November 16, 2018, 02:37:49 AM

Author Topic: Gueye Gana be great  (Read 37457 times)

August 15, 2016, 01:14:08 AM
Read 37457 times

Gash

Global Moderator
Absolutely, it might be ok with you or get boring when people are just a little racist.

It isn't with me. It's frankly disgusting.

There's a report to moderator button, use that if you think someone's being racist and we'll collectively look at it rather than accusing people of racism all the time.

August 15, 2016, 05:18:35 AM
Reply #1

Gash

Global Moderator
Reminds me of wee Jimmy Krankie.

We've signed Nicola Sturgeon?

September 15, 2016, 11:59:28 PM
Reply #2

Gash

Global Moderator
A kopite in work today told me we've a good squad but deperately need a central midfielder, like a Kante type player.  :snigger:

Mind, he did then say that Milner is their best central midfielder so it's no surprise he knows fuck all about other clubs squads.  :eh:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 12:00:36 AM by Gash »

September 18, 2016, 05:34:37 AM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator
He's seriously good. Like a Duracell bunny. He'll extend Jags' career playing in front of him, he never leaves the centre halves exposed.

All the defenders are benefiting from him. There was a point where Baines had pushed forward but lost the ball and when Boro broke forward with 2 down the left Gueye was there covering the left hand side until Baines got back.

I've got serious "I love this cunt" for him. :)

September 18, 2016, 06:49:50 PM
Reply #4

Gash

Global Moderator
Remember the fume from people moaning that all we'd spent was 7m on a relegated Villa player.  :snigger:

September 18, 2016, 07:36:09 PM
Reply #5

Gash

Global Moderator
Yes a bit of it was mine but thats footy . Better than making out you knew he was the nads though .

I didn't, in fact I don't think I'd ever seen him play. But then neither had plenty people who genuinely formed an opinion on Villa and 7m, which is just stupid.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 07:38:28 PM by Gash »

September 18, 2016, 10:10:13 PM
Reply #6

Gash

Global Moderator
Which was everyone on here. Bar none.

No it wasn't.

September 18, 2016, 10:25:57 PM
Reply #7

Gash

Global Moderator
Happy to be proved wrong if someone can show me evidence that they called the signing a master stroke at the time. If they did they get my utmost respect.

That's not what I said though, I didn't say anyone claimed it as a masterstroke. It was a light hearted comment about the handful of people who moaned that we bought a Villa player and despite having a billionaire were only spending 7m on a player. It wasn't intended to become a big topic of conversation to be honest.

December 06, 2016, 05:02:47 AM
Reply #8

Gash

Global Moderator
He's been playing well and is decent at what he does but nothing more. He does not set up or score goals or spot a pass. To be top 4 that's what we need. Leicester got Kante for 3m less than we got Gana and Kante is twice the player Gana is.

Did you see Trowel's post above yours? That's what a DM does, puts in a tackle and breaks up play, it's not their job to beat 5 players, make a defence splitting pass or score a worldy every week. Look at Gueye's stats against Kante last season, in pretty much every department their stats were very similar, passes made, pass completion, tackles made, interceptions made, even distance covered despite Gueye playing for the champions and Kante playing in one of the worst teams in the Premier League, to say Kante is twice the player is complete rubbish.

It's just more agenda driven bollocks from you and has been for about 18 months now, everyone pretty much knows your posts word for word and you're adding nothing new or interesting.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 05:43:19 AM by Gash »

February 07, 2018, 02:26:25 AM
Reply #9

Gash

Global Moderator
Well the price is relevant (to a degree) because it's a barometer against his peers.

The reason it was 7m was because it was a deliberately low relegation clause as Villa probably thought it would never be activated, after the season he'd had he was easily worth north if 10m without the clause. They paid 9m for him season before, which was still a decent sized fee for a player even though it was only 2 1/2 years ago.

February 07, 2018, 02:35:16 AM
Reply #10

Gash

Global Moderator
I know the reasons mate, it's still absurdly low, whether they thought relegation a possibility or not.

That was the benefit to us, getting him so cheap. The point is, as you've just said it was absurdly low so shouldn't really be used as a stick to beat him with like Thomas has or saying it's a barometer against his peers, we got him far cheaper than he would have been without the clause.

February 07, 2018, 02:44:40 AM
Reply #11

Gash

Global Moderator
Not a stick in any way. Absurdly low in comparison to how he's turned out, but a figure Villa were happy to put against his name. Desperation to get a deal done will have obviously been a factor, but if they though he was a top, top player (I'm talking CL standard) there's no way they'd have agreed, I don't think.

That was Villa's own fault, the new owner came out and said he was angry at the previous regime insisting on release clauses, they only got 8m for Delph as well, 6 months after he'd signed a 5 year deal.

February 19, 2018, 09:07:11 PM
Reply #12

Gash

Global Moderator
Story doing the rounds that he signed a contract extension back in October until 2022 according to the FA website

It was widely reported at the time that he was getting/signed a new contract but I don't think the club ever confirmed it?