December 15, 2018, 12:55:44 AM

Author Topic: Gueye Gana be great  (Read 38427 times)

December 06, 2016, 04:20:35 AM
Reply #330

kramer0

Sure, but going off this thread the guy has become Makelele or Gattusso.

He's a decent player but we need the complete player and they are out there for decent prices.

Can you get Steve Walsh in touch with Scott Brown?

December 06, 2016, 04:21:30 AM
Reply #331

Thomas

Can you get Steve Walsh in touch with Scott Brown?

Broonie is not a complete player. But I liked the joke pal.

December 06, 2016, 04:25:47 AM
Reply #332

Jamokachi

Like pulling teeth

December 06, 2016, 04:32:06 AM
Reply #333

bigmanbob

The guy is a freak. He just doesn't put a foot wrong.
I'd argue that for a few games recently he's been below the fantastically high standards he set when he first came to us. But the last couple of games he's been back to his best

December 06, 2016, 04:42:01 AM
Reply #334

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
So just because he runs around and has an engine and makes a tackle/interception he is a hero now is he? Typical modern day Everton fan philosophy.

He's been playing well and is decent at what he does but nothing more. He does not set up or score goals or spot a pass. To be top 4 that's what we need. Leicester got Kante for 3m less than we got Gana and Kante is twice the player Gana is.

I like the lad quite a bit but lets say it how it is  - to be frank he is fucking limited. Gareth Barry who I have little time for has more intelligence on the pitch than this guy who is the wrong end of his 20s.

Fucking hell mate you must have hated Peter Reid

December 06, 2016, 05:02:47 AM
Reply #335

Gash

Global Moderator
He's been playing well and is decent at what he does but nothing more. He does not set up or score goals or spot a pass. To be top 4 that's what we need. Leicester got Kante for 3m less than we got Gana and Kante is twice the player Gana is.

Did you see Trowel's post above yours? That's what a DM does, puts in a tackle and breaks up play, it's not their job to beat 5 players, make a defence splitting pass or score a worldy every week. Look at Gueye's stats against Kante last season, in pretty much every department their stats were very similar, passes made, pass completion, tackles made, interceptions made, even distance covered despite Gueye playing for the champions and Kante playing in one of the worst teams in the Premier League, to say Kante is twice the player is complete rubbish.

It's just more agenda driven bollocks from you and has been for about 18 months now, everyone pretty much knows your posts word for word and you're adding nothing new or interesting.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 05:43:19 AM by Gash »

December 06, 2016, 05:14:52 AM
Reply #336

ally2

Apparently he won 75% of his tackles on Sunday! 

December 06, 2016, 05:15:12 AM
Reply #337

Jamokachi

Fucking hell mate you must have hated Peter Reid

He's not fucking old enough to remember! Condescending other fans as though he's been privy to Everton glory years... It's fucking rude at best. 

December 06, 2016, 05:47:48 AM
Reply #338

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
How about people give their constant state of denial a rest?

Thats another problem with the likes of you @Lxxx and some of our fans - fingers in the ears and 'sit down shut up' with anything they disagree with.

The fact is we love limited players like Gana and Ashley Williams and ones who cannot get into a Norwich team like Naismith,  but have no time for John Stones, Ross Barkley etc who get the height of abuse.

I respect AW and Gana but unlike some of our fans I'm prepared to acknowledge just how completely limited they are and how signing and not improving on them will not get us in the top 4.

The fact is we have a shit team and all's we are doing for a comfort blanket is looking for a chink of light and alls Gana has done is looked half interested. Thats the bare minimum I expect from an Everton player.

From now on I am passing an NSNO decree that the poster formerly known as @Thomas will
now be known as @Phil Connors
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

December 06, 2016, 07:27:42 AM
Reply #339

Bally

Administrator

Thats another problem with the likes of you @Lxxx and some of our fans - fingers in the ears and 'sit down shut up' with anything they disagree with.

The fact is we love limited players like Gana and Ashley Williams and ones who cannot get into a Norwich team like Naismith,  but have no time for John Stones, Ross Barkley etc who get the height of abuse.

I respect AW and Gana but unlike some of our fans I'm prepared to acknowledge just how completely limited they are and how signing and not improving on them will not get us in the top 4.

The fact is we have a shit team and all's we are doing for a comfort blanket is looking for a chink of light and alls Gana has done is looked half interested. Thats the bare minimum I expect from an Everton player.

Right... Stop with all the "likes of you" shit you've said what you need to say, multiple fucking times now, we get it, you're a fan but not a fan and you think all but you is wrong, stop the fucking  banging on and calling people because they don't agree, remember opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one, just some are more full of shit than others.
It's the roll I way

December 06, 2016, 03:15:23 PM
Reply #340

Lxxx

He's a decent player but we need the complete player and they are out there for decent prices.

I'm not too sure how many players would pop up on Steve Walsh's spreadsheet when he adds in the filters 'Complete player' , 'decent price' and 'willing to sign for Everton.' I'm thinking he might get an 'Error' message pop up.

December 06, 2016, 03:23:25 PM
Reply #341

BlueNoseMike

Makelele and Gattusso were never complete midfielders. They did exactly what Gana did, intercept, screen the defence, tackle and press at the right times and get the ball to a team mate as quick as possible.

Gana has been the signing of the season by any team this year! Yes we need a more complete midfielder but not to replace Gana, to work with Gana in the team.

1st name on the team sheet every week for me, he's been as good as Kante this season.

December 06, 2016, 04:19:51 PM
Reply #342

KoemansNumberTens

Gueye does his job brilliantly. Stones and Barkley often don't do their job

Gueye is a fantastic player. Stones is a defender who can't actually defend very well.

December 06, 2016, 04:21:34 PM
Reply #343

hill135

@Thomas man you have erected the biggest straw man I've ever seen in this thread.

You see the game in a different way and that's fine but do try and avoid talking down to people.

December 06, 2016, 04:29:01 PM
Reply #344

Major Clanger

We have our very own Reg Shoe :)
I didn't even remember I had a signature.