November 17, 2018, 06:42:03 PM

Author Topic: Gueye Gana be great  (Read 37546 times)

September 17, 2016, 06:52:14 PM
Reply #15

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Soccer isn't an Americanism, but it has certainly been adopted by Americans to distinguish it from their version. And if you want to be totally accurate, football should be applied to rugby seeing as it was invented first and soccer to association football.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

September 17, 2016, 07:23:22 PM
Reply #16

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He's certainly helped us to a lot of shut outs this season. He's the bomb!
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

September 18, 2016, 05:51:35 AM
Reply #17

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I was once referred to as an Englishman by an American. I tried to put him right, but he insisted that it was the same thing. So I started to refer to him as a Canadian. He didn't like that

I'm always being mixed up with Australian, but I guess that makes sense.

September 18, 2016, 03:03:20 PM
Reply #18

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
What a find. Think he's the perfect foil for the midfield we have. He reminds me of a rock hard Piennar with the work rate and lovely touches. He passes a ball so precisely. Made up with him... and us.
Oh be careful with that comparison. Last time it was made the poster was somehow accused of racism.

September 18, 2016, 07:02:05 PM
Reply #19

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
It's interesting, the last 2 games he's frequently been further forward positionally than before, generally further down the pitch than Barry.

Wonder if that's Koeman wanting us to pose more attacking threat against weaker teams, and trusting Gueye to get back when he needs to, or if it's more that he's seeing more and more the attacking qualities that Gueye can bring.

He certainly has the energy and pace. He seems more omnipresent than god himself.

February 06, 2018, 08:49:51 AM
Reply #20

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He’s simply a better version of Carsley. His stats are very good but he’s never going to be a top 4 player. If we want to compete we do need better but as a squad player at that stage is perfect.

He and Schneiderlin should never play together though.

February 21, 2018, 01:36:04 AM
Reply #21

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
And in other news Dixie Dean just notched his 60th goal of what has been a very fine campaign for the young player.