comment to my wife as she was finishing the late milking before collecting the eggs and cooking my meal before she scrubbed the kitchen floor where the chickens had capped and we both laughed at the absurdity of the idea.

I know how you feel. To quote Captain Miller from Saving Private Ryan "Things have just taken a turn for the surreal"
“He loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.”

August 04, 2016, 07:36:59 AM
Reply #63

The Analog Kid

Random

August 04, 2016, 08:01:44 AM
Reply #64

Redartin

Iceland to move further up the world rankings.

There is just no end to the footballing shocks this year.
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

August 04, 2016, 08:57:27 AM
Reply #65

American Evertonian

I honestly can't think of a manager that has "fallen up" more than Roberto. From a relegated team to a historically big club to managing a top 10 country in the world.

How?
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

August 04, 2016, 09:26:13 AM
Reply #66

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Cos he is a pretty good manager who has an incredible agent.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

August 04, 2016, 09:33:42 AM
Reply #67

American Evertonian

Cos he is a manager who has an incredible agent.

Fixed it for you
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

August 04, 2016, 10:10:43 AM
Reply #68

Omar

FUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!

sincerely, Rom.

August 04, 2016, 10:26:51 AM
Reply #69

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
People on here especially do not like to admit it but he is a good manager and he will prove it as Belgium manager and then at some big club after that.

I still maintain that our players let him down as much as anything else.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

August 04, 2016, 10:28:57 AM
Reply #70

Jamokachi

People on here especially do not like to admit it but he is a good manager and he will prove it as Belgium manager and then at some big club after that.

He's got great potential, but he needs to adapt if he is to realise that potential. His footballing philosophy is commendable, but it is flawed. 

August 04, 2016, 11:40:37 AM
Reply #71

BlueBeagle

People on here especially do not like to admit it but he is a good manager

But he's not... At all.

A 7 year trend of making the Premier League clubs he's managed worse season after season and he's a good manager? Ok then.

Must be just extremely unlucky with those fine margins ey.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 11:46:59 AM by BlueBeagle »

August 04, 2016, 11:50:22 AM
Reply #72

montanatoffeefan

I thought at first someone had done some old thread grave-robbing and revived a quote by you from February 2015.

Fucking hell, mate. Fucking hell.

I will say I like the appointment. Only because it may keep Martinez  away from TV commentator jobs in which he'd yammer his chirpy inanities at us for almost two hours while we were trying to enjoy a good game of football.

Still, I think his true calling is as an infomercial host.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 11:53:59 AM by montanatoffeefan »
Everton forever.

August 04, 2016, 01:27:04 PM
Reply #73

christiffa25

Maybe as an international manager and not working with the players on a daily basis his flawed style may not be as potent.

I mean, surely he can't wreck a defence when he only has them 1 week every few months.

I'm just trying to rationalize how anyone with any common sense could come to the decision of appointing this guy.

August 04, 2016, 01:34:42 PM
Reply #74

MmmBlueRamirez

Charmed his way into another high profile job.

Can't say he's not talented in some aspects.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama