December 15, 2018, 11:09:55 AM

Author Topic: Gueye Gana be great  (Read 38441 times)

August 15, 2016, 10:46:05 AM
Read 38441 times

Jamokachi

Interesting that Villa fans didn't rate Gueye boy

Many did

December 06, 2016, 04:25:47 AM
Reply #1

Jamokachi

Like pulling teeth

December 06, 2016, 05:15:12 AM
Reply #2

Jamokachi

Fucking hell mate you must have hated Peter Reid

He's not fucking old enough to remember! Condescending other fans as though he's been privy to Everton glory years... It's fucking rude at best. 

December 07, 2016, 07:25:37 AM
Reply #3

Jamokachi

Gattuso was shite

What a fucking ridiculous statement

July 21, 2017, 03:55:26 PM
Reply #4

Jamokachi

Look at him. The sexy specimen.

July 21, 2017, 04:41:11 PM
Reply #5

Jamokachi

Him and Morgs are my faves

Ebony, and ivoryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

February 06, 2018, 08:09:37 AM
Reply #6

Jamokachi

Gana is far from crap and "braindead". He's a spoiler, and a damned good one. But, he is very limited with the ball. That has to be accepted, and it's why he's at the top of his level... rather than someone like Kante who does both roles. There's a reason we got Gana for 7m, and for that he's an absolute bargain. He's not someone who will take us to the next level though.

February 06, 2018, 03:11:23 PM
Reply #7

Jamokachi

Wasnt the reason we got him for 7m cause he had a relegation clause, nothing to do with his ability?

It's one and the same though, isn't it. If he was deemed to be a top, top player that clause would have been much greater.

February 06, 2018, 03:27:33 PM
Reply #8

Jamokachi

I don't see the relevance of his price tag?

He's a good player and is coming in for criticism now because it's his turn. People have got sick of slagging off Williams and Morgan and the others so let's turn our attention to Pickford and Gana.

Well the price is relevant (to a degree) because it's a barometer against his peers.

Just to be clear, I love the lad. Think he's superb at what he does and has been a great addition. He has flaws in his game, which are evident when he has time on the ball. Nothing wrong with admitting a player has a weakness to their game, no matter how good they are.

February 06, 2018, 03:39:33 PM
Reply #9

Jamokachi

Oh, and I certainly don't agree with Barton's analogy (kid with a crisp packet). That's not the weak part to his game. Hunting out the ball, and being that 'spoiler' is exactly what he's great at.

February 07, 2018, 02:29:32 AM
Reply #10

Jamokachi

The reason it was 7m was because it was a deliberately low relegation clause as Villa probably thought it would never be activated, after the season he'd had he was easily worth north if 10m without the clause. They paid 9m for him season before, which was still a decent sized fee for a player even though it was only 2 1/2 years ago.

I know the reasons mate, it's still absurdly low, whether they thought relegation a possibility or not.

February 07, 2018, 02:39:25 AM
Reply #11

Jamokachi

That was the benefit to us, getting him so cheap. The point is, as you've just said it was absurdly low so shouldn't really be used as a stick to beat him with like Thomas has or saying it's a barometer against his peers, we got him far cheaper than he would have been without the clause.

Not a stick in any way. Absurdly low in comparison to how he's turned out, but a figure Villa were happy to put against his name. Desperation to get a deal done will have obviously been a factor, but if they though he was a top, top player (I'm talking CL standard) there's no way they'd have agreed, I don't think.

March 05, 2018, 08:44:38 AM
Reply #12

Jamokachi

Compare Gana to Eric Dier. Who for reasons i never understood Moyes let go.

Eric Dier was on loan. We never "let him go".