November 13, 2018, 09:40:14 PM

Author Topic: Gueye Gana be great  (Read 37298 times)

August 14, 2016, 02:24:57 AM
Read 37298 times

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
It was a great performance but you can see he's not natural on the ball. A few poor touches touches and under hit passes.

Yeah. At 26 you wonder how much better he can get with that.

Today it didn't cause us any issues at all but in future his giving the ball away easy could cost us.

August 14, 2016, 02:41:01 AM
Reply #1

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
MOTM for me, tell me a player who doesn't give the ball away a few times during 90 minutes.

McCarthy

August 14, 2016, 03:02:50 AM
Reply #2

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Although of course it's very difficult to play against Spurs.

Yeah true. To be fair I'm only going off what I heard from others who have followed him closely before he signed for us about his strengths/weaknesses. So I've gone into the game looking out for how good he was on the ball and some of what he did seemed to confirm what I've heard. Definitely happy to be proven wrong though.

August 28, 2016, 06:58:11 AM
Reply #3

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Early days as others have said,  but so far confirmation if it were needed that Villa fans are fucking morons. Most were happy to see him go!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 06:58:31 AM by Ell Capitan »

September 18, 2016, 01:02:02 PM
Reply #4

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I'm never asking a Villa fan for their opinion on anything again.

September 18, 2016, 06:59:31 PM
Reply #5

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
It's interesting, the last 2 games he's frequently been further forward positionally than before, generally further down the pitch than Barry.

Wonder if that's Koeman wanting us to pose more attacking threat against weaker teams, and trusting Gueye to get back when he needs to, or if it's more that he's seeing more and more the attacking qualities that Gueye can bring.

September 18, 2016, 09:19:56 PM
Reply #6

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Well I knew he was fucking amazing and that he'd absolutely smash it for us.

But I decided to play it cool on here and instead only talk about how Villa fans kept saying how doesn't put in much effort and always gives the ball away.

Called it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 09:20:41 PM by Ell Capitan »

September 18, 2016, 11:14:09 PM
Reply #7

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Happy to be proved wrong if someone can show me evidence that they called the signing a master stroke at the time. If they did they get my utmost respect.

I texted how great I thought he was Jim White. I'd ask him to read my text out on the radio, but you probably wouldn't believe it so what's the point.

February 20, 2018, 01:39:18 AM
Reply #8

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Has someone checked the club twitter feed for when we last played Liverpool in the league?

Itís probably buried away there.