August 19, 2018, 10:47:30 PM

Author Topic: Gueye Gana be great  (Read 32843 times)

February 06, 2018, 12:12:45 AM
Reply #375

Dr. Sponge

Although Gueye does leave holes, maybe he's being told to hunt the ball down. So why isn't he bein covered for? When Davies plays I think he slots in comfortable in any part of the midfield. Gueye, Davies and Rooney are the best combo of what we have available.

February 06, 2018, 12:48:05 AM
Reply #376

blue slug

Gana chasing crisp packets whilst Barton chases beak wraps.

Is that new on the menu at KFC

February 06, 2018, 02:52:48 AM
Reply #377

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Totally lost me at Barton calling someone else braindead

February 06, 2018, 06:10:43 AM
Reply #378

Thomas

I agree with Barton. Barton chose inflammatory language and its uneccesary to make comments connected to brain conditions, but I questioned Gana's ability 18 months ago to a height of abuse on here, because you cannot get into most Evertonians heads that Gana is fucking limited. Our fans make him out to be Yaya Toure or Gattusso. He isn't. He's shit. Whenever we played in Europe he got found out, and up against your Lingards and Lamelas and Erikksen's he cannot handle any players of serious quality. He can barely deal with Oxlade Chamberlain, Emre Can or Jordan Henderson.

The problem is our fans make assessments of players based on being a top 12 team when we are aiming to be top 6 at least.

So basically Joey, I think your a bit of an intellectual narcissistic arse hole, but well said . Quite possibly my response to your comments repeats your own mistakes of self righteousness, but you spoke the truth and our fans who back limited football and its proponents to the hilt (Niasse, Schenderlin, Gana, Ashley Williams, Allardyce) as usual don't  like it  one bit despite their very attitude making Barkley and Stones move on to clubs that actually win things. The same to a lesser extent has happened to Lookman who bizarrely our manager told not to sign for Leipzig as it was too big a step for him, yet he scores the winner for them the other night.

Once again - I said Naismith was shit - he's now not even in the Norwich team. I said Schnederlin was shit before the end of last season and got hell on earth for it, he is now being torn apart. I said Barry was finished and he got shifted to West Brom. I said Tom Davies is at the moment/at best Championship level and 6 months too late everybody is questioning him beyond the socks down/Ronan Keating lookalike impression he plays in centre midfield. I never had any time for Ashley Williams either.

People need to start listening because often what i say about players has frequently become the truth. We need to stop holding a candle out to limited footballers like Gana. The only genuinely good player in our team at the moment is Seamas Colmeman. The rest play like cowards who run around a pitch with complete confusion.

I love Everton and if I'm going to have to pay 45 quid for the sum of watching players like Gana being lauded by our fans, by the time we win anything I'll be dead.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 06:21:22 AM by Thomas »

February 06, 2018, 06:28:23 AM
Reply #379

bluestevie

I agree with Barton. Barton chose inflammatory language and its uneccesary to make comments connected to brain conditions, but I questioned Gana's ability 18 months ago to a height of abuse on here, because you cannot get into most Evertonians heads that Gana is fucking limited. Our fans make him out to be Yaya Toure or Gattusso. He isn't. He's shit. Whenever we played in Europe he got found out, and up against your Lingards and Lamelas and Erikksen's he cannot handle any players of serious quality. He can barely deal with Oxlade Chamberlain, Emre Can or Jordan Henderson.

The problem is our fans make assessments of players based on being a top 12 team when we are aiming to be top 6 at least.

So basically Joey, I think your a bit of an intellectual narcissistic arse hole, but well said . Quite possibly my response to your comments repeats your own mistakes of self righteousness, but you spoke the truth and our fans who back limited football and its proponents to the hilt (Niasse, Schenderlin, Gana, Ashley Williams, Allardyce) as usual don't  like it  one bit despite their very attitude making Barkley and Stones move on to clubs that actually win things. The same to a lesser extent has happened to Lookman who bizarrely our manager told not to sign for Leipzig as it was too big a step for him, yet he scores the winner for them the other night.

Once again - I said Naismith was shit - he's now not even in the Norwich team. I said Schnederlin was shit before the end of last season and got hell on earth for it, he is now being torn apart. I said Barry was finished and he got shifted to West Brom. I said Tom Davies is at the moment/at best Championship level and 6 months too late everybody is questioning him beyond the socks down/Ronan Keating lookalike impression he plays in centre midfield. I never had any time for Ashley Williams either.

People need to start listening because often what i say about players has frequently become the truth. We need to stop holding a candle out to limited footballers like Gana. The only genuinely good player in our team at the moment is Seamas Colmeman. The rest play like cowards who run around a pitch with complete confusion.

I love Everton and if I'm going to have to pay 45 quid for the sum of watching players like Gana being lauded by our fans, by the time we win anything I'll be dead.

Oh joy another Thomas lecture, bore off mate
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

February 06, 2018, 06:31:38 AM
Reply #380

Thomas

Oh joy another Thomas lecture, bore off mate

Fantastic answer. The persistence with the lad and denial that he is crap is equally boring.

Tell me why I am wrong and that Gana is so good.

I just said put up against any decent side he cannot handle it.

Be honest, him and Tom Davies are the undeserving darlings of our fans.

February 06, 2018, 06:32:37 AM
Reply #381

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I'd argue we play best when both Gana and Davies play together
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

February 06, 2018, 06:35:12 AM
Reply #382

Thomas

I'd argue we play best when both Gana and Davies play together

I dont like either of them but it beats Schenderlin and Gana.

February 06, 2018, 06:38:59 AM
Reply #383

bluestevie

Fantastic answer. The persistence with the lad and denial that he is crap is equally boring.

Tell me why I am wrong and that Gana is so good.

I just said put up against any decent side he cannot handle it.

Be honest, him and Tom Davies are the undeserving darlings of our fans.

Put him with someone other than Morgan Shitehawk and he thrives, Davies has been poor in recent weeks, no one would deny that. Gueye gets plaudits because more often than not he has a great game and gets himself around the pitch, often chasing tackles that Shitehawk pulls out from. Fans will always back players that put the damn shift in for that shirt

February 06, 2018, 06:42:54 AM
Reply #384

Thomas

Put him with someone other than Morgan Shitehawk and he thrives, Davies has been poor in recent weeks, no one would deny that. Gueye gets plaudits because more often than not he has a great game and gets himself around the pitch, often chasing tackles that Shitehawk pulls out from. Fans will always back players that put the damn shift in for that shirt

Right so at least we are talking. However does Gana possess any of the qualities needed in even a top 8 midfielder? Are we seriously playing a 7.1m midfielder up against all the level of our rivals?

February 06, 2018, 06:57:40 AM
Reply #385

Ravardo

I reckon you aint gotta clue,,heres a snipet from a article about kante not being the best Defensive mid anymore

While Kante is on the decline (or, perhaps more fairly, is not getting any better), there are others in the Premier League who are beginning to step up to his level.

Wilfred Ndidi, the player signed by Leicester to replace Kante, leads the way this season for the highest number of tackles (91). Behind him in second place is Everton's Idrissa Gueye, the only player other than Kante to make more than 300 tackles since August 2015 (he is on 353, 14 behind the Chelsea man).

Kante has also slipped down the pecking order for interceptions this season: his tally of 36 is one short of Gueye's 37 and is level with Southampton's Oriol Romeu, who has shone in a poor side. Morgan Schneiderlin, Nemanja Matic, Davy Propper and Yohan Cabaye have all made more interceptions than Kante, too.     https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2018/01/10/kante-no-longer-premier-leagues-best-defensive-midfielder

February 06, 2018, 07:01:27 AM
Reply #386

Thomas

I reckon you aint gotta clue,,heres a snipet from a article about kante not being the best Defensive mid anymore

While Kante is on the decline (or, perhaps more fairly, is not getting any better), there are others in the Premier League who are beginning to step up to his level.

Wilfred Ndidi, the player signed by Leicester to replace Kante, leads the way this season for the highest number of tackles (91). Behind him in second place is Everton's Idrissa Gueye, the only player other than Kante to make more than 300 tackles since August 2015 (he is on 353, 14 behind the Chelsea man).

Kante has also slipped down the pecking order for interceptions this season: his tally of 36 is one short of Gueye's 37 and is level with Southampton's Oriol Romeu, who has shone in a poor side. Morgan Schneiderlin, Nemanja Matic, Davy Propper and Yohan Cabaye have all made more interceptions than Kante, too.     https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2018/01/10/kante-no-longer-premier-leagues-best-defensive-midfielder

If you want to get all empirical about it, let me reply with this

Our manager is lauded for using stats and sports science. He used it to sign Tosun as the stats 'showed' he was the best in that price category. Other players have been signed and failed on the same basis.

Football is about opinions and what you see on the pitch, not stats. You cannot tell me Gana is better than Matic. Common sense tells you he isn't.

My point is playing with a DM purely there to break play up does not work. If you want to be a top 6 team you need a Roy Keane type player.

Like I said, our fans assess players with the mentality of a top 12 team. Its why we wanted to sign Troy Deeney in the summer for gods sake.

February 06, 2018, 07:12:08 AM
Reply #387

bluestevie

Right so at least we are talking. However does Gana possess any of the qualities needed in even a top 8 midfielder? Are we seriously playing a 7.1m midfielder up against all the level of our rivals?

75% success rate in tackles, 694 duels won, 106 successful 50/50s, 793 recoveries in less than 3 seasons, one of which was in a team that eventually went down and he was one of the bright sparks. Aaron Ramsey has a similar tackle rate, Kante has less, Henderson has less, Fernandinho has less, Fellaini has slightly better (and has been in and out of United team), Dembele has the best of the 6 examples I've used and even that is only 6% better than Idrissa

February 06, 2018, 07:16:36 AM
Reply #388

Ravardo

February last year gana comes 2nd in the best 5 defensive mids kante,,gana,,herrera,,wanyama and romeu no mention of matic

February 06, 2018, 07:17:24 AM
Reply #389

Thomas

75% success rate in tackles, 694 duels won, 106 successful 50/50s, 793 recoveries in less than 3 seasons, one of which was in a team that eventually went down and he was one of the bright sparks. Aaron Ramsey has a similar tackle rate, Kante has less, Henderson has less, Fernandinho has less, Fellaini has slightly better (and has been in and out of United team), Dembele has the best of the 6 examples I've used and even that is only 6% better than Idrissa

Are you seriously arguing Aaron Ramsey is not as good as Gana? I get you tried to make the point about perception vs reality with the Fellani example but I still think your doing what Tory ministers do when told the NHS is in crisis yet the use stats to dispute this  .

What Evertonians essentially do is use stats to defend a reasonably priced car. I'll hold my hands up and say Stevie that sure, my contentions dont suit the stats. But data based analysis isn't always the best method. I mean, we can all see that with how our 'sports scientist' obssessed coach cant judge a player at all.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 07:19:00 AM by Thomas »