August 19, 2018, 12:52:11 AM

Author Topic: Gueye Gana be great  (Read 32772 times)

August 19, 2016, 11:08:07 AM
Reply #105

nomorechang

RIP

Fucking hell first Blob makes a return then NmC pops in, this is a very good start to the season, welcome back old friend

Thanks mate.... I spent nearly 5 months in hospital ... nothing really serious, just bloody infections which meant i was attatched to a mid line to put loads of antibiotics into me.. I also had a large cyst on my kidney and a few stones ss well then i hsd 6 weeks in a ward called Aintree to home .. but right now im fine

I didn't know that. That's fucking excellent news. ;D
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

August 28, 2016, 02:30:39 AM
Reply #106

ally2

I am really blown away how good this lad is.  I know we do go over the top sometimes but..genuine question..is he our best player?

August 28, 2016, 02:34:56 AM
Reply #107

hill135

What was his performance like today then lids?

August 28, 2016, 02:35:28 AM
Reply #108

ally2

Well it was great obviously

August 28, 2016, 02:43:48 AM
Reply #109

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

What was his performance like today then lids?

He's got a magnetic attraction to the ball.

Just pops up everywhere.

Looked to get forward too.

August 28, 2016, 02:44:37 AM
Reply #110

bornblue88

hopefully they'll mention his mileage on motd. He, like everyone, tired in the 2nd half but he still had plenty in the locker and he covered so much ground, pressing and intercepting. He was my MOM but I suppose it's good that they gave it to holgate

August 28, 2016, 02:48:32 AM
Reply #111

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
His energy is brilliant, and to use an american sports phrase he's an absolute ball-hawk.  He seems to always pop up in a position to make a challenge or to cut off a way forward to the opposition.  He also seems to use the ball pretty well too when he gets it.

He also seems to play with a smile on his face too which is good to see.  I can imagine him being a very infectious character to have as a team mate and I really like what we've seen so far.

August 28, 2016, 02:50:13 AM
Reply #112

Bluedylan

I thought he was fantastic today. Absolutely everywhere, and used the ball really smartly.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 28, 2016, 02:55:37 AM
Reply #113

KoemansNumberTens

I don't get the shouts that he's not overly good on the ball. He plays some clever short passes, links play, picks it up and runs with it too. He starts a lot of our attacks. He's not gonna get a bagful of assists but he's been good on the ball
Wouldn't sell him for 30m with what I've seen. Honestly (and yes it's early days) think he may turn out to be worldclass. He just wins the ball more than a player should.
Our transfer business as a whole has been fantastic. We wanted more but the 4 we got 42m is brilliant work

August 28, 2016, 02:56:18 AM
Reply #114

ally2

Ok well I'll answer it then - I think he is our best player. I mean the best at what he is job is to do. And that's unusual because my favourite players are usually skilful ones a la Arteta, Pienaar, Manny! etc. I guess this could just be a honeymoon period though.

August 28, 2016, 02:57:54 AM
Reply #115

hill135

Just looked up the stats:

91 percent pass completion from 67 passes
Two key passes
Two successful take ons
Six tackles
One interception

He gets involved alright.

August 28, 2016, 03:00:44 AM
Reply #116

Ari

I noticed one thing today, he lost the ball but did not rage to get it back... he just calmly got the ball back on his own terms.. at least that is my memory from today's game.  He seems to have full control over his temperament which is very good for an aggressive and strong player like he is. 

August 28, 2016, 03:07:51 AM
Reply #117

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Just looked up the stats:

91 percent pass completion from 67 passes
Two key passes
Two successful take ons
Six tackles
One interception

He gets involved alright.
No way he only had one interception?
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

August 28, 2016, 03:12:36 AM
Reply #118

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

No way he only had one interception?

Might only count if you control the ball yourself.

Can remember at least a handful of occasions where he's got a toe on the ball and caused them to lose the ball.

August 28, 2016, 03:20:44 AM
Reply #119

School of Science

I am really blown away how good this lad is.  I know we do go over the top sometimes but..genuine question..is he our best player?

I can see the similarities to Kante, the lad is brilliant, what a find.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15