October 21, 2018, 01:08:59 AM

Author Topic: Gueye Gana be great  (Read 34826 times)

February 05, 2018, 05:14:06 PM
Read 34826 times

Waltzer

As much as I dont want to agree with Barton I think I do to a certain extent on this occasion, Gueye makes himself look busy by running everywhere but ive said it before, I think he leaves huge holes in the team as hes never where he should be and this cause everyone else to get exposed. Hes not the biggest problem but someone does need to tell him where he needs to play.

Joey Barton has told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, which was broadcast on TalkSPORT on 5th February, that Everton midfielder Idrissa Gueye is braindead.

Gueye was selected to start in Everton’s last match, as they were beaten 5-1 by Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium.

And Barton has hammered the central midfielder, as he believes Gueye has no positional sense.

“Idrissa Gueye. Remember when kids were on the play ground and they all chase after the ball, and then somebody runs off because a crisp packet blows across the play ground and he’s braindead? That’s Gueye. I think Schneiderlin is terrible, but it doesn’t help having him alongside him because the amount of times he vacates the middle of the park,” Barton raged.

“Evertonians tell me he’s a good player, I can’t have it.”

Gueye was one of the worst players on the pitch, as Everton suffered a humiliating defeat against Arsenal.

The Toffees were absolutely horrendous, as Arsenal picked up a comfortable three points. The Gunners tore Sam Allardyce’s side apart time after time, with Everton’s defensive play absolutely awful.

Everton have won just once in their last nine matches, with the pressure seriously building on Allardyce.

Everton are now in 10th place in the Premier League standings, but they still sit seven points above the drop zone, with the Merseyside outfit looking likely to finish in mid-table this term.

February 06, 2018, 01:23:11 PM
Reply #1

Waltzer

Gana is far from crap and "braindead". He's a spoiler, and a damned good one. But, he is very limited with the ball. That has to be accepted, and it's why he's at the top of his level... rather than someone like Kante who does both roles. There's a reason we got Gana for 7m, and for that he's an absolute bargain. He's not someone who will take us to the next level though.

Wasnt the reason we got him for 7m cause he had a relegation clause, nothing to do with his ability? Gana is okay, but hes nowhere near good enough to take us to the next level, without being too disrespectful he'd have fitted in okay in the dogs of war era when it was blood and thunder, now a little more is expected

February 06, 2018, 03:54:14 PM
Reply #2

Waltzer

I don't see the relevance of his price tag?

He's a good player and is coming in for criticism now because it's his turn. People have got sick of slagging off Williams and Morgan and the others so let's turn our attention to Pickford and Gana.

I dont think its that fickle, from my point of view you need to analyse the entire team when its performing so bad, is Gueye partly responsible as he vacates his position a lot,  meaning the likes of Williams, Jags etc are exposed with players running at them? I find it hard to exonerate any of our players at the moment as it dire and they're all performing terrible, a lot is to do with the manager but they should be better than this

February 27, 2018, 01:56:04 PM
Reply #3

Waltzer

I think back to Lee Carsley and cannot see much difference. At least with Carsley we finished 4th.

Carsely was much better imo, Gana isnt bad but I dont think hed get in any team above us

February 27, 2018, 08:05:57 PM
Reply #4

Waltzer

Carsley was boss so is this a compliment or criticism?

Always remember when Real Madrid signed Graveson, swear they purchased the wrong bald headed Everton midfielder as Carsley was much better at that point in time!