November 21, 2017, 03:21:51 AM

Author Topic: 2016/17 Season Predictions  (Read 3981 times)

August 07, 2016, 10:25:30 PM
Reply #30

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I've no idea right now. Same for a lot of teams. Potentially we could nick a few boring wins over the first few weeks and set us up for a better season than most would expect at the moment.

deCoubertin

August 07, 2016, 10:29:07 PM
Reply #31

TheBlueBrony

We're gonna win it.
"I am a Phenomenal team player" - Roberto Martinez's CV, 2016

August 07, 2016, 10:59:20 PM
Reply #32

Zoolander

We're gonna win it.
After that fella winning his 10 Leicester bet last year I'll have at least the same on us every year now
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 10:59:37 PM by Zoolander »

August 08, 2016, 12:20:02 AM
Reply #33

bacon sarnie

Relegation battles fumes and general apathy after chrimbo on here but in reality 10th-12th place with a bit of a cup run.

Leicester top four and if there's a god please let her drop United a division. Ta......

August 08, 2016, 12:53:32 AM
Reply #34

Cuttyblue

6th, Lukaku to stay/Stones goes, plenty of 1-0 wins, our lot complaining about style of play.

Will be Clear improvement from last season.

August 08, 2016, 01:08:54 AM
Reply #35

School of Science

Where we are now with present incoming and the way the pre season has panned out, 10th to 12th. And that's if we keep Lukaku and Stones, have not got much enthusiasm for the coming season the way things are and with what I have seen right now. That's despite a new owner, New manager and a Director of Football. But that could all change with two or three top quality signings.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

August 08, 2016, 01:27:42 AM
Reply #36

Dr. Sponge

Everton to finish 9th/10th. Seems to be a lot of teams much stronger than us.

City and Guardiola to flop.

United to finish top.

Spurs to run them close.

Ramsay to be player of the season, but Arsenal fade away as usual.

Sturridge to get injured and The Shite to finish 7th.

Leicester in 8th.

Hull to definitely go down, not sure who else.

Boro to do well.

August 08, 2016, 02:11:09 AM
Reply #37

KoemansNumberTens

City
Liverpool
Spurs
Arsenal

Be amazed if Utd win it. Us 10th-12th a no people like to pretend otherwise but the summer is now getting to be a bit of a shambles and it will tell.

Burnley and Hull will go down without a fight.

Not massively enthused for the new season. It will be a drab 1 supporting Everton.

August 08, 2016, 02:19:21 AM
Reply #38

BlueBeagle

7-10th

Really hope Guardiola flops. The bloke has arrived at 2 clubs now where their current manager has been drop kicked out the way to accommodate 'Pep'.

I was made up that he didn't win the CL at Bayern, something his predecessor managed before being given the elbow and I believe his time there wasn't considered a roaring success amongst Bayern fans.

Fingers crossed he fails miserably at City after, again, undermining a fellow managers position whilst the man was still in charge.

August 08, 2016, 02:21:40 AM
Reply #39

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

August 08, 2016, 03:02:54 AM
Reply #40

charlatan

12th to 14th.

After the initial optimism of Koeman coming in and us having a large transfer kitty, blatently obvious that it's still sell to buy.

Mourinho wanted 4 players going into Utd, and has strengthened the whole spine of the side, centre half, centre midfielder, centre forward and one of the best wingers in Europe.

We've known exactly what has been needed and all we've managed is a midfielder from a relegated side (the worst side in Premier League history no less)

August 08, 2016, 05:04:27 AM
Reply #41

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I can see the term 'transition period' getting mentioned a lot.

August 08, 2016, 06:39:33 AM
Reply #42

TrevorSteven

City gonna have a shit season and I gonna enjoy it. Cant stand Guardiola and medias talk about him beeing God. Taste of failure Pep - you deserve it.

Chelsea gonna be the most boring team of them all and gonna play a lot of 0-0 and narrow wins taking them to CL. Conte gonna get sacked after the season AS Abramovitch wants his team to entertain yet again.

United, that arrogant shit club, have done by far the bestbusiness of them all, destroying everything that is good about football in the process. I hope they fail completely but they are in danger of winning it again making media say Mourinho is fantastic - well who wouldnt when they have the financial cheat-code. Paying those wages would even make Messi come without even Having Euro-League to offer.

Cross my fingers for Leicester destroying football-capitalism once again,  making Lineker offer to masturbate naked on TV.

Then us - we gonna be that grey team nobody cares about. If we have a stormer we may get top 10, I guess we will be hammered by Arsenal and Liverpool will enjoy two big trashings of our mentally weak squad making Koeman resign.

I guess 15th with punters saying its incredible that we ended there with our most talented squad since the 80's.

August 08, 2016, 07:07:45 AM
Reply #43

bluestevie

12th to 14th.

After the initial optimism of Koeman coming in and us having a large transfer kitty, blatently obvious that it's still sell to buy.

Mourinho wanted 4 players going into Utd, and has strengthened the whole spine of the side, centre half, centre midfielder, centre forward and one of the best wingers in Europe.

We've known exactly what has been needed and all we've managed is a midfielder from a relegated side (the worst side in Premier League history no less)

Wrong, Derby, Sunderland and Swindon way way worse than Villa

As for my prediction, 7th-8th after a slow start and the League Cup

'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

August 08, 2016, 03:31:28 PM
Reply #44

charlatan

Wrong, Derby, Sunderland and Swindon way way worse than Villa

As for my prediction, 7th-8th after a slow start and the League Cup

Fucking hell that Derby points total is ridiculous.  My point stands about our transfer activity tho