December 18, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Author Topic: Gueye Gana be great  (Read 38579 times)

August 14, 2016, 04:15:59 AM
Reply #30

Alanvideo

How and why?

Please explain. Cos he is small and non-white. nothing about him was at all like Pienaar.
............why bring race into it ?
were you at the game ?
I din't say he plays the Pienaar role.
He reminds me of Pienaar because he doesn't shirk a tackle ,he has a little nasty streak ,he can pick a pass and link up play ,he is competitive.  Is that enough ?
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 14, 2016, 04:20:34 AM
Reply #31

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
How and why?

Please explain. Cos he is small and non-white. nothing about him was at all like Pienaar.

He used his body well.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 14, 2016, 04:25:08 AM
Reply #32

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Just seen his MotM interview on the OS. Buzzing for the little fella. Could end up being a bit of a cult hero for us.

Well I got an away shirt with his name and number on it. Love him already
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 14, 2016, 04:27:27 AM
Reply #33

charlatan

Reminded me of Olivier Dacourt in his size and his tenacity. Had a real go at everyone. He's going to be a crowd favourite if he carries on like that

What a player he was.  Was gutted when he left the next summer

August 14, 2016, 04:28:23 AM
Reply #34

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
What a player he was.  Was gutted when he left the next summer

Me too. And then he ended up at Leeds
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 14, 2016, 06:06:26 AM
Reply #35

Ross

He's going to be better than Besic at this rate.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

August 14, 2016, 06:08:51 AM
Reply #36

Ross

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

August 14, 2016, 06:09:20 AM
Reply #37

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Reminds me of Shane Duffy

You racist piece of garbage.

August 14, 2016, 07:49:00 AM
Reply #38

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Koeman's comments interesting :

"He's there to tackle, win balls and be energetic in the midfield [sic] maybe the cleverness on the ball - that's for Barry."

So basically, the role we should expect from Gueye is pure sweeper, disrupt the opposition play and give the ball to Gareth Barry as soon as possible.

Sounds be like he agrees with your assessment @Bluedylan - Gueye will always be partnered with a baller.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 14, 2016, 08:44:35 AM
Reply #39

carolinablue

I thought he was excellent,  will only get better.

August 14, 2016, 08:52:21 AM
Reply #40

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Reminds me of wee Jimmy Krankie.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 14, 2016, 09:08:23 AM
Reply #41

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 14, 2016, 02:36:37 PM
Reply #42

efcforlife

He was good yesterday but nothing more, and will have to improve if he's going to be what we need going forward.(for the future)

The response to his performance on here says a lot about how desperate Martinez left us.

Putting your foot in and being competitive should be a given.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 02:38:21 PM by efcforlife »

August 14, 2016, 03:08:03 PM
Reply #43

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

He was good yesterday but nothing more, and will have to improve if he's going to be what we need going forward.(for the future)

The response to his performance on here says a lot about how desperate Martinez left us.

Putting your foot in and being competitive should be a given.

It's not just that.

Being in the right place to make tackles / interceptions isn't just a case of wanting to stick your foot in.

He's clearly been bought as someone to do that and to then give it to the better technical players.

There have been lots of successful sides over the years who have done this.

August 14, 2016, 03:34:08 PM
Reply #44

Redartin

Reminds me of wee guy who played for Villa last season.
He stood out cause he was the only one who played for Villa last season.