December 19, 2018, 08:17:15 AM

Author Topic: Martinez gets the Belgium job  (Read 14031 times)

August 04, 2016, 01:35:40 PM
Reply #75

BlueBeagle

I mean, surely he can't wreck a defence when he only has them 1 week every few months.

Don't underestimate the power of the buffoon

August 04, 2016, 01:39:57 PM
Reply #76

Corinthian

Cos he is a pretty good manager who has an incredible agent.

"Incredible" in the literal sense of the word is probably correct.

August 04, 2016, 01:44:22 PM
Reply #77

Zoolander

NSNO Subscriber
Let's face it. He's gone in and said "Everton were skint and a shit team, they've been skint for years, I took them to two semis, which is phenomenal"
They've gone " yeah Lukaku's dad said they were a bit shit too so you must be right, when can you start?"

August 04, 2016, 02:03:54 PM
Reply #78

KingOfNapaValley

So Lukaku has to keep playing for him? Hahahahaha.

August 04, 2016, 02:49:54 PM
Reply #79

Ridge

August 04, 2016, 03:00:26 PM
Reply #80

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
International football and it's generally slower pace may well suit him down to the ground

August 04, 2016, 03:04:58 PM
Reply #81

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
They had a Belgian journo on the radio this morning who was as shocked as we are.

He said the Belgian FA is skint and offered him €1m, which he's accepted.

August 04, 2016, 03:45:23 PM
Reply #82

Major Clanger

They had a Belgian journo on the radio this morning who was as shocked as we are.

He said the Belgian FA is skint and offered him €1m, which he's accepted.

So they just posted an ad.

"Prestigious FA looks for manager. Can't pay much, entry level job. Must have own shoes."
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

August 04, 2016, 04:17:39 PM
Reply #83

Bwana

After year of Wilmots and now this it's pretty clear that the Belgian FA don't give a shit.

Well. Belgium is a "non-country" anyways so maybe this is just the way things are being handled there. Have to say I just stared at the screen for a while when I read the news today oh boy...
Well there may be no score, but there's certainly no lack of excitement here. As you can see, Nietzsche has just been booked for arguing with the referee. He accused Confucius of having no free will, and Confucius he say, "Name go in book". And this is Nietzsche's third booking in four games.

August 04, 2016, 04:51:53 PM
Reply #84

Cereal Killer

August 04, 2016, 05:34:44 PM
Reply #85

Nicco

I honestly can't think of a manager that has "fallen up" more than Roberto. From a relegated team to a historically big club to managing a top 10 country in the world.

How?
He is the one object in universe made out of atoms that defies gravity!

Ironic since physical play isn't his style!
Jönköpings Södra IF

August 04, 2016, 05:36:22 PM
Reply #86

Hesmenos

Wonder how long it will be before Lukaku starts angling for a move. Talking about how he needs to be playing for a country who is challenging for the title.

August 04, 2016, 05:58:02 PM
Reply #87

Redartin

fenomenaal - it is a Dutch word as I couldn't find the Flemish equivalent.

August 04, 2016, 06:14:24 PM
Reply #88

hill135

This is a truly terrible appointment.

International football is all about using the scarce training time before a tournee to hammer out a functioning system quickly. There is no place whatsoever for lofty ideals and long term projects as the next knockout game is only three days away.

Wilmots was tactically clueless but he at least commanded respect from his players as they would have grown up with him as the face of their national game. The current Belgium team is full of PL players who know Martinez and his teams fairly well so I would doubt he commands the same respect.

August 04, 2016, 06:26:40 PM
Reply #89

Jamokachi

Let's be honest though, the top managers aren't in charge of international teams these days