November 21, 2017, 12:42:47 PM

Author Topic: 2016/17 Season Predictions  (Read 3984 times)

August 07, 2016, 05:40:01 PM
Reply #15

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Champions  - City
2nd - Chelsea
3rd - United
4th - Arsenal
5th - Spurs
6th - Leciester

Bottom 3

Swansea
Burnley
Hull

I think you've missed someone out?
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

deCoubertin

August 07, 2016, 05:45:34 PM
Reply #16

Macca77

I think you've missed someone out?

7th Shite
8th West Ham
9th Everton
10th Southampton

August 07, 2016, 06:21:23 PM
Reply #17

loroloco

12th with Koeman to walk before the end of the season after feeling like heīs been sold a dudd. After 3 poor seasons in a row could be in a difficult position and canīt expect any of our top performers to stay - in such a competitive market and without european football gonna be very difficult to attract top names. Walsh could prove to be our saviour.

Arenīt i Mr. Positive for the future... The delay in sacking Martinez combined with no-one lined up and not getting Koeman until after the euros had started has left us playing catch-up. I fully accept that this is a transitional period but i fear that after (potentially) 3 bad years in a row the re-build could prove to be a lot bigger than we may had imagined.

August 07, 2016, 06:31:24 PM
Reply #18

Shogun

Administrator
Considering the number of flaws we have seen in the side during Pre-season and the feeling of a lack of preparation (I think so, anyway!) ahead of the upcoming season then we can expect a struggle to begin with. Hopefully as the season goes on we can recover and finish around 8th or 9th and have a decent go at the FA Cup which would be an adequate season in my eyes.

If you look at the potential landscape of the Premier League next season then it's likely to be the preferred Sky 6 of Man City, Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool who finish in those places whilst West Ham and Leicester are in a much better place than us as well so I don't expect anything special coming this season.

Who knows though? If Koeman can sort us out defensively then we have players like Deulofeu, Lukaku, Mirallas and Barkley who are all capable of that moment of brilliance so with the right balance, we could win a lot of tight matches this season.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 06:32:59 PM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 07, 2016, 06:50:21 PM
Reply #19

MarcusFenix

I think Stones will go and Lukaku will stay.

I am feeling a tad more optimistic than some about our squad. Martinez lost the players around the new year IMO and with the players currently in the squad we should see an improvement on the performances of the second half of last season.

PL Winners Man United
2nd City
3rd Arsenal
4th Liverpool

Chelsea, Leicester, West Ham, Spurs fighting for EL places

I hope that Koeman sorts us out defensively whilst giving Mirallas, Lukaku, Deulofeu and Barkley the freedom to express themselves. I reckon somewhere between 8th and 10th for us as it stands.

Hull, Swansea and Burnley to be relegated.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 09:40:41 PM by MarcusFenix »
Whats the difference between lust,love and true love? Spits,swallows and gargles

August 07, 2016, 06:53:16 PM
Reply #20

duncandisorderly

Think we'll struggle with the squad we have at the moment, need a few in anyway & still think one or both of Lukaku and Stones will go, so they will need replacing with like for like quality (if this is possible). Prediction at the moment 10th-12th. With 4 new signings (or 5 or 6 depending on Lukaku & Stones) we can finish top 6.

August 07, 2016, 06:57:47 PM
Reply #21

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
It's will be another underwhelming season.

The defence will improve, but that will be countered with a decrease in goals as the front four all flatter to deceive again and we rely heavily on Lukaku.

Lennon and McCarthy will be the victims of the Koeman era and will find game time difficult.

Holgate and Davies will breakthrough, with dowell struggling and getting sent on loan.

Seamus Coleman will reclaim his place as the best right back in the league.

Baines will continue to underperform as age and injuries catch up with him.

And we'll crash out both trophies early doors.

August 07, 2016, 07:01:33 PM
Reply #22

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
City to win it with Lpool 2nd and between Arsenal, Utd and Chelsea fighting for 3rd and 4th.
I think Us and Spurs will be fighting for 6th and 7th.

Leicester to finish mid table.

Watford, Burnley and Swansea for the drop.

I reckon Bournemoth will do very well this season.

West Ham 6th

August 07, 2016, 07:07:24 PM
Reply #23

indiantoffee1975

Top 4 will be:

1 Man Utd
2 Liverpool
3 Man City
4 Chelsea

Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham finish in europa league places.

A transitional season for Everton. Possibly bedding in new players and new system meaning 8th/9th place finish above Stoke and Southampton and maybe Leicester.

Watford,Burnley and Hull to be relegated.

August 07, 2016, 07:19:43 PM
Reply #24

MIG

I'd be pleased enough with a top 8 for now but top 10 is a must. It's a very competitive league now, more so than ever but we will be well organised and tough to beat so with a bit of luck, good form and good fitness we can go with what we have and do ok.
I think we'll make at least 3 signings before the window shuts so could be even better.
Try not to be too negative at this stage. This is the part of the season we can be optimistic! Let it come crashing down later not yet!

August 07, 2016, 07:22:51 PM
Reply #25

Thom

Administrator
League finish: 8th
League Cup: 3rd Round
FA Cup: 4th Round

Lukaku to stay and sign new deal, Stones to go a few days before the window shuts and deadline day to be one frantic 24-hour period of "Just buy anyone!"

August 07, 2016, 07:29:20 PM
Reply #26

Ross

7th.

Shit in both cups.

Mirallas to be player of the season.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

August 07, 2016, 07:48:46 PM
Reply #27

Heisenberg

Important season. It's like the league is really sectioning off between top half and bottom half. Important we're on the right side of it

August 07, 2016, 08:20:19 PM
Reply #28

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I fancy us to come good and get 6th.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

August 07, 2016, 08:35:31 PM
Reply #29

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Worried personally, not seen a great deal of encouraging signs so far.

1. City
2. Spurs
3. Shite
4. Arsenal
5. Utd
6. Chelsea
7. Leicester
8. West Ham
10. Everton

a boring season of lumping the ball up to lukaku and watching it bounce off him.

Ross finds himself out of favour and does not kick on at all.

Deulofeu plays well in the cups and against west brom et al. But when the Derby comes round he totally wets the bed and misses a sitter.

Holgate and Davies both regularly on the bench, agree with Ram that Dowell will probably go out on loan.

Gueye tackles everything on the pitch for the first half of the season and then totally fades away.

Stekelenburg is our number 1.

Stones sold to city before Spurs.

Williams comes in and does well.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.