December 12, 2018, 12:04:01 PM

Author Topic: Gueye Gana be great  (Read 38340 times)

August 14, 2016, 02:59:26 AM
Read 38340 times

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Yeah. At 26 you wonder how much better he can get with that.

Today it didn't cause us any issues at all but in future his giving the ball away easy could cost us.

Although of course it's very difficult to play against Spurs.

August 14, 2016, 03:08:03 PM
Reply #1

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

He was good yesterday but nothing more, and will have to improve if he's going to be what we need going forward.(for the future)

The response to his performance on here says a lot about how desperate Martinez left us.

Putting your foot in and being competitive should be a given.

It's not just that.

Being in the right place to make tackles / interceptions isn't just a case of wanting to stick your foot in.

He's clearly been bought as someone to do that and to then give it to the better technical players.

There have been lots of successful sides over the years who have done this.

August 14, 2016, 10:21:52 PM
Reply #2

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

I'm well aware of what he's been bought for.

I just believe there is better out there at the same game. People who bring more ability with the ball.

It is what it is for me. Hopefully he develops into more and so far it's positive from him.

Players who do that and are good on the ball cost way more than 7m.

August 28, 2016, 02:43:48 AM
Reply #3

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

What was his performance like today then lids?

He's got a magnetic attraction to the ball.

Just pops up everywhere.

Looked to get forward too.

August 28, 2016, 03:12:36 AM
Reply #4

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

No way he only had one interception?

Might only count if you control the ball yourself.

Can remember at least a handful of occasions where he's got a toe on the ball and caused them to lose the ball.

August 28, 2016, 03:48:08 AM
Reply #5

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

He always seems to be in the right place. I really can't work out how much of that is due to positioning or if he's just really quick.

At one point in the second half that when the ball was by their penalty box that he was hovering just in front of the centre circle, then quickly dropped back once it became clear they were going to launch the ball.

Was this something that was happening all game?

Yeah he seems to just appear.

I think he's always looking around to see where the opposition are but also reads the game really well.

Plus point for him is that he's able to change direction really quickly.

Also being small he doesn't look like he's clumsily fouling the player on the ball. He's able  to battle away without giving cheap free kicks.

It might only be a couple of seconds but these delays really help us get in shape.

August 28, 2016, 12:05:10 PM
Reply #6

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Early days as others have said,  but so far confirmation if it were needed that Villa fans are fucking morons. Most were happy to see him go!

To be fair if he played in the same style that he does for us but without other players backing him up or being generally compact, he'd often have left massive gaps in behind him which of the ball was worked around him would be easy to expose.

Given how useless Villa were I can see that could have happened quite a lot!

September 15, 2016, 08:16:32 PM
Reply #7

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Unsurprisingly it seems Gibson is injured.

I suppose re Davies vs Cleverley we needed a more defensively minded CM option with no McCarthy.

March 01, 2018, 01:40:52 PM
Reply #8

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Hes better than Xhaka IMO but the shite will have Keita next season who is basically Gana but good going forward too

If he was at Arsenal he should be paired with Xhaka.